Lisa's Birthday

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So where is this party again?" Jimin asked curiously while flipping through some documents for work.

Chaeyoung plopped down next to him on the dark leather couch with a plate full of sliced green apples in her hand.

"Lisa's boyfriend's house," She replied casually, chomping on an apple slice.

"And where is that?" Jimin turned to her suspiciously. Observing people was one of his many talents and he was especially attuned to assessing his little sister. It was obvious she was trying to hide something, which was useless since she was a terrible liar.

"Hm, not sure, but she's picking me up so I know I'll get there safely," She smiled one of her innocent smiles that Jimin knew so well and was practically immune to by now, "but, don't waste your time worrying about me! Isn't Jennie coming back tonight from Japan? You must be so excited to see her!"

Jimin gave her an unimpressed look, "stop trying to change the subject, Chaeyoung-ah. I'm just trying to make sure you'll be safe tonight."

Chaeyoung flashed him a genuine smile, "I know. And I'm very grateful, oppa... Buuut, I'm not a little girl anymore. You're going to have to let me spread my wings and fly at some point."

"You'll always be a little girl to me and dad, so stop with all of this 'growing up' nonsense," Jimin scoffed with a wave of his hand, returning his focus to his papers.

"Jimin, I'm 21 years old. Give me a break," Chaeyoung laughed.

"Fine, but at least take Taehyung with you," Jimin suggested.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, starting to grow frustrated, "Oppa, I can handle myself. I don't need a babysitter. Besides, what's Taehyung going to do during a crisis? Kill the enemy with his cute smile?"

Jimin, Taehyung, Chaeyoung and Jennie grew up together in the wealthiest neighbourhood on the East side of Seoul – always attending the same schools, play dates, family gatherings, and parties. They were an inseparable group whose friendship only grew stronger with time. Taehyung was practically a brother to Jimin – even before Taehyung's parents' death 10 years ago caused the Parks to take him in and raise him as their own. Despite that traumatic experience, Taehyung was always bright and cheerful, making him easy to love. He was Chaeyoung's best guy friend and one of the people she felt the most comfortable around. They could talk to each other for hours about the randomest things and have the best time doing it. Although she knew about the Griffins and the secret

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter