Part 9

It's All About That Kiss!

"Why are you so upset about that? Are you not comfortable to be seen with me?" Kwang Soo was slightly hurt when Ji Hyo declined his invitation without hesitation. The actress gave him a weak smile and picked up her belongings, "Ahneeoh! I had enough people talking about us being more than friend when there's nothing going on between you and me. It's frustrating. Do you get what I'm saying?"

 

He stared into her eyes for a second and came up with a conclusion, "So you want us to date for real?"

Ji Hyo burst out laughing, "Yaa! How did you conclude to that?"

"You said it's frustrating that we're not really dating," he briefly replied.

She corrected him, "Ahni! I said it's really tiring having to explain our status to everyone over and over again. But what about you? You don't seem to care much. Doesn't it bother you when people assumed that I'm your girlfriend?"

"You want to know the truth?"

She nodded.

Kwang Soo smiled sheepishly, "Then let's talk about it over dinner. It's on me." When she was hesitated, he continued to insist, "Yaa ppali-ppali! You still need to eat something no matter what!"

 

After giving a quick thought, Ji Hyo finally agreed to her dongsaeng's idea. She convinced herself that there's nothing wrong to accompany her good friend for a quick dinner, as it was something that they always do together once their work is done. However, travelling in the same car with Kwang Soo on that day was a little bit awkward for the Ace. Unlike the usual, she felt a 'strange atmosphere' between them which made her suffocated.

 

"Gwaenchanayo? You don't talk much," he also noticed the difference in the air. Previously, the two would always be chatty and have reasons for an argument, but the long silence throughout their journey was slightly unusual for KwangMong. As there's no good explanation for their situation, Ji Hyo came up with a simple excuse, "I'm probably tired. That's all." Then she looked at him, "Are we going to be late tonight that I'll end up sleeping in your car like previously?"

 

The Girin chuckled as he recalled that moment, "Are you looking forward to it? Cause I can keep our conversation long enough till you're restless." She pinched his arm and he hissed, yet they both were laughing at it. Ten minutes later the car made a right turn and entered a parking space for the restaurant customers. Kwang Soo wanted to be a gentleman and open the car door for the actress, but Ji Hyo was faster than him. "You should have let me do it!" he protested, and she just smirked at the tall actor.

 

When the waiter gave them the menu, Kwang Soo decided to order food for both of them - just to prove to Ji Hyo that he understood her well as a man. Indeed she was impressed by his knowledge about her preferences, "Whoah.. you do know my favourite dish! Did you just read my mind?". Her comment made him happy, "That's because I've been taking care of you for almost 7 years now. Doesn't that qualify me to be your husband?"

 

"Aish! If I'm married to you.. that means I cannot hit you or scream at you whenever I want to. Where's the fun in that?" Ji Hyo gulped down her drink in one shot and asked him to pour some more. Then she added, "Maybe it's the same reason why guys are afraid to ask me out. They thought that I already met someone. Yaa.. we really should keep a distance between us from now on!"

 

The Girin disagreed, "Aish.. are you trying to dump me before I do?"

She laughed and clapped her hands, "That's not a bad idea! Maybe I should."

"Well good luck in getting rid of me! Cause I will be your shadow from now on and I won't keep my eyes off you."

"Yaa.. if I hadn't know you better, I would have thought that you have a crush on me. Just like in our movie," Ji Hyo giggled and took another sip from her glass. She began to have headache from drinking too much, "Aigoo! I think I better stop before I drunk. Aish.. why does it took so long for them to prepare our food?"

"Chill, noona. Just drink as much as you want. We're not in a rush," his lips curled upward while he poured the liquid into her glass.

Ji Hyo was partially losing her conscious mind, "Yaa.. you know what will happen when I'm drunk, don't you?"

 

Kwang Soo smiled. Not to her knowledge, it was his intention to make her consumed the liquid more than she could handle. He knew Ji Hyo will only be honest with him when she was drunk. That was the only way for him to seek out the truth about her feeling. 'Whatever it takes.. I will get the answer from noona tonight!' the Girin promised himself to clarify his doubt once and for all.

 

The food finally arrived at their table, and they paused their conversation for a while to enjoy dinner with a bit of laughter. But throughout the night, Kwang Soo ensured that Ji Hyo's glass would always full - although she kept gulping down the liquid everytime he poured for her. "Noona.. are you drunk already?" he shook her arm gently, but she simply responded with a deep growl. He knew it was the right time to ask, "I have some questions for you.. would you mind to answer?"

 

"What?" Ji Hyo was too drunk to even lift up her head.

Kwang Soo carefully chose his words, "What do you think of me? Just be honest."

She stared at his face with eyes half-opened, "My Kwang Soo.. he's very tall.. and slightly handsome than Gary. But he doesn't know that.. because I never tell him. No! I can't tell him that. He will brag all about it to every person he met. Then I have to hit him on his head just to shut him up."

"You must be really drunk since you're talking to me as a third person," Kwang Soo smiled sheepishly as he was extremely happy when she praised him. He moved on to the next question, "Do you.. love him? I mean Kwang Soo."

She answered while laughing, "Do I? I don't even know that. Let me think. Oops! My brain doesn't work right now. But I can tell you a secret. I.. I've kissed him. Not in the movie. But before that. It was.. perfect. I want to kiss him again, but it would be too awkward."

"Why would it be awkward?"

"Because I promise myself that I will not fall in love with an actor.. and Kwang Soo.. he's an actor. So it's a 'no-no' for me!"

Of course he was disappointed with her answer, "Then don't date Kwang Soo the actor! Just date me as a person.. someone who really love you with all my heart."

"Love?" she found the word amusing, and laughed a little. Ji Hyo grabbed the Girin by his shoulders and shot a deep stare, "Love means nothing to Kwang Soo. It's very cheap.. and easy to give. The minute I say that I love him.. he'll dump me and walk away with pride."

"You don't know that!" Kwang Soo strongly denied.

The drunk actress kept laughing at him, "Yaa! He said that to my face every.. single.. time. I know he really means it."

"Ahni! Ahni! He didn't mean it. He was just joking!" then Kwang Soo realized something, "Wait a second. Why am I addressing myself as a third person? Aish!"

At first she laughed, then suddenly there was sadness in her voice, "That's what I thought when I found out about Gary's marriage. It was just a joke. Monday Couple was a joke! But what I've learnt from him.. when a man loves a woman, he will never fool around. He is serious about his feeling.. and he will make sure that she knows that. Speaking of Kwang Soo.. he's no difference to Gary."

 

Ji Hyo wanted to have another glass of liquid just to wipe off her sadness, but Kwang Soo wouldn't allow her by grabbing her hand that was holding the bottle. He felt her pain, "That's enough, noona. Mianada." Unwittingly, tears began to fall from his eyes when she said, "Gary broke my heart once.. so I don't want my poor heart to be broken again."