Part 2

It's All About That Kiss!

Ji Hyo grumbled when her loud ringtone awakened her from beauty sleep. With a lazy hand and heavy eyes, the actress grabbed her handphone and placed it against her ear. "Yoboseyo..ne," Ji Hyo's answered weakly. It wasn't the first time her agency 'disturbed' her so early in the morning, but usually it was for a good reason. This time, they broke a 'shocking news' that made Ji Hyo sprung from the bed.

 

"Mwo? Are you serious?! You're not kidding me.. are you? Aish! Ara.. ara. Let me talk to him first. Gomabseumnida," she ended the call with a heavy sigh and began browsing unread messages on her smartphone just to clarify the info that was told by her agency. She was extremely surprised and confused when she opened a text that was sent to her by Ryu Jin, of which Ji Hyo assumed that there was a slight misunderstanding or a miscommunication happened between her agency and the production team.

 

The actress forced herself to take an early shower while babbling about the mismanagement of her activities by her representative. Once done with bathing, she picked a simple white blouse and matched it with a black pair of jeans to go with her favourite cap. She decided not to put on heavy make-up as she had to meet up with the director as soon as possible. Ji Hyo left her home in a hurry - driving her own car instead of waiting for her official transportation prepared by her agency.

 

Upon arrival, she went to find Ryu Jin's office and informed the director's assistant about her unplanned meeting with him. After acquiring permission to enter, she was greeted pleasantly by Ryu Jin. "Mianhaeyo.. kamdok-nim. I didn't mean to barge in like this, but I need to clarify with you about the movie that we've discussed the other day. Is it true that my involvement in that project has been confirmed?" Ji Hyo was slightly nervous when she asked the question.

 

The director seemed to be confused, "Didn't you say that you've agreed to do the movie with Kwang Soo? Waeyo? Have you changed your mind?"

Ji Hyo was surprised to hear the answer from Ryu Jin and immediately denied it, "Ahneeoh! I am still considering the offer and I wish to discuss further with Kwang Soo on this. By the way.. was it my agency who made the commitment?"

"Ah ni. Kwang Soo told me that you two have agreed to star in my movie. He even told me to revise the storyline and we have done the changes accordingly. Here's the new script," Ryu Jin handed over the thick document to Ji Hyo and allowed her to take some time to read it.

 

The first few pages of the script were enough to make her jaw dropped, "Kamdok-nim.. I don't remember having to kiss the male character at the very beginning of the story. Is this one of the added scenes?". Ryu Jin nodded and explained the parts where the storyline has been tweaked by his writers in order to add more flavour to the romance between the main characters. Somehow Ji Hyo felt uncomfortable with the amendments, but since Kwang Soo has 'accepted' the role on behalf of her, the actress had no choice but to agree with it. Yet in her mind, she silently 'cursing' at her dongsaeng for his selfish decision.

 

Looking at the shooting schedule, the first scene will be shot just a day before Running Man's filming next month. The production team was already working with some famous bloggers and reporters to hype up news regarding KwangMong's first movie together, which immediately received mix responses from the netizen. Even Ji Hyo's and Kwang Soo's social media pages were flooded with questions and excitement from fans when the news about their movie collaboration spreaded like wildfire. All of the sudden, KwangMong couple became the number one most searchable word on the Internet especially among Running Man's supporters.

 

But since the 'kissing-at-the-emergency-staircase' incident, Kwang Soo haven't met with Ji Hyo outside of Running Man's shooting. He was still embarrassed to face his noona on his own, although the actress had tried her best to act casual around him like they used to. When the time came for script-reading session between the casts, it was another difficult day for Kwang Soo to be seeing Ji Hyo without recalling their 'first kiss'. A 'strange feeling' was also growing within him whenever she's around - making it harder for the tall guy to stare directly into Ji Hyo's eyes.

 

"Yaa.. will you please focus on the script so we can move on to the next scene?!" the actress scolded the tall actor for failing to read it properly with the right emotion.

 

"I'm trying! Maybe I need some.. motivations?" Kwang Soo was actually nervous to play his character as Ji Hyo's lover although they were merely rehearsing the script. As usual, the actress responded by slapping the Girin's head as a warning and he would then look at her with bigger eyes, "Can you stop hitting me like that?!". Ji Hyo was slightly annoyed when she responded, "Then do your part well so we don't have to repeat this all day!". 'But how can I when you make my mind went crazy with that.. that beautiful lips asking me for a kiss?' Kwang Soo's inner voice whispered - defending himself for not able to fully concentrate on his character. 

 

After 4 hours of long rehearsal, finally the director was happy with the outcome. The casts were then released from the session and ready to head home. When everybody dispersed from the building, Kwang Soo decided to catch up with Ji Hyo before she gets into her car. "Noona! Wait a second," Kwang Soo was breathing heavily as he was running towards Ji Hyo. She closed back her car door and just waited for him to approach her, "Waeyo? You need a ride?"

 

"Ah ni. I just want to.. apologize. I wasn't being myself lately. I'm not sure if you notice that," Kwang Soo lowered his head as he expressed his regret.

Ji Hyo just smiled, "I know. You're still worried about that movie.. am I right? Gwaenchana! I already forgive you for 'signing me up' in this project.. behind my back. Now let's do our best for it, arasso?"

 

Kwang Soo nodded. He wanted to say more, but couldn't find the courage he needed to utter his words for her. So in the end, Kwang Soo just watched Ji Hyo leaving the place after a simple goodbye. "You're always unlucky when it comes to woman, Kwang Soo. No wonder she couldn't 'see' you," he blamed himself for being a coward in front of the actress, but a voice in his head whispered, 'Or maybe you need to try harder.. whatever it takes!'

 

It was another typical shooting day for Running Man's casts, but with the new buzz around KwangMong couple, Jae Suk made the opening by teasing the Girin, "I bet Kwang Soo will fall in love with Ji Hyo for real after the movie is over!". Then Haha added, "He's a cheap lover, remember?". The rest of the members were laughing at the funny conversation, except the tall actor who became defensive, "That's so not true! I have a certain standard for my woman and noona is definitely not one of it. She's like the female version of Kim Jong Kook and it's really difficult and impossible for me to fall for her."

 

"Yaa.. don't fool yourself! If I can win Jae Suk with one finger.. with you I just need to give one kiss," Ji Hyo confidently said which made Kwang Soo blushed and smiled sheepishly. Jong Kook saw the actor's reaction and immediately joshed him, "Look at how happy he is when she said that! Are you hoping for Ji Hyo to kiss you right now?"

 

"Aish.. hyung. I'm not that cheap!" Kwang Soo was in denial and continued to defend himself until Haha proposed to validate if he was lying. The Girin became panic when the PD handed over a 'familiar device' to Jae Suk who forced the actor to strap his hand onto the machine. Kwang Soo tried very hard to release himself from the 'lie detector' device, but Jong Kook had him 'locked' at his seat while the rest of the members surrounded him. Now he couldn't escaped from playing the 'truth game'.

 

Jae Suk was the first to ask, "Do you like Ji Hyo as a woman?"

The red light automatically and Kwang Soo received electric shock when he answered 'No'.

Next it was Suk Jin's turn, "Have you ever thought of dating her outside of the show?"

 

Again, Kwang Soo received his 'punishment' for not being honest which made everybody laughed. At this point of time, Ji Hyo began to feel nervous especially when Kwang Soo had to answer to Haha's question, "Do you really want to kiss her right now or have you two kissed before?"