Part 5

It's All About That Kiss!

"What are you guys doing?"

 

Jae Suk's voice had startled KwangMong, and they quickly detached themselves from each other. The Girin became panic as he didn't know how to explain their situation to the national emcee, so Ji Hyo spoke on behalf of them. "Nothing oppa. We were just rehearsing for tomorrow's shoot," she calmly replied with a smile in order to convince Jae Suk of her lie. The actress nudged Kwang Soo's arm and he finally responded, "Ye hyung. We were.. practising."

 

The national emcee nodded and give a piece of advice, "Just be careful of your surroundings next time. Somebody might take a picture of you two and spin the story in order to create unnecessary attention. Fortunately it was me who saw that."

"Sure oppa. We'll keep that in mind," Ji Hyo answered briefly. Then she shifted her eyes to Kwang Soo, "We will continue with it tomorrow.. before the shooting start. Take care."

 

The two men just observed as Ji Hyo left the room. Jae Suk noticed that Kwang Soo was still staring at the exit although the Ace was long gone. That made him wondered, "Kwang Soo aah.. is it true that she asked you first? To have a serious relationship outside of the show?". The Girin replied with a heave of sigh, "I don't know anymore. Maybe I interpreted it wrongly, hyung. I thought she wanted us to become more than friends.. but I guess she was merely helping me out with my character in that movie. I was a fool.. wasn't I?"

 

"I'm not sure if you're a fool or not.. but I know you're brave enough to admit your feeling and that makes me proud. Perhaps Ji Hyo needs the same courage as you."

A weak smile formed on his face, "Gomabta, hyung. I wish there's an easier way to show how I truly feel.. without risking our friendship and all that. Honestly I'd rather suffer from this unrequited love than losing noona forever. That's more.. painful."

Jae Suk giggled.

"What's so funny?" Kwang Soo's eyes were widening.

"It's really weird for me to see you so heartbroken like this! Now I know how Girin looks like when he falls in love for real."

"Don't laugh! This is serious hyung!" Kwang Soo scolded the national emcee.

Jae Suk immediately apologized, "Mian.. mian. Now let's focus on how to help you solve your 'love problem'. So tomorrow you'll be meeting her again?"

Kwang Soo nodded, "We have a shoot until 6pm. Waeyo?"

"Which scene is that?"

As he was too shy to say it out loud, Kwang Soo just whispered the answer to Jae Suk. The national emcee got an idea, "Good. Now this is what you should do."

 

All the crews were ready and waiting for Ryu Jin's instruction to begin the shoot for the movie. The casts were given a final touch-up by the makeup artist, and at the same time they kept themselves busy rehearsing the script as a final preparation. When no one else was around Ji Hyo, Kwang Soo took the opportunity to say few words to his movie partner before they were summoned by the director, "Noona.. do you have a minute?"

 

"Sure. What is it?" Ji Hyo invited Kwang Soo to sit next to her.

Once he made himself comfortable, the Girin continued, "About yesterday.."

"Oh yes! We're supposed to talk about it, aren't we?" she began to give full attention to her dongsaeng.

Kwang Soo nodded and stared deeply into Ji Hyo's eyes, "Do you.. understand what the hug is for?"

Ji Hyo smiled once she was able to recall that moment, "Of course! I can literally hear your fast heartbeat. You're nervous again.. aren't you?"

"Aish.. that's not it! Aigoo. How can you be so clueless? Or are you pretended to be?"

"Me.. clueless?" Ji Hyo's face went blank.

"Ne! Can't you tell from the way I behave? How upset I was yesterday?" Kwang Soo was hoping that the actress would realize the truth without having him to say it openly.

"Yaa! I already said sorry. Isn't that enough?"

That's when he knew that Ji Hyo had no idea what he was trying to say, "How can it be enough when you don't even understand the meaning of all these?!"

"The meaning of what?!"

Kwang Soo was frustrated, "You really don't know?!"

"Yaa! Can't you stop talking in riddle and just tell me what you want?"

Kwang Soo responded by leaning his body forward and gave Ji Hyo a peck on her lips. Then he locked his eyes on her, "Do you get it now?"

Ji Hyo was slightly surprised by his bold action as she didn't expect for him to do it openly. She scoffed, "So I got scolded by you and had to apologize more than once just for that kiss? Aish.. jinjja!"

"Why not? Aren't you my girlfriend when we're at the movie set? You should have treated me better and called me yeobo!"

 

"Fine! But only because we're at the movie location. Other than that, you are still my dongsaeng and I get to slap your head whenever I want. Are we clear?" she stood up and prepared to proceed with the shooting. Kwang Soo quickly grabbed her hand and stopped her from walking away, "We must hold hands wherever we go.. arachi?". Though she was annoyed, Ji Hyo simply allowed Kwang Soo to do as he wanted. Still she nagged about it, "You're such a clingy boyfriend.. do you know that?"

 

The scene that they were supposed to shoot on that day was the part where the male character had to piggyback the female character (who was drunk) from taxi up to her bedroom. It was all fine until the part where Ji Hyo must 'unconsciously' wrapped her hands around Kwang Soo's neck - pulled him closer towards her till their face were just an inch away and confessed her love to him (while she was still drunk) when he placed her on the bed. Everytime she did that (as required by the script), Kwang Soo purposely 'forgot' his line and the shooting had to be redone.

 

"Yaa!" Ji Hyo was about to lose her temper for having to repeat the scene about five times, but the Girin quickly reminded her of their early agreement. "Call me yeobo.. not yaa!" he smiled sheepishly once he got her in control. Reluctantly, the actress had to soften her tone when she spoke to him, "Yeobo.."

 

Kwang Soo was very pleased with the way she called him, "Ne my princess?"

"Will you please do your best this time so we can wrap up the scene?" she pleaded to him.

"But I like it when you confess to me over and over.. that's so romantic!" Kwang Soo let out a small laugh as he enjoyed the opportunity to tease Ji Hyo.

'Noh micheosso?!' her inner voice was screaming furiously at Kwang Soo - imagining how she should have grab his hair or kick his leg to make him apologize for fooling around, yet Ji Hyo hid her anger behind a beautiful smile. "Otteoke? We can't waste the film and other people's time if we keep doing this. I'm also feeling tired as we couldn't move on with the shoot. Is there a better way to make you happy?"

Kwang Soo had been waiting for that question, "I'm glad you've asked. Actually.. there is!"

"Tell me. I'll do it for you!" she made a commitment without knowing what was expected from her.

"Are you sure? Cause there's no turning back!"

 Ji Hyo nodded, "Ppali! Just tell me now yeobo."

"Come closer. I'll whisper it to you."

 

Ji Hyo obeyed to Kwang Soo's request and let him whispered the answer to her ear. His 'wish' made her eyes widened and she became speechless. The Girin ended with a 'gentle warning' for the actress, "So.. are you still up for that? Or should I make us repeat the scene for the nth time cause I really can do this all day long with you."