Part 23

It's All About That Kiss!

Out of happiness, Kwang Soo covered his mouth with his hand as he was about to let out a laugh. He tried very hard to stay serious with their conversation and proceed to the next question, "Does that mean you want to date me for real?". He was confused when Ji Hyo responded with a giggle, "Wae geurae? You just said that you love me."

 

"Kwang Soo aah.. why would I waste my time to go for a date when I can just ask you to marry me?" she casually took out a ring from her handbag and showed it to the Girin.

His eyes grew bigger, "Wait a second. Isn't that.. our engagement ring? I thought you've lost it!"

Ji Hyo smiled sheepishly as she eyeing on the ring that she was holding, "Engagement ring? Aigoo.. my Kwang Soo is such a funny man! How come you don't know your own noona? Well let me tell you a secret. I don't know whose ring is this, but who cares? You can choose to accept my proposal with it.. or I will give the ring to another Lee."

"Another Lee? Who do you.." at first he couldn't guess, but Kwang Soo immediately got the answer, "Aish! Don't tell me that you love Lee Dong Wook too?!"

She chuckled, "Why not? I know he likes me too. And if we compared based on look, he's a better option than.."

Immediately Kwang Soo snatched the ring from Ji Hyo and kept it firmly in his grip, "Andwae! You've proposed to me first, so this is mine now."

Ji Hyo seemed to enjoy the moment, "I'm so touch! I thought you will say 'no' to this noona since you find me a little bit.. annoying."

"Aish.. that was before! Things have been different between us, noona. And for the record.. we're now officially engaged because I have accepted your proposal, arasso?" he said it out loud in order to ensure that it got captured by the voice recorder application.

 

Unexpectedly, Ji Hyo moved to his side and gazed deeply into the Girin's eyes. She softly cupped his face and made their foreheads touched. However, Kwang Soo became slightly uncomfortable with her sudden affection and his body began to tremble, "Waeyo? Why are you staring at me like that?". But she just smirked at the anxious guy, "Kwang Soo aah.. can't you tell that noona was only joking? Why would I propose to you with a lady's ring? Now give it back or I will slap your head!"

 

"Andwae! This is mine now," he refused to return the ring to Ji Hyo and the two began to fight over it like a child. When her energy finally depleted, the actress had lost conscious in the arms of Kwang Soo - with head leaning against his chest. Though it was uncomfortable to stay in that position, the Girin was extremely happy to let her sleep in his cuddle. He carefully switched off the voice recorder application and saved the audio file, "Noona mianhae. I know it's not right to do this behind your back.. but you give me no choice. Please don't be mad. Saranghae." Then he planted a kiss on her forehead.

 

The next morning, Ji Hyo woke up in bed - but instead of her own space, she ended up sleeping in Kwang Soo's master bedroom. She instantly sprung in panic, "Omo.. why am I here?". Her voice had awakened the Girin who was sleeping on the couch, "Wae? Wae? Oh.. you're up. How do you feel?" He went to her side and sat on the bed next to the actress - naturally caressing her hand with a smile on his face. Ji Hyo took back her hand while staring at her dongsaeng in curious, "Yaa.. why am I in your room?"

 

"Because you're drunk last night," Kwang Soo replied briefly.

But Ji Hyo wasn't satisfied with his answer, "That's not what I've asked. What I want to know is why I'm not sleeping on my bed."

"Well.. as your fiance, I want to take good care of you and be the first person you'll see when you wake up. It's really romantic, don't you think?"

She scoffed, "Romantic? Yaa.. did I hit you on the head too hard last night? I'm not your fiancee!"

Kwang Soo took his handphone and played back the 'conversation' that they had last night - but only till the part where Ji Hyo 'proposed' to him, "There. You said it yourself.. and now we're officially engaged."

He showed her the ring.

Her jaw dropped, "So.. so it wasn't just a dream?!"

When Ji Hyo covered her face in embarrassment, he moved closer and give the actress a hug while patting on her back, "Gwaenchana. You just made the best decision in your life, noona. I'm so proud to be yours."

"Yaa! You're making me uncomfortable!" Ji Hyo pushed Kwang Soo away, but he just laughed. That made the actress became furious, "You better not teasing me after this! Or I'll.."

"Kiss me? I know you want to."

"Yaa!"

Regardless being scolded by the actress, Kwang Soo bravely stole a kiss from her, "Saranghaeyo.. my pretty noona."

 

His action caught them in an awkward silence. Their eyes were locked on each other, with Kwang Soo having a different expression on his face as compared to the Ace. She was still shocked by his bold behaviour. "Noona.. will you marry me? I really mean it. I want us to be together.. forever," Kwang Soo showed his sincerity as best as he could. He gathered his courage after taking a deep breath, "It doesn't matter whether you remember or not about the things that had happened between us.. cause even if I have to go through it all again, I'm more than willing as long as I'm with you."

 

This time, the Ace heaved a sigh. She lowered her head in guilt - avoiding eye contact with the Girin. Kwang Soo became confused with her reaction, "Wae geurae? You don't like it?". He waited for Ji Hyo to respond, but she just kept quiet. Kwang Soo was slightly disappointed, "Mianhae. I must be a fool to think that you will remember everything and come back into my arms.. but I guess that's just a false hope."

 

"Kwang Soo aah.." Ji Hyo was a bit hesitated to continue.

He anxiously asked, "Ne noona?"

"I.. I've actually.. have remembered everything," she reluctantly confessed in a low voice.

"Mwo? Jeongmalyo? You're not lying?" the Girin was getting excited - until he heard her reply.

"But I also remember the reason I was mad at you. So I don't think I should be in between you and So Min.."

"Ahneeoh! So Min is no one to me! Jinjja jeongmal!" Kwang Soo got down on both knees as he pleaded to Ji Hyo, "You're my only one yeobo! I promise! What happened with So Min was just an accident! It wasn't intended."

She stood up and he followed her moved.

Her eyes were reflecting her sadness, "I wish I don't remember how painful it was to be betrayed.. but then.. you brought it back when you took me to that staircase again. You're a selfish man, Kwang Soo!"

"Jaebal! Don't hate me yeobo. Mianhae.. yeobo mianhae. I know I was wrong! I regret what I did. Jaebal.. don't leave me!" he was back on his knees and wrapped his hands around her waist - locking the actress from making a move.

"Do you know why I gave that ring to you last night? I wasn't proposing to you, Kwang Soo. I was merely.. returning 'something' that doesn't belong to me anymore. Now that it's in your hand, I believe we're no longer 'attached' to each other. You're a free man."