Part 15

It's All About That Kiss!

Jong Kook let out a small laugh as he wasn't convinced by Ji Hyo's answer, "Jinjja? Are you sure it's not you?"

 

"Aish oppa. Does it matter who that person is?" she avoided from confessing to the Commander and 'shut' by drinking her lime juice - almost half of the glass although she wasn't so thirsty. Ji Hyo forgot how 'sharp' Jong Kook is as he would always be able to figure out the answer or the missing piece from the riddle, even when there wasn't any clue given. That is one of many strengths he possessed as the strongest member in Running Man.

 

Because of that, Ji Hyo became more conscious when conversing with the Commander. She already agreed with Kwang Soo that Jae Suk should be the first person to be told about their secret engagement, hence Ji Hyo reminded herself not to say a word that will easily relate her to the Girin. So throughout the dinner, she made Jong Kook focused on other topics which are much general and leveraged on her acting skill to avoid from arousing suspicion.

 

"Thank you for coming oppa," she lowered her head to Jong Kook as a form of respect. The Commander's eyes became small when he smiled, "No need to thank me for that. I had a good time too. It's been a while since we had a chat like this. Anyway.. tell your 'friend' to worry less about her man's opinion. If she knows how to handle the two important guys in her life, things can work out well as long as no one cross the line. See you at the shoot!"

 

While walking back to her car, Jong Kook's words kept replaying inside her head like a broken record. 'As long as no one cross the line,' was the part that made her reflected on her friendship with Dong Wook, which to certain extent might be misunderstood by the people around them particularly their shippers. All these while she had never been uncomfortable to hug or hangout with her best friend in public, but things seemed to be different since Kwang Soo became an important part in her future.

 

"I guess he must be really hurt whenever I mention about Dong Wook. Aish.. but Dong Wook will be upset if I suddenly act cold around him. Eotteoke?" Ji Hyo had a mixed of feelings and couldn't think of a better way to solve her 'love problem'. She stayed in her car for almost fifteen minutes just debating whether to keep a distance from Dong Wook or not, before finally decided to put that matter on hold and wait for another new day.

 

Then something 'unexpected' happened. Few days later Ji Hyo found out that her own fiance had spent a night at So Min's house, and it became the major topic of discussion for the netizen especially those who are now shipping the new 'KwangMin' or 'Betrayer Couple'. Although Kwang Soo had denied any intimate relationship with the youngest female member of Running Man, the fact that he admitted about the sleepover and hangout with So Min's younger brother left a scar in Ji Hyo's heart.

 

For almost a week, she avoided Kwang Soo even when he did his best to console her day by day. The Girin kept apologizing for his unconscious mistake with So Min, but she was still hurt by the outcome of the situation. Ji Hyo felt betrayed by her own man and her new dongsaeng, however she couldn't blame So Min who is clueless about her relationship with Kwang Soo. Nevertheless the Ace was hoping that her man would be more sensitive to her feeling, and just like Jong Kook has said - no one should cross the line.

 

"Yeobo.. yeobo please talk to me and don't push me away like this," Kwang Soo grabbed Ji Hyo's wrist after they have done with the shooting for their movie. There was sadness in his eyes, yet it didn't make her sympathized or ready to forgive him. Instead she gave him a warning, "Let go of my hand before I hit you on the head. Do you want people to look at us?"

 

Instead of releasing his grip, Kwang Soo now held both of her hands as he tried to apologize, "I don't care if they're looking. I just want you to hear me out. Yeobo.. I admit that I shouldn't be too close with So Min's family, but I wasn't lying when I said I was too drunk and.."

 

"Why is her name in your recent call list and not me?" she forcefully released herself from his grip and shot an intense stare at Kwang Soo's face.

It took a while for him to remember, "That night I got a missed call from So Min, so I redialed her number before I passed out. It's the truth.. jinjja!"

 

"Whatever," she answered nonchalantly and turned her back on him to make a move. He stubbornly followed her steps, but failed to stop Ji Hyo from driving away in a speed. The only thing he could do was screaming her name, then went to his own car and locked himself in. A big sigh escaped from his mouth as he tried to calm down, but Kwang Soo wasn't able to regulate his own emotion and ended up tearing out of disappointment. "Why can't you forgive me Song Ji Hyo?!" he cried out loud alone, even though no one could hear him from the outside. With his head rested against the steering wheel, he blurted out his regret, "I miss you so much.. yeobo. I really miss you."

 

At the same time, Ji Hyo was also crying while driving home after fleeing away from Kwang Soo. Frankly she was hurt to see the Girin 'suffering' from her cold treatment, but her heart was still in pain each time she saw him with So Min. It was already hard when they had to hide their relationship for the time being, but it was even harder when she had to fake a smile while observing the on-screen friendliness between Kwang Soo and So Min. Fans seemed to have 'moved on' from shipping KwangMong as couple, and now So Min became everyone's favourite as Kwang Soo's new love-line.

 

Instead of taking the shortest route, Ji Hyo decided to drive a longer distance to reach her neighbourhood as she didn't want to arrive home with red eyes. Her parents will shoot her with lots of questions if they saw her crying, of which there is no better explanation to give when no one knew what really happened between her and Kwang Soo. While her mind was too distracted, Ji Hyo failed to notice that she was driving on the opposite lane - and her car was about to collide with another vehicle heading straight towards her.

 

Silence was broken with the ringing of his handphone. The number wasn't registered in his contact list, yet Kwang Soo decided to answer the call anyway. "Yoboseyo. Ye hyung," he immediately recognized Jae Suk's voice the moment he heard him talk. At first he thought that the national emcee would like to ask him out for a chat, but the news that Jae Suk brought made Kwang Soo's jaw dropped and his heart beat so fast. He began to stammer, "Are.. are you sure? This.. this is a joke.. isn't it? You're just joking.. right hyung?"

 

Then he knew that the bad news was real when Jae Suk scolded him for stuttering, "Are you going to waste time talking to me or rush to see how Ji Hyo is doing?! Ppali-ppali.. I heard the accident was bad!"