Part 25

It's All About That Kiss!

"Then prove it. Prove it like you really mean it."

 

She stared deep into his eyes. Not a smile on her face. He knew that Ji Hyo was serious when she dared him to convince her that he will never betray their relationship. It took him a while for his brain to find the right words, "I will.. but not today. I don't want you to think that I'm doing it because you've asked me to.. so you have to wait till we meet again for our next Running Man shooting." Then he took her hands and held them firmly, "Noona.. I hope you will be ready when the time comes."

 

Since then, his words had haunted her. Ji Hyo was thinking hard to figure out the Girin's plan for the upcoming shooting, yet there were too many possibilities that could happen. The Ace tried to get some hints by observing the tall actor, however he was very good at 'avoiding' her for the past few days. "Maybe those are just his empty words.. they don't mean anything," the actress tried to convince herself not to worry much about the 'promise' made by Kwang Soo.

 

When it was time for the two actors to meet up again for Running Man new episode, Ji Hyo became extremely nervous. Her eyes were busy trying to locate the presence of Girin, however her strange behaviour quickly captured the attention of the older members. Out of concern, Jae Suk approached the Ace, "Gwaenchanayo? You don't look so well." Ji Hyo faked a smile, "Ah ni. Just a bit tired." She then asked, "Oppa.. have you seen Kwang Soo?"

 

"I don't think he has arrived. Has he?" the national emcee directed his question to the Big Nose who shook his head. Switching back his attention to Ji Hyo, Jae Suk spoke out his curiosity, "Anything you would like to tell us about you and Kwang Soo?"

 

"Mwo? What do you mean?" Ji Hyo wasn't expecting that question coming.

Jae Suk smiled sheepishly, "You know.. like 'good news' that you would like to share with us. After all we are family Ji Hyo. Why would you keep any secret from your brothers?"

"Yaa.. do you know something that I don't know?" Suk Jin who stood next to the national emcee was slightly upset that he was clueless about the 'secret' which Jae Suk had just mentioned.

"Ye oppa.. I was curious too!" the actress forced a laugh - hopefully to avoid from having to talk about her 'personal connection' to Kwang Soo.

The national emcee giggled, "I forgot that you two are both actors.. but we all will soon know the truth. I'm very sure of that."

 

Their conversation was put on hold when the PD called everyone to begin the shoot for that day. While others were getting excited, there was one person who was unable to focus at that moment. "Are we not waiting for Kwang Soo?" it was the first thing that came out from Ji Hyo's mouth when the camera started rolling. The rest of the members seemed to be very happy without the presence of the Girin, and they kept saying that the absence of Kwang Soo made them less worried about the 'Betrayers Club' throughout the game. As others kept pushing for the shooting to proceed (though Ji Hyo was against it), the PD listened to the majority and introduced the mission for that day.

 

To match with their characters, players have to change into clothes that have been prepared for them by the crews. The moment everyone came out from their dressing room, all Running Man members were impressed by their stunning outfits. The men were looking good in tuxedos and white shirts, while the ladies were stunning in beautiful dresses with gorgeous hairdos. Just when they were ready to hear out their first mission, the PD called Jae Suk to the front and whispered a message to his ear.

 

Other members were then curious with the sudden change of expression on Jae Suk's face. He was no longer smiling. With a heavy heart he announced to the members, "We just received news about our dear Kwang Soo from his manager." Jae Suk paused and heaved a sigh, "He.. he committed suicide." The news shocked everyone and they kept questioning if Jae Suk was telling a lie. But as the PD confirmed the story and told them to get into the cars that would take everyone to Kwang Soo's funeral, that was when tears began to fall freely from Ji Hyo's eyes.

 

"Be strong unnie.. we all didn't see it coming," So Min was also weeping as the two female members hugging each other at the backbeat of the car drove by Jae Suk. Ji Hyo couldn't say a word except crying even louder than before. She was too saddened by the lost of 'the-man-she-supposed-to-marry', and the Ace regretted her decision to ignore her own feeling towards Kwang Soo by letting anger took the best of her. Now it's too late to make things right.

 

Through the mirror, the national emcee stole a glance at his passenger, "Ji Hyo aah.. actually.. I felt guilty for not telling you this. Not that I purposely keeping it a secret, but Kwang Soo wouldn't allow me to say anything about this especially to you." He paused for a while before continued, "Kwang Soo.. he really loves you.. more than just his noona."

 

"I know," Ji Hyo replied in a soft voice yet enough to be heard by the two members. Her confession had surprised Jae Suk and So Min who thought that the Ace was clueless as always.

The national emcee seek for more details, "You do? How? Does he know?"

"I.. we.. we were in a relationship," finally the Ace found the courage to speak the truth, but it triggered more curiosity among those who were in the same car with her.

Next it was So Min's turn to shoot her with questions, "Unnie.. how long have you two been dating? But why none of you admit that you guys are actually a real couple?". When Ji Hyo just kept silence, So Min continued to babble, "Now I feel so bad for thinking that Kwang Soo oppa had a crush on me. He must have done it just to get your attention on him. Mianhae unnie.. I would have not flirt with him if I knew that he's yours from the beginning."

"It's not your fault, So Min. I'm the one who pushed him away. I was a fool who doesn't deserved him," Ji Hyo turned her head away and tried to distract herself from remembering about Kwang Soo's death.

As an older person, Jae Suk shared a piece of advice, "You are not the only one at fault, Ji Hyo. We all do. We only appreciate what we've lost.. so from now on let's not repeat the same mistake again and start to open our heart to those who love us just the way we are."

 

Finally they arrived at the church 30 minutes later, but Jae Suk wouldn't let the ladies to enter the hall with him. "So Min, you stay here first with Ji Hyo while I check how things are inside. Wait for my call.. only then you can come together with Ji Hyo."

 

"But oppa.. I want to see Kwang Soo for the last time. Jaebal.. please let me in. I need to be with him!" the Ace pleaded for a chance to attend her man's funeral, however Jae Suk refused to change his decision. He firmly opposed, "You're not in the right state of mind, Ji Hyo. I don't want you to lose yourself in there. If you are weeping over Kwang Soo's body, people might create stories about you based on how you react. Jaebal.. just stay with So Min and try to calm down. So Min.. please take good care of your sister. I'm going in."