Part 10

It's All About That Kiss!

He quickly held Ji Hyo's head to avoid it from banging on the table, then carefully moved to her side so she could leaned on his shoulder instead. The actress has fallen into deep sleep, so the Girin just sat still next to her in order to let the lady rest comfortably. Kwang Soo gently tucked Ji Hyo's hair behind her ears, but then his heart was beating fast when his eyes caught her beautiful cherry lips.

 

Kwang Soo tried to shake off the feeling of wanting to peck those lips, but his desire became stronger with every second as he stared at them. When he couldn't resist the temptation, the Girin slowly moved his face closer to the actress and prepared to steal a kiss. However as he was just an inch away from getting his wish, Kwang Soo's consciousness held him back from doing it. 'Andwae! I can't be selfish. I shouldn't take advantage on noona even when I have the chance. She'll hate me for that!'

 

Ji Hyo slowly opened her eyes one at a time, but the bright light made her head felt heavy. As she was in bed, the Ace allowed herself to regain energy by stretching out her whole body - not realizing that there was someone else in the room with her. "Omo! Aish.. this fool. I almost had a heart attack because of you!" she just noticed Kwang Soo who was sitting on a chair when he yawned. The Girin gave a weak yet pleasant smile to the actress, "Feeling much better?"

 

She nodded. But it took a while for Ji Hyo to be aware of her surroundings, "Yaa.. why am I at.. your place?". Kwang Soo giggled and dragged his chair closer to the bed. He was amused when Ji Hyo became panic and immediately 'examining' herself under the blanket. "Wae? You think I've done something bad to you last night?" he - then she threw a pillow at him after screaming "Yaa!" furiously. Once she was convinced that nothing 'unpleasant' happened between them, Ji Hyo demanded for an explanation regarding her presence at his house.

 

"You were too drunk last night, noona. So I had to carry you all the way here," he summarized the incident that led him to bring Ji Hyo into his room. Actually there were more details behind the story, but for now Kwang Soo decided to keep silence until she was ready to hear the truth. He prepared breakfast for her while the actress freshing up herself in the bathroom, then brought the food to the bed so she could enjoy it immediately.

 

The smell of the food brought a smile on her face, "Whoah.. are those for me?". She thanked her dongsaeng for the effort he made and happily enjoyed the delicious breakfast - but not without sharing the dish with him. Kwang Soo was blushing when she shoved food into his mouth, and his reaction has triggered Ji Hyo's curiosity. "Wae geurae? Never been fed by a lady before?"

 

"Aish.. you're not just any lady, noona. You're the first woman who slept in my room since I moved here."

Her hand was fast enough to hit Kwang Soo's head for his naughty joke, "Yaa! Is that all you can think of when you saw me in bed?!"

"Don't blame me! All men are like that including Jae Suk hyung.. Suk Jin hyung.. Haha.. Jong Kook and Gary hyung. Even Se Chan will think the same if they see what I saw."

"Yaa!"

Kwang Soo successfully dodged her attack and immediately apologized for his words, "Mian.. mian. But noona, don't you notice something? Look at your finger."

Only then she realized what she had on her, "Omo.. whose ring am I wearing?"

"That's from me. Do you like it?" Kwang Soo smiled proudly.

"Your ring? What for?"

He stopped her from taking the ring off, "Keep it. It belongs to you now."

She became suspicious of his intent and began to question the Girin, "Why are you giving me this ring all of the sudden?"

Instead of answering, he responded with a smile.

Ji Hyo was anxious when she failed to interpret his mind, "Yaa.. I'm asking you right now. Don't give me that look!"

 

{flashback - after Ji Hyo was unconscious at the table}

 

For another an hour, the Ace slept on his shoulder until the restaurant was about to close. Before attempting to carry her in his arms, Kwang Soo decided to wake Ji Hyo up. "Noona.. noona. We have to leave now. Can you walk?" She growled, then slowly opened her heavy eyes as if pleading for him to give a piggyback. Although she never mention it verbally, Kwang Soo naturally understood and began to carry her on his back. 

 

When he fastened the seatbelt for the actress, she suddenly grabbed his shirt and pulled his body closer. "Please don't leave me here. I hate being alone." Kwang Soo tried to gently free himself from Ji Hyo, but she tightened her grip and made him fell onto her - accidentally landed his lips on hers. Though it wasn't intended, Ji Hyo refused to detach herself from him. She didn't want to break their kiss despite he was resisting out of respect. In the end, Kwang Soo's heart was melted.

 

"Will you marry me?"

 

Her out of the blue 'proposal' made his jaw dropped. Kwang Soo almost say 'Yes' to Ji Hyo, but he quickly reminded himself that the marriage proposal was made when the actress wasn't in her right state of mind. So the Girin just ignored her words, "I really should take you home now before you go and ask some random guys to marry you."

 

"I knew it. Nobody likes me. Men don't see me as a woman. That's why I got rejected over and over again," she began to burst into tears and made Kwang Soo panicked. The Girin tried to calm the Ace, "Please don't cry, noona. Aigoo.. I didn't mean to hurt your feeling. It's just.. you might regret what you just did!". Unfortunately, his words caused her to cry even louder, so Kwang Soo could only think of one solution to soothe her.

 

Kwang Soo took out a small box that he kept in his car's compartment and opened it immediately, "I'm supposed to give you this on your birthday.. but I wouldn't mind to do it right now if that will make you happy." He took her hand and slipped the diamond ring onto her finger, "Will you be my wife.. Song Ji Hyo.. or Cheon Seong-Im?"

 

{back to present time}

 

Ji Hyo became speechless as Kwang Soo unfolded the story behind the ring. Though it was still blurry, somehow she could recall part of her memory from last night which validated the Girin's explanation as the truth. That made her embarrassed, "Aigoo.. I knew I'll do something stupid when I'm drunk! Can't you please.. forget what I've said or did yesterday? Here.. you can have your ring back."

 

Kwang Soo was upset when Ji Hyo took off the ring from her finger, "I've told you to keep it! What's done is done!"

"What do you mean what's done is done?!"

Without hesitation he replied, "It means that I have agreed to marry you and you have accepted my marriage proposal when I slipped that ring on you!"