Part 14

It's All About That Kiss!

It was the day that Kwang Soo had awaited for. Although it was merely part of the act, however the scene where the main male character prepared a 'romantic surprise' to propose to the female character on her birthday was something that he wished to do for his own Ji Hyo. As it was already too late for them since they have secretly engaged, the Girin 'pretended' that he did everything for real - but it backfired on him as he kept addressing his movie partner as 'Ji Hyo' rather than 'Eun Ji'.

 

His silly mistake brought laughter to everybody at the movie set, because they assumed that the tall actor was just nervous or too familiar with the Running Man's Ace. Ji Hyo however, getting a bit anxious when the people around her began to tease them as 'on-screen couple who should marry each other', which could potentially 'decode' the actual status of their relationship. Even her own best friend i.e. Dong Wook has successfully done that, hence it wouldn't be too impossible for the rest of the world to find out about their secret engagement sooner that she hoped for.

 

To make things worse, Kwang Soo even scolded one of the young male supporting actors who was very fond of Ji Hyo's natural beauty and her charming personality as an actress. When the director announced break time, she quickly dragged her fiance away from the crowd and confronted him for an explanation. "Yaa.. do you really need to embarrass that poor boy in front of the crew?" Ji Hyo blurted out her disappointment with a heave of sigh.

 

The Girin defended his action, "He shouldn't be flirty or trying to be cute just to get your attention. Was he trying to woo you when I'm still around?!"

"Aish.. he already said that he's a fan of mine when we first met him. So it's typical for that young boy to get overly excited."

"He reminded me so much of Tae Joon and I don't like it."

"You mean Choi Tae Joon?" Ji Hyo let out a small laugh as she had to agree with Kwang Soo's opinion.

But she laughed harder when he spoke to her with a straight face, "I know he asked you out for a drink because that's one of your favourite things to do in free time. My only worry is that you might be asking him to marry you when you're too drunk.. and that boy will definitely take it literally just like I did."

"Yaa.. just because it happened once doesn't mean it will happen again!"

"So you don't mind to get drunk with that young man? Do you really want to see me go crazy?! Tell me that you didn't say 'yes' to him.. or do you want me to stick around you twenty four seven till no one dare to ask you out?!"

 

Ji Hyo really couldn't stand with Kwang Soo's seriousness that it made her squatted down laughing. He reminded her of the early days in Running Man where they had acted out a scene in a train and Kwang Soo with the same intonation accused her of drinking too much just to raise her heartbeat. It was so hilarious back then because of the Girin's character as a framer, but it's even funnier today when he really meant every word and became a jealous fiance of her.

 

But the Ace knew how to 'tame' the Girin. While he was still babbling like an old man, she surprised him with a warm cuddle which made Kwang Soo became speechless and blushing at the same time. Ji Hyo smiled with her eyes closed as her head rested against his chest, "Arasso. I won't go alone for a drink with any other man.. except Dong Wook and my precious Kwang Soo." The moment Dong Wook's name was mentioned again, he immediately detached himself from the Ace. "Why must he be included in your list? Is he your boyfriend too?!" Kwang Soo totally disliked a competition especially against good-looking and popular guy like Dong Wook.

 

"There you go again. How many times must I tell you that Dong Wook is my very best.. male friend? Besides.. we have a lot in common and one of them is definitely drinking," she justified her reasons to be friendly with Dong Wook. When Kwang Soo was adamant that he didn't like her to be too close with her same-age male friend, Ji Hyo slid both hands in her pocket and made a cute gesture - pouting her lips and staring at him with puppy eyes in order to get Kwang Soo's approval. As she expected, it wasn't long before the tall actor melted down by her aegyo. Although he was still reluctant, Kwang Soo finally acknowledged the bond between his fiancee and Dong Wook.

 

KwangMong returned to the set when Ryu Jin was ready to begin the shoot. Because they are experienced actors, both were able to act naturally in front of the crews. No one knew about their secret meeting during the break, which was a great relieve to Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo. Fortunately the rest of the filming went well, so the session was wrapped up by Ryu Jin following the original schedule.

 

"What's your plan for tonight?" Kwang Soo was about to discuss about dinner with Ji Hyo, when he received a call from Se Chan. He excused himself for a while to answer his phone, "Ne. I just finished the work here. Tonight? Not yet. Geurae. I'll be there in an hour." Kwang Soo heaved a sigh after he disconnected the phone call, "The guys would like to meet up for a drink tonight. I guess we can't have dinner together." She nodded and smiled. But before leaving Kwang Soo left a warning, "Just make sure that you will be safely home tonight and please don't go out with that boy. I can't promise that I would be nice to him if that happens."

 

Ji Hyo just giggled and playfully scolded Kwang Soo for being such overprotective. After that she walked to her car and prepared to leave, but a message from Jong Kook made her paused her steps:

'Want to go for tanning tomorrow?' - Jong Kook

She replied to his message, 'Maybe not oppa. My skin will look different when filming. Anyway.. do you have time for dinner? I'd like to discuss something important with you.'

'Geurae. Where shall we meet? I hope you're not planning to eat ramyeon tonight,' Jong Kook sent his message just few seconds later.

 

Once they have selected a place, Ji Hyo drove herself to the restaurant and waited for the Commander to arrive. It took him 5 minutes later to show up, "Have you ordered?". She shook her head and passed on the menu to Jong Kook. He called the waiter after deciding on the food and beverages, then focused on Ji Hyo who seemed to be distracted by something, "Ji Hyo aah. Gwaenchanayo? What is it that you want to discuss with me?"

 

"Oppa.. if you have a girlfriend, will you let her to be closed to her best friend who happened to be a guy and is better looking than you?"

Jong Kook giggled, "Wae? You found a man who isn't happy with you being close to Kwang Soo?"

"Ahneeoh! I only want to hear your opinion. This is just a random question," she lied to the Commander.

"A random question? I thought you were seriously want to know about it. Anyway.. if my girlfriend has a guy friend and is very closed to him because they are best friends, I will do my best to make sure that I'll be way better than the other guy so she will think of me as her han namja. But seriously.. who are we talking about?"

She forced a smile, "A friend of mine."