Part 3

It's All About That Kiss!

"I can't tell you that," Kwang Soo stared at Haha with puppy eyes, hoping that his hyung won't forced him to say things that might revealed his 'little secret' with Ji Hyo. But Haha being himself wouldn't let his buddy got away that easily, "Waeyo? You have something to hide?". The way Kwang Soo strongly denied it has triggered more curiosity and excitement among the male casts. Jae Suk also interrogated the Girin in a joking manner, "Yaa Lee Kwang Soo! Have you been secretly in love with your noona? Aish.. jeongmal! Check yourself in the mirror first."

 

Ji Hyo only laughed at their conversation although her anxiety was getting stronger. Partly she felt sorry for Kwang Soo who had to take the 'torture' all by himself, but on the other hand she felt glad that the male casts were not suspicious of her or make her confess about their 'first kiss' through the same method. Probably they were being considerate because she's a female member. "I said I don't want to answer it! I just don't want to! Don't force me to do this!" Kwang Soo exploded and kicked the table furiously, but as usual none of his friends was afraid of him and they kept laughing at the poor Girin.

 

"Why are you so angry? It must be true then!" Jong Kook made a quick conclusion which was supported by others. Kwang Soo responded by throwing away the 'lie detector' device after he playfully punched the muscular man on his abs for making fun of him. That was the end of the game.

 

The shooting continued with several activities that were prepared by the production crew, and at the end of it Jae Suk's team which consisted of Haha, Se Chan and Ji Hyo was announced as the final winner. Once they wrapped up the episode, Jae Suk went to Kwang Soo and asked the Girin if he was offended by their mischievous joke. "I'm fine, hyung. It's just.. I don't want noona to feel bad or uncomfortable around me if I answer that question on camera," Kwang Soo explained himself to the national emcee.

 

Jae Suk nodded, "Aah.. so that's why you refused it? I guess we've totally misunderstood everything. You know.. Haha was very confident that you have a crush on Ji Hyo."

Kwang Soo smiled sheepishly, "Well.. he could be right, hyung."

"Mwo? Since when?" Jae Suk was surprised to hear Kwang Soo's confession.

"I don't know, hyung. I just realized that my heart was beating faster everytime I look at her nowadays. Was it wrong for me to be feeling this?"

Jae Suk took a moment to reply, "Falling in love is never wrong, Kwang Soo. But crossing the line as a co-worker is. Can you remain professional with her in front of the camera? Remember, she might not have the same feeling as you do."

"So what should I do, hyung? Should I be honest with noona or just.. let it go?"

"I kind of agree when you said that Ji Hyo might be uncomfortable if you openly confess your feeling. My advice is.. take the opportunity whenever you can and learn to love her in silence. Sometimes.. actions speak louder than words. Arachi?"

 

Time flew so fast. Ryu Jin's movie finally began it's shooting in the heart of Busan, where fans of KwangMong were already flooding the area. The scene was about the first meeting between the two main characters played by Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo, of which the Girin is a man who just lost his job while the actress is a woman who got dumped by her man. "Ready? And.. action!" Ryu Jin gave his instruction and the camera started to roll.

 

It wasn't hard at first for KwangMong to act out their emotion according to their characters, but when it comes to the 'romance' part, Kwang Soo suddenly froze and forgot his lines. He was supposed to say something when she fell into his arms, but the tall actor just hold his partner's body without a word spoken. "Cut! Now let's reshoot from the first part. Kwang Soo are you ready?" Ryu Jin had to stop the filming when the actor wasn't able to focus.

 

Seeing the worried face of her dongsaeng made Ji Hyo requested for a break. She knew Kwang Soo needed more time to prepare himself. "Yaa.. gwaenchanayo? Can you still continue with the shoot?" the actress was concerned with the tall guy's condition when he seemed to be spaced-out from reality. She opened a water bottle and handed it to Kwang Soo, but the Girin was grabbing her hand instead. He gave her a deep stare, "Noona.. I'm nervous."

 

"Nervous? Waeyo?"

He revealed his concern, "We have a 'kissing scene' after this. Isn't it?"

Ji Hyo nonchalantly replied, "Ne. So what's the matter?"

"Are you fine with that?" he carefully asked.

The actress chuckled, "Why wouldn't I be? That's how it's written anyway. Be honest, Kwang Soo aah. Are you not comfortable to kiss me?"

"Ah ni, noona. It's just.. I don't trust myself anymore."

"Meaning?" Ji Hyo was clueless.

"I might be.. overdoing it."

"Yaa.. this is not the first time you had a 'kissing scene' in your movie or drama, am I right? So how can it be different from the previous ones?"

"Other actresses are different, noona. I wasn't as close to them as I am with you. I'm scared that things might change between us because of this. I don't want to lose you."

Ji Hyo smiled and held Kwang Soo's hand firmly to calm him, "You won't, Kwang Soo. No matter what happened afterwards.. I'm still your noona. But if you're uncomfortable to kiss me because of that, then just think of me as your girlfriend. I'll do the same if that can help you out with your character."

"Jeongmal? You'll do that.. for me?" Kwang Soo's eyes were glistening.

Ji Hyo nodded.

He was very pleased with her offer, "So can I call you by your name instead of noona?"

"Whatever you want to," she casually replied.

"How about.. yeobo?"

 

At first Ji Hyo was hesitated, but later agreed as she has gave her words to him. The most important thing was to see Kwang Soo ready to go back to his old self - full of confidence and cheerful. Although it was awkward to behave as a couple, Ji Hyo decided it was necessary for the work to be done. "Are you going to hit me if I want to.. hold your hand like this?" Kwang Soo was still unsure if Ji Hyo really meant the things she said, yet he gathered his courage to interlock fingers with the actress.

 

"How can I hit you when you're holding my hand?"

Kwang Soo's mouth agape.

Ji Hyo giggled at his confusion, "I was just joking! Why would I hit my boyfriend's head when he was being nice to me? Kaja, yeobo. We don't want others to wait for us."

 

'This can't be true. I'm dreaming again.. am I?' Kwang Soo had a conversation running inside of his head - wondering if he really heard her calling him 'yeobo' instead of the usual 'yaa!'. Once they were both back to the shooting area, fans were screaming frantically when they saw the KwangMong couple holding hands off the camera. The crowd became louder when Kwang Soo was whispering to his 'girlfriend', "The fans love us together. I think we've got their approval."

 

Ji Hyo whispered back to 'her man', "So let's not disappoint them, shall we?". Right in front of everyone, Ji Hyo planted a kiss on Kwang Soo's lips, of which he responded well by pulling her body closer towards him and making it last for more than a minute. From that moment on, he dedicated his heart to her - and no longer afraid to love that woman beyond their 'brother-sister' relationship.