Part 8

It's All About That Kiss!

The day for another Running Man shooting came and the members arrived at the location individually in their own vehicle. The first to reach there was Jae Suk, followed by Haha, Jong Kook and Suk Jin before the Girin came. "Whoah.. Mongji's boyfriend is here!" the national emcee clapped his hands as he welcomed the tall actor who was smiling shyly when hearing the new 'nickname' given by Jae Suk.

 

"Why did you came alone? You should be picking up your girlfriend if you're a real man!" Haha playfully scolded Kwang Soo which made the others burst out laughing. Jong Kook also commented on his dongsaeng, "This is the reason why he always fail with girls. Kwang Soo doesn't know how to impress a woman by being gentle to her." But Suk Jin 'attacked' the Commander against his own words, "Yaa.. you are no difference to Kwang Soo when it comes to that!'

 

All of them continued to blame Kwang Soo for 'not showing enough effort' to win Ji Hyo's heart. They kept babbling and giving advice to the tall guy on things to do and not to do which made Kwang Soo slightly annoyed. "Aish! Ji Hyo noona is not such woman. She can take care of herself!" the Girin defended himself from his hyungs. Even Se Chan and So Min who came later had joined the bandwagon and making fun of the tall actor.

 

The minute Ji Hyo's van was seen, everybody except Kwang Soo were cheering loudly while singing Lee Seung Gi's famous song titled 'Because You're My Woman' - a song that describes about a young man who has fallen for an older woman. The actress who just stepped out from her vehicle was confused at first with the 'warm welcome' that she received, until Haha shouted, "Congratulations on your new relationship with Girin!"

 

Her immediate response was, "Ah wae geurae?! When did I declared to be his girlfriend?!"

"It's already written in an article.. 'Lee Kwang Soo is Song Ji Hyo's new love interest'. Are you going to deny that?" Jae Suk tried to provoke the Ace.

The Ace frawned, "That was only for the movie, oppa! There's nothing more than that. But Kwang Soo.."

 

Everyone's eyes were immediately shifted to Ji Hyo - wondering what she was about to say when the Girin's name being mentioned. They couldn't help from laughing out loud at Ji Hyo's response, "He kept 'pretending' himself as my boyfriend and always sent me text messages like ten times a day asking where I am.. what I'm doing.. have I eaten? Aish.. he's really getting on my nerves!"

 

Kwang Soo who was upset by the Ace's confession confronted the actress with a sad face, "Why are you doing this to me? Are you going to play with my heart when you should have handled it with care? Didn't you made that promise?"

"Whoah.. Kwang Soo can be scary at times!" Haha was amazed to see the 'serious' expression on Girin's face, which doesn't seem to intimidate the actress.

 

The PD announced that the episode for that day would be a 'couple mission'. As there won't be any guest, the members will be divided into 4 teams - Haha with Jae Suk, Jong Kook with Se Chan, Suk Jin with So Min, and finally Ji Hyo with Kwang Soo. While the Girin was running around and screaming happily with the team formation, Ji Hyo on the other hand went to the PD and pleaded for her to change partner.

 

"Omo.. poor Ji Hyo unnie," So Min felt sorry for the actress who was strongly against the pairing. "I've never seen Ji Hyo so upset like this. Just bear with him for a couple more hours Ji Hyo aah!" Jae Suk was laughing hard when the PD declined the Ace's request to be teamed up with another member. The actress pouted her lips to protest, but couldn't do anything as the decision has been finalized.

 

The first activity required one person to give out instruction from top of the hill while the other player had to perform the action as instructed. Ji Hyo volunteered herself to convey the message from afar while Kwang Soo will be the one to carry out the mission. As only one pair will go at a time, the rest just observed the KwangMong playing from where the Girin stood.

 

"Kwang Soo aah! You must find three red balls, seven yellow balls and two blue balls.. then put them in the basket!" Ji Hyo screamed as loud as she can. Though her voice was clearly heard by many people there, Kwang Soo thought it would be fun to joke around. He pretended to be clueless and shouted back to the Ace, "Mworago?! Did you say saranghaeyo Lee Kwang Soo?!"

 

She assumed that he couldn't hear her and so the actress made another attempt, "I said find three red balls, seven yellow balls and two blue balls.. put them into the basket! Ppali-ppali!!"

"Mwo?! You want to go on a date with me?!" the tall actor has successfully made the audience went crazy with his joke while Ji Hyo yelled a loud "Yaa!!" at him as she was about to lose her mind.

 

Other Running Man members were laughing hard when Ji Hyo was struggling to send the message to Kwang Soo who was fooling around and made his team losing the challenge. Because of that, he got himself beaten by the 'Bad Ji Hyo' who was extremely furious at his childish behaviour. "These two have no hope at all!" Jae Suk made a comment to which the other casts agreed and found it amusing.

 

The next game was even more challenging - one person has to verbally describe the sentence that was shown by the crew while the other had to listen to loud music through headphones and tried to guess the answer correctly. Every wrong answer would cause the person who failed to describe the sentence to be punished severely by getting a painful 'electric shock', hence Ji Hyo found herself a good opportunity to get even with Kwang Soo.

 

Each time the Girin described the sentence to her, she purposely gave a different answer such as "You want me to hit you?" or "You're a cheap lover Girin!" and so on - just to make Kwang Soo furious. As expected, the continuous revenge between KwangMong led them to fail all the team missions, and in the end Haha-Jae Suk couple was announced as the winner.

 

"I've never had so much fun 'losing' the game like this!" Kwang Soo cracked a joke at the end of the show.

Haha chipped in, "Aigoo.. I smell new romance coming into Running Man! These two must always be put together in a team so they can bicker at each other like forever!"

"Don't you dare PD-nim!" Ji Hyo gave a strong warning as a respond to Haha's proposal.

 

The show wrapped up around 6 in the evening and everyone was satisfied with the outcome. As usual, Kwang Soo would find his noona and have a few words with her. "Sorry if I overreacted during the game. I just want to make it funny," he gave the most 'valid' reason to justify his action. Ji Hyo thought it was strange for him to apologize, "Ara.. but it wasn't just you. I did the same thing, remember? So you don't have to feel guilty about it."

 

"What are you doing after this?" he naturally helping the actress to pack up her belongings.

"Nothing. Just going home and have a good rest. And you?"

It took a while for him to answer, "I wanted to go somewhere for dinner, but I don't like to be alone. Why don't you join me since you're free?"

Ji Hyo sensed his real intention, so she put down her belongings and gave him a deep stare, "If this is your attempt to ask me out.. then I have to say 'No'. Mianada."

"No? But why?" Kwang Soo asked, to which Ji Hyo replied, "Yaa! Do you really want people to think that we're dating?!"