Part 7

It's All About That Kiss!

From the corner of his eyes, he saw Ji Hyo has been yawning for couple of times. The actress seemed to be fighting to stay awake - probably to keep him company. That made him felt guilty, "Why don't you take a nap? Just lower your seat so you'll be more comfortable." Ji Hyo did as he told, and within a minute she has fallen asleep. Again, he stole a glance at the actress.

 

'Should I drive her straight to home.. or cruise around till dawn? Think Kwang Soo! Think,' the Girin was contemplating to cut the journey short, as part of him wanted to spend more time just alone with Ji Hyo in a total silence. His heart was beating so fast knowing that he was being selfish for keeping her around, and while he still deliberating a choice - the car has been circling the neighbourhood for the the third time.

 

Kwang Soo finally parked his vehicle after an hour had passed. He turned to Ji Hyo who was still sleeping, and just watched her in silence until she made a move. Kwang Soo immediately pretended to fall asleep as well when the actress awake, "We're here already?". Ji Hyo saw her driver was taking a nap next to her, "Yaa.. wake up! Wake up! Why are sleeping as well? Aish."

 

He pretended to stretch out as if he has been resting for quite a while, "Aigoo.. I guess I must be tired too."

"You should have wake me up when we've arrived," Ji Hyo babbled as she unfastened her seat belt. Her eyes were blinking few times when she saw the time, "Omo! Did I slept here for 2 hours? My mother will kill me!"

 

"So we literally just 'slept together'.. aren't we?" he smiled sheepishly and got a hit on his head. Ji Hyo shot a sharp stare at him, "Stop your nonsense imagination! Now drive home safely. Text me when you're at home, arasso?". He nodded and watched Ji Hyo exiting his car. They bid goodbye after wishing goodnight to each other, leaving the Girin smiling all the way while driving back to his place.

 

KwangMong met again after 2 days for a photo shoot and an interview with a magazine to promote their movie. Because of their roles as lovers, the concept for the shoot was emphasizing more on their chemistry as couple rather than Running Man colleagues. There were few poses that require KwangMong to act naturally as romantic duo, which include few skinships and 'near-kiss' shot.

 

Once the photography work is done, they moved on to the interview with the journalist. KwangMong sat next to each other while receiving questions.

Journalist: Annyeonghaseyo Ji Hyo ssi.. Kwang Soo ssi. How are you guys feeling today?

Kwang Soo: I'm feeling great.. and I believe Ji Hyo noona too.

Journalist: Thank you for accepting this interview despite your busy schedule with movie and Running Man. So can you share with us.. a bit about your role for the movie? Who will start?

Ji Hyo: My character.. Eun Ji is about a lady boss who is feared by the employees because of her strong personality. Her relationship with her fiance doesn't work out as what she hoped for and since then Eun Ji hated men.. until she met So Hoon, played by Kwang Soo.

Kwang Soo: Ye.. So Hoon was the man who saved Eun Ji from an accident when she was drunk and heartbroken. In return, he got a job at her workplace but it was really hard for him to adjust at first because she would always screaming and scolding him every now and then.

Journalist: But then the two main characters fall in love?

KwangMong nodded.

Journalist: Sounds like the story of you two.. isn't it?

Both Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo laughed shyly. The Girin gave the actress a hopeful stare and she got his 'message'.

Ji Hyo: When I first accepted this role.. I was being skeptical because my partner is Kwang Soo. I mean.. we fought a lot be it during or outside of Running Man and we have been so close like brother and sister. But the more I work with him as his partner in the movie.. the more I 'see' him as a man who is a 'boyfriend material'. I'm sure any ladies will fall for his character just as I have when we act together.

Journalist: (giggled) Omo.. does that mean you have fallen in love with the real Kwang Soo?

Ji Hyo: (forced a smile and stared at the tall actor) For a moment.. I thought I have a 'boyfriend' because he treated me so well and make me feel like a woman in love. I totally forgot that we were just acting.

Kwang Soo: (extremely happy with Ji Hyo's response) I can't help it when ladies are captivated by my charm.

Ji Hyo: That's why Kwang Soo is the 'Prince of Asia'. He's one of the most wanted bachelors among females.

Kwang Soo: (staring at Ji Hyo) And you're one of them?

She just nudged his arm instead of answering to his question.

Journalist: So Kwang Soo ssi.. would you consider dating Ji Hyo after the movie is over?

Kwang Soo: Whoah.. that's a very tough question. We'll see about that. But if Ji Hyo noona ask me to date her after this, I'll think about it cause I have too many options right now.

Both Ji Hyo and the journalist burst out laughing due to Kwang Soo's comment.

Journalist: Going back to question about the movie. I was informed that there are a lot.. and I mean really a lot of romance, skinship and not to mention.. kissing scene between you two. How did you guys do it? Was there a discussion.. or rehearsal done prior to that?

Kwang Soo: We talked about it and even rehearsed the scene over and over again until we really feel comfortable with it.

Ji Hyo: It was awkward at first.. but after few times of kissing, it came out naturally.

Kwang Soo: What Ji Hyo noona was saying.. she 'attacked' me with her lips several times until I have to tell her to stop. That's how much she has fallen for me.

Again, his words made everyone laughing out loud.

Journalist: I have one final question for Ji Hyo ssi. Since Gary already left Running Man and got married, do you forsee that Kwang Soo will be your next Monday Boyfriend?

Ji Hyo: I think by now everyone has accepted that Monday Couple is a memory from the past.. and I want to respect that memory for fans who have been supporting us from the start. If Kwang Soo and I are destined to be together.. it wouldn't be in Running Man. That's all I can say for now.

Journalist: Ne. My last question to Kwang Soo ssi.. if there is another opportunity to be partnered with Ji Hyo in a movie or drama, would you say yes to it and what would be the genre?

Kwang Soo: Since she has always been 'bossing' me around in this movie and also in Running Man.. my only wish is to play a character where I am in power and I can control her however I want. That would be fun!

Journalist: Like an avatar?

Ji Hyo: (staring at Kwang Soo) Yaa.. my nickname is not Kwangvatar! That's you.

 

Their interview was ended with Ji Hyo's and Kwang Soo's speech to their fans. After thanking everybody at the location, it was time for KwangMong to leave. While walking together towards their vehicles, Kwang Soo took the opportunity to thank Ji Hyo for fulfilling her promise. "Aish.. I'm so doom when we meet up for Running Man this week. Jinjja!" Ji Hyo expressed her worried with a heave of sigh.

Kwang Soo laughed until his eyes became small, "Waeyo? Are you ashamed for saying that you love me?"

"When did I say that?!"

"Didn't you say that you saw me as a 'man' just now? You almost forgot that we're just acting as a couple because you already think of me as your real boyfriend, aren't you?"

"Aish.. go on and have fun teasing me while you can! But next time I will not let you off the hook that easily. Arachi? I'll see you again. Have a safe drive!"

 

They both went separately and got into their car with similar question popping in their mind - what would be the reaction of other Running Man members when the interview is published?