Part 22

It's All About That Kiss!

She knew 'that question' is coming, but never expected for it to be too soon. At this point of time, Ji Hyo hadn't came out with the best answer to explain about the missing v-log. Only now she regretted for not asking permission from the owner of the laptop before pressing on the delete button. Nevertheless, nothing can be done to change the past. The video cannot be retrieved no matter what she does.

 

"Mwo? What.. what video?" the Ace was stammering while replying to Kwang Soo as she wasn't sure if she should pretend to be clueless.

Playing innocent, the Girin casually responded, "I've recorded a video with my webcam last night. When I woke up this morning.. my laptop was switched off and the file has been deleted. Since there are only two of us in this place, I wonder.. was it you?"

"Was I what?" she asked with a mong face.

He laughed, "You deleted after you have watched it last night. Didn't you?"

"Yaa.. what are you talking about?!" Ji Hyo continued to deny what she did, without knowing that her dongsaeng was very much aware of the truth.

"Gwaenchana! I won't be mad at you, noona. In fact.. I'd like to hear your opinion."

"My opinion?"

"Ne. There must be a good reason for you to delete the file." When she kept silent, Kwang Soo became more determined to make her confess, "Come on. I'm sure there's something that bothered your mind after you've watched it. That's why you.."

Ji Hyo heaved a sigh when she finally admitted, "You're right. I did it. I did it because I care. I mean .. what were you thinking, Kwang Soo aah? Do you really want people to find out what's going on in your life?"

"But.. do you know what I was talking about.. or who?"

Instead of answering, she just bit her lips.

He reached out for her hand and held it gently, "Ji Hyo noona.. I know that I've agreed to be your dongsaeng for a little while, but I can't stop myself from wanting you more than anything in this life. Jaebal, let me love you the way I'm used to.. cause my heart has chosen you from the start."

 

For a moment, she was drowned in her own thought. Her eyes were staring at the hands that were holding hers with care. She was still contemplating - yet Ji Hyo felt it wasn't right to give up hope too soon, "That would be nice, if only I remember the lost details from my past. So help me to answer this, Kwang Soo. Tell me.. how did I fall in love with you and when did it happened?". He smiled, "You wouldn't believe in my words if I just say it to you now. Why don't we go out for a drink and talk it over? But before that, we will drop by somewhere. There's a special place which I have been longing to take you to.. and you'll know why."

 

As agreed, KwangMong went out to spend hours together - revisiting places that might be able to trigger back her lost memories due to the accident. Their first pit stop was at Ryu Jin's office. "What are we doing here?" Ji Hyo was confused when the Girin took her to the emergency staircase instead of the director's room. She almost curses him when he suddenly pinned her body against the wall, "You might have forgotten noona, but I remember the time when we came here to discuss about our love scene. So before we meet up with the director, I'm going to 'prepare you' emotionally for your role as my girlfriend in the movie. However.. I have to warn you, noona. I'm a great kisser and I can win you easily with my lips."

 

Not allowing he to rebut, the Girin gave the a actress a 2-seconds 'emotionless kiss' which she didn't expected. Then with a proud face he asked the Ace, "Have I captured your heart?"

Ji Hyo scoffed at  the confident Kwang Soo, "Mworago? Aish.. jeongmal. That was the worse kiss I've ever had! Even I can do better than you."

"Jinjja? I'm not sure if I believe it. That's just your plain words, noona. Anyone can say that without proving anything. You only talk and.."

 She cupped his face and kissed him.

He kept babbling, "You're holding back emotion.."

Ji Hyo hushed the Girin with another kiss.

"What I'm trying to say is.." he received the third kiss which made him paused for a while and smiled sheepishly, "Oh that was good. I need some more.."

As Kwang Soo leaned forward to request for the fourth round, Ji Hyo laughed naughtily and pushed him away, "Yaa.. I've proven myself already. I'm not going to kiss you again!"

"Oh wae geurae?! That's not even a real kiss. We were just rehearsing, remember?"

 

Somehow the word 'rehearsing' sounded familiar to her ears. A strange feeling strucked her heart, but Ji Hyo couldn't tell what it was. The actress tried to recall her memory by gazing into the Girin's eyes, yet it was still blurry. The Ace was also unsure of what's going on within herself. She took a good look around the emergency staircase area where they stood at. The more she scanned her surroundings, the more she felt 'attached' to it in an unexplainable way. She knew there's something 'special' about that place and the Girin seemed to have the answer she need.

 

"You've felt it just now, didn't you?" Kwang Soo could read from Ji Hyo's body language that the actress was trying to remember her past.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I just had a dejavu.. like this had happened before and we're merely repeating the scene."

Kwang Soo was happy to hear it and naturally embraced Ji Hyo in his arms, "Take your time to remember noona. I know it's still within you." Then he broke the cuddle, "Let's take a break for now. It's been a while since we had drink together."

 

About five minutes to 9pm, KwangMong arrived at a local restaurant that served high quality wines. To avoid from being recognized, the two Running Man members had to put on caps, glasses and face masks while appearing in public. As it was getting late, fortunately there were only few customers left in the same building.

 

"Let's get drunk tonight," Kwang Soo raised his glass and proposed a toast.

She accepted it with a giggle, "I hope you won't regret it when I really do!"

 

"Gwaenchana. The worst thing that could happen is you will ask me to marry you tonight," Kwang Soo laughed although he wished hard for it to be true. Just as before, he kept pouring the liquor and ensured that the actress would drink it to the last drop. When she finally got drunk, he carefully took out his handphone and recorded their conversation, "Noona.. mianhae. I have a few questions for you. Will you be honest with me?"

 

Ji Hyo was half conscious when she replied to him, "Yaa.. have I lied to you before?"

"I hope not, because I want to ask you something very important. Are you ready?"

She lazily nodded, "Go on."

He took a deep breath to reduce his nervousness, "Noona.. have you ever fell in love with me?"

The Girin almost screamed happily when she nonchalantly said, "Of course.. you're my Kwang Soo. Saranghaeyo!"