Part 19

It's All About That Kiss!

When her mother told her that she'll be staying with Kwang Soo for a while, Ji Hyo almost jumped off her bed in shock. Not sure what just happened, she watched her mother packing her important belongings in a bag with a clueless face, "Eomma.. are you serious? You want me to live with Kwang Soo?"

 

"Waeyo? Aren't you happy? Your appa has given permission already," Mrs. Cheon smiled as she stared at her beloved daughter. Once done, she handed the bag to Ji Hyo and told her daughter to meet Kwang Soo downstairs. But the Ace was reluctant to leave, "Eomma.. I don't want to stay with Kwang Soo! What if something bad happens? What if.."

 

Ji Hyo's mother stopped the actress from complaining by poking her head, "Aish jeongmal! Aren't you the fierce one as compared to Kwang Soo? Honestly.. I'm more worried what you will do to that poor young man rather than what he can do to an 'angry-bird' lady like you!"

 

From the living room, all the men could hear the footsteps and the ladies' voices as they were heading downstairs. The moment his eyes caught Ji Hyo's presence, a smile naturally appeared on KwangSoo's face. On the contrary, the actress pouted her lips while trying to release herself from her mother's grip. It was obvious that she was unhappy having to leave the comfort of her own place.

 

"Let me take that," Kwang Soo happily took the heavy bag from Ji Hyo's mother who was holding it for the actress. Then he looked at the Ace with excitement, "Kaja." Like a gentleman, he opened the car door for Ji Hyo and protected her head from hitting the panel. After thanking the Cheons, Kwang Soo drove away from the housing area and headed to the main road. He whistled happily from behind the wheel, which made Ji Hyo felt annoyed with his reaction.

 

When she could no longer take it, Ji Hyo let out her anger at the Girin, "Yaa! What did you tell to my parents till they agreed with this?!"

Kwang Soo giggled, "Nothing. I just said that I'm going to take care of you and they are okay with that."

"Don't lie! You must have said something very convincing for my parents to believe you."

"Jinjja! They said I can be trusted.. because I'm being honest."

"Honest about what?"

Kwang Soo smiled sheepishly, "About my feeling towards you. I've told them that I love you.."

Ji Hyo's hand naturally hit the Girin on his head and he screamed at her, "Oh wae?!"

"Yaa! How can you say that to my parents?! What will they think of me now?!" she scolded Kwang Soo for involving her parents in their complicated relationship.

The Girin was unhappy to be blamed for his action, "Why must you be so angry?! Your parents were not even against the idea of us dating!"

"Just stop talking about it! Aish.. I'm so furious right now."

"But why can't we.."

"Don't talk to me."

"You really not talking?" Kwang Soo stole a glance at the actress without losing focus on his driving. When she didn't respond, the Girin continued to babble, "You can't ignore me forever, noona. We're going to live under the same roof from now on and you will need my help with your injuries. Whether you like it or not.. there's no way you can avoid me. Don't you think so?"

 

Ji Hyo pretended to sleep so she doesn't need to continue with their conversation. Kwang Soo almost bicker at the actress when she stopped paying attention to him, but he hold his anger till they safely reached his home. Knowing Ji Hyo, there is no use in trying to get her to talk if she refused. Her stubbornness made it difficult for anyone to influence her thought, hence Kwang Soo decided to play according to the Ace's rules.

 

"What are you doing?!" Ji Hyo was bewildered when Kwang Soo leaned over her body. Her hand naturally covering - assuming that the tall actor was attempting to steal a kiss from her the way he did while in her bedroom.

The Girin scoffed, "Don't get it wrong! I was just helping you with your seatbelt since we already arrived.. unless you want to sleep in the car tonight?"

 

"Aish.. michi!" Ji Hyo grumbled, yet she followed Kwang Soo into his apartment. That wasn't the first time she has been there, but sleeping over at his place wasn't something she looked forward to. Not only that, accepting his kindness means having to repay him in the future - therefore giving Kwang Soo the 'power' to control over her behaviour.

 

After keeping Ji Hyo's bag in the room next to his, Kwang Soo returned to the actress, "Are you hungry? I can prepare something for you."

"Yaa.. I've told you not to speak to me!"

He just laughed, "Was I talking to you? Well.. you just happened to hear my voice since we're standing so close to each other."

"Then who were you asking? A ghost?" Ji Hyo mocked her dongsaeng.

Kwang Soo pointed to the aquarium behind her, "I'm talking to my pet fish. Her name is Mongji."

"Yaa!" Ji Hyo was furious at Kwang Soo for making fun of her.

On the other hand, the Girin felt satisfied that he got to , "Did you just screamed at me? Cause that means we're interacting. I guess the 'don't-talking-to-me' rule is no longer applied."

"You're really good at annoying people. Do you know that?"

"Is that a compliment?" 

She turned her back on him, "Whatever. I'm going to my room."

Kwang Soo immediately grabbed Ji Hyo's wrist, "At least have a dinner before you sleep."

 

Ji Hyo wanted to decline and just leave, but her stomach demanded for food. Reluctantly, she accepted Kwang Soo's offer and took a seat at the dining table. Because she was his guest, Kwang Soo refused to allow Ji Hyo to help him in the kitchen. Hence, she just sat there watching him doing all the hardwork on his own, and for the first time she was impressed by his skill.

 

While locking her eyes on him, Ji Hyo was drowned in her own thought, 'How come he look so manly when he's cooking? And that smile.. aigoo. He makes my heart beats wild!'. When she realized that she was 'admiring' her own dongsaeng, Ji Hyo scolded herself for getting distracted by what she saw, 'Noh micheosso? That's Kwang Soo, yaa pabo! You must be out of your mind if you think he's attractive!'

 

"Food is ready!" Kwang Soo happily announced as he placed the hot ramyeon on the table. He couldn't help from noticing the way Ji Hyo stared at him, "Wae geurae? I got something on my face?"

 

"Mwo? Ah ni.. so you're good at cooking ramyeon?" Ji Hyo changed the topic before Kwang Soo became suspicious and ask a lot of questions. Her tactic worked because the Girin seemed to have forgotten about it, instead he excitedly shared about the ingredients that he used in his cooking. The food has magically transformed the 'atmosphere' from cold to happy, and things were back to the way it used to be.

 

After finishing her food, Kwang Soo gave a cup of water to Ji Hyo for her to swallow the pills. His eyes were scanning her wounds, "Won't it hurt when you shower?"

She forced a laugh, "Yes it does. But I still need to refresh myself, isn't it?"

"Of course. But let me help you to treat your wounds before you sleep, arachi?"

"Gwaenchana. I can do it myself."

"Aish.. stop being too independent! Once in a while you should let a man take good care of you, arasso? Now let me carry you to the room," he got up from his chair and stood next to Ji Hyo.

Once again she declined, "Yaa.. my legs are not broken. I can still walk."

 

Ignoring her strong resistant, Kwang Soo just carried the actress in his arms and took her straight to her room. Once she sat on the bed, Kwang Soo kneeled down in front of her, "I've promised to your parents that I will take good care of you no matter what it takes. So from now on, you're my princess and I'm your humble servant. Don't be hesitated to ask for my help.. cause I will come running whenever you call."