Part 24

It's All About That Kiss!

Kwang Soo stood still. There were tears in his eyes, but not because he was sad. Instead, he felt angered - and disappointed at the same time. The woman he's been fighting for seemed to have given up hope on their relationship. All his efforts in trying to win her back made him a fool, yet she called him selfish as he refused to move on. That was when he began to doubt if Ji Hyo has ever really loved him the way he did.

 

"Jeongmal.. so you want to end this?" Kwang Soo asked for the final time, to which she responded with a weak nod. The Girin became more upset, "Geurae. I'm going to respect your decision now noona. As you've said.. we're both free from each other. That means you can leave my place whenever you're ready. I will not stop you." The Girin went on and opened his bedroom's door - indirectly 'telling' the actress that she must no longer stay with him at his place as their 'break-up' made him felt uncomfortable.

 

Without words, Ji Hyo obeyed to his request and slowly walked by the Girin to get back to her room. She was deeply hurt when Kwang Soo 'ignored' her stare as she stood next to him, however Ji Hyo couldn't blame the man. The Ace knew she deserved to be treated that way, therefore Ji Hyo decided to accept the fate of their relationship and hope for a better tomorrow.

 

From that moment, their interaction became limited and strictly professional as colleagues. They only spoke to each other about work, which triggered curiosity among the Running Man members particularly those who were closed to the KwangMong. "Are you two in a fight?" Jong Kook took the opportunity to seek for the truth from Ji Hyo during the break time. The Sparta sat on the same couch as the Ace - waiting for her to give a response. However, she 'pretended' to be clueless, "What are you saying oppa?"

 

He chuckled, "Come on. Your 'mong' face doesn't work on me. I can smell something awkward between you and Kwang Soo. Now what did he do this time?"

"Nothing."

"Ji Hyo aah.."

"Maybe we got tired being around each other.. since I'm seeing him too often for Running Man and also our movie."

 

While they were busy chatting, a pair of eyes were staring sharply at SpartAce from afar. Though he couldn't hear their conversation, seeing the two having their private moment has set his heart on fire. Right then, an evil thought came to his mind. "Pretty So Min! Do you want to share drink with me? I made this myself," the Girin purposely calling out to So Min with a loud voice - successfully caught attention from both Ji Hyo and Jong Kook.

 

"Omo.. what's got into you oppa? You randomly called me pretty," So Min smiled sheepishly.

Kwang Soo forced a laugh, "I think you're prettier than the other woman.. just a bit 'weird' sometimes."

So Min giggled shyly, "Oppa.. are you 'hitting' on me?"

"Can't I? I'm a 'free' man," again he said it out loud.

 

As she watched Kwang Soo happily talking to and teasing So Min, Ji Hyo didn't notice that she was being observed by the Commander. Jong Kook laughed, "Why are you staring at them like you're going to eat those lovebirds alive?". Ji Hyo scoffed, "Lovebirds? Please.. they will only bring bad luck to each other. I mean.. just look at him. He easily falls in love with any woman. That's cheap!"

 

"What about you?" Jong Kook randomly asked, to which had caught Ji Hyo by surprise.

She immediately shifted her focus on the Sparta, "What about me?"

"Did he ever fell in love with you?"

She instantly denied, "Aish.. I wouldn't even allowed him."

"Waeyo?"

"Because he.." Ji Hyo paused for a second before continued, "He's Kwang Soo. That explains everything." She suddenly smiled sheepishly at the Commander, "And what's your excuse oppa?"

Jong Kook was confused by her facial expression, "Me?" Then he made a wild assumption, "Yaa.. noh micheosso?! Are you asking if Kwang Soo has ever fell in love with me? I'm a guy Ji Hyo aah!"

His reaction made her burst out laughing, "That's not what I meant oppa! I'm asking your reason for not falling in love so easily.. and.. I was curious. Have you ever looked at me as a woman?"

Jong was blushing, "Aish.. you're my dongsaeng. I can't develop a feeling towards you.. although I used to adore you in the early years. Besides.. I don't want to get involve in a love triangle and fight over a woman with all my brothers. We're one family."

 

Despite the conversation she had with Jong Kook, Ji Hyo decided to 'change' her attitude towards the Commander by improving their chemistry on Running Man. The actress was not afraid to act childishly around the Commander, and once in a while the members (especially Jae Suk) were teasing them as a strong couple. She was so fortunate to have luck on their side, that most of the time she ended up as the final winner together with Jong Kook. Even fans were happy with all the SpartAce moments that were shown in several episodes. All accept one - the Girin.

 

When he could no longer held his anger, Kwang Soo decided to confront Ji Hyo at the set of their movie. He found her reading script alone at the corner and approached the actress to let out his frustration, "We need to talk." She reluctantly stared at him and said, "I'm busy."

 

Despite her cold response, Kwang Soo insisted to have a conversation with the Ace, "Then you just need to listen. I don't like how you behave around Jong Kook hyung recently. You're making him uncomfortable."

She put the script aside and gave a sharp stare at Kwang Soo, "Who are you to say that? His spokesperson? Well if Jong Kook doesn't feel comfortable, he can say it directly to my face. There's no need to use third person."

"I'm saying this for your own benefit, noona. People are making assumptions about you and hyung. They said you're trying too hard to get his attention."

She scoffed, "Aren't you doing the same with all the ladies?"

"You can't compare yourself to me noona. I'm a man.. it's okay for me to be flirty."

"It's okay? So you're telling me that it's okay for you to fall in love with more than a woman because you're a man?! That's good to know."

"Why must you be so angry with me?! Are you jealous when I'm hitting on those ladies? I thought there's nothing going on between us anymore."

"Exactly! There's nothing between us. So mind your own business and don't tell me what I cannot do."

Kwang Soo immediately grabbed Ji Hyo's wrist before she went off, "Noona.. jaebal. I'm really worried about you and I don't want you to get hurt."

She turned to face him with red eyes, "In case you have forgotten something.. it's too late for you to show your concern towards me. My heart has already broken.. and you know exactly who did it."

Kwang Soo lowered his head and heaved a sigh, "I know.. and I'm sorry for what has happened in the past. I wish I can undo everything so that you won't stay mad at me.. but you need to give me a chance."

"A chance for what? To break my heart again and again?"

He pulled her closer into his cuddle, "No. To show you that no other man can love you better than me.. not even Jong Kook hyung."