Part 20

It's All About That Kiss!

He smiled as she smiled at him. Within a second, Kwang Soo's heart began to beat faster when Ji Hyo cupped his face with her small fingers. Instead of slapping the Girin, the Ace just locked her eyes on him. Naturally his hands responded to the actress by helding her wrists gently, with both thumbs rubbing softly against her skin. Deep inside Kwang Soo had wished that Ji Hyo will remember everything - the way they touch, care and love one another. But he knew she would need more than just a skinship in order to bring back those memories from the past.

 

Then she suddenly made a move which he wasn't expected. The Girin became more nervous when the actress leaned over towards him, leaving just about an inch gap between their faces. When Kwang Soo began to tremble, Ji Hyo laughed naughtily and pushed him away, "You must thought that I wanted to kiss you, right? Aish.. what a typical Kwang Soo and his dirty mind!"

 

"Mwo? So you were just teasing me?! Why won't you do it for real?" Kwang Soo blurted out his disappointment as he was already getting excited to receive a kiss from Ji Hyo.

"Yaa! The only reason for me to kiss you is for our movie, arachi?" she smirked at the Girin.

Her answer has provoked him into an argument, "Whoah.. you're so unfair! Don't I deserve a kiss for treating you well?"

"I knew it! You're expecting something in return when you're being so nice to me. I should have warned my parents about you."

"Aish.. it's better to repay me with a kiss than having to compensate with money, isn't it? Come on. Don't be such a coward," a big smile was formed on his face when it was his turn to mock the actress.

As usual, Ji Hyo was easily provoked by Kwang Soo's words, "Mworago? You called me a coward?!"

"Ye! You're a coward because you refused to kiss me. Just be honest noona.. you know you can't help from falling in love with my charm after we sealed lips, aren't you?"

She scoffed, "Pabo! You're too confident."

"Aah.. jeongmal? Shall we prove that?" Kwang Soo bravely approached Ji Hyo for a kiss.

Ji Hyo covered the Girin's mouth with her hand, "That was just your silly excuse to kiss me now.. wasn't it?"

"Does it work?" he winked with a hopeful smile.

She fake a laugh, "In your dream! Now move aside cause I need to shower."

"Want to do that together?" he playfully asked, and got himself a free smack on the shoulder from Ji Hyo.

 

Kwang Soo walked out from the room to give personal space for the actress to refresh herself. He went to get his handphone and made a call to Ji Hyo's father, "Yoboseyo. Ne, Mr. Cheon. I just wanted to inform you that Ji Hyo is fine. She had her dinner and took her medicine. Ye, she's in the shower right now. I will call you tomorrow to update on her status. Gomabseumnida!"

 

Right after he ended the call, Kwang Soo heard Ji Hyo's screaming in her room. He quickly knocked on her door in panic, "Noona! Gwaenchanayo?"

"Don't you dare to come in!" she warned him from the other side.

But the Girin was extremely worried, "What happened in there? I heard you screaming."

 

After few times of knocking, she finally opened the door for him. Kwang Soo held the actress by the shoulders and began to scan her condition from head to toes, "Gwaenchanayo? Are you hurt? What happened?"

Ji Hyo forced a smile, "Mian. I didn't mean to make you worried. It's just that these cuts were a bit painful when I washed them." 

"Mianada. I wish I can bear the pain for you. Will this help?" he asked while warming the actress in his cuddle. Kwang Soo gently rested his chin on her shoulder, "If you need to cry.. just cry in my arms. Like you've said, I won't judge you at all. With me, you can be vulnerable. I will be your pillar of strength and your white knight. You hear me?"

"Kwang Soo aah. Don't.." she didn't finish her sentence.

"Don't what?"

Tears were flooding her eyes although she held herself from sobbing, "Don't be too good to me, cause I might believe that your love is real. I'm thankful enough to have you as my dongsaeng.. so I can't be too greedy and ask you to be my man instead. I'm very sure you have better options out there, which I'm not one of them."

"Liar. You should know by now that I can't love anyone else but you. So why do you keep pushing me away when all I'm asking is to be where you are?" the Girin tightened his embraced as if he refused to let her go.

 

"Because I don't want to lose you!" Ji Hyo was finally freed from the Girin's arms. There was a minute of silence in that room. After calming down, she looked at him with a deep stare, "If I let you to love me now when I am still searching for some answers about my past.. I feel like I'm torturing you with the long wait and I'm not keen to do that to someone who has been good to me. For a while.. would you mind to be my dongsaeng until I'm ready?"

 

The only thing he could do was nodding. Although he was still hoping for their marriage to proceed as planned, Kwang Soo decided to give time for Ji Hyo to regain her memory. The actress had to be convinced of their relationship beyond siblings, but he couldn't forced her to remember how she used to feel about him in just few days. Nevertheless, he refused to give up his effort even when she had asked him to. So the Girin decided to seek for advice on his 'love problem'.

 

After nursing Ji Hyo's wounds and put her to sleep, Kwang Soo went to his room and his laptop. He recorded himself using his webcam:

"Annyeonghaseyo. How's everyone? I hope you guys are doing well out there. To be frank.. I'm quite nervous right now cause I've never done any v-log so far. So this is my first. I've decided to record a video today because I need your opinion and perhaps some good advice on my problem. It's quite personal.. but I hope you will not jump into any conclusion or asking me questions about the person that I'm discussing here. Well recently, there is someone who I'm attracted to.. yet till today we have not making any progress when it comes to a serious relationship. I wanted to be more than friends, but she wasn't convince of how I feel and asked me to wait till she's ready. The thing is.. I'm not sure how long should I wait.. and I couldn't help from wondering.. what if during this period we found someone new? Should I keep hoping for her to see me as a man or should I move on? I really can't decide. So if you guys can help me to solve my problem, please leave a comment at my video and tell me what I need to do in order to get her attention. Till then.. kamsahamnida!"

 

Once satisfied, he posted the video on his social media page and prayed hard in his heart, 'Jaebal.. I hope this is the right thing for me to do. Let me find the answers that I need, so I won't be making another wrong decision that I will regret.'