Part 4

It's All About That Kiss!

Kissing the woman he had a crush on was easy, but having to explain it to the male members of Running Man was tough. Though there's no shooting for the variety show on that day, Kwang Soo was called by his hyungs for a quick meeting as they believed that he owed them the truth. Each of the men were super curious on the actual status of KwangMong's relationship, so they just had to interrogate the Girin who was the easier target for everyone.

 

"Did you guys really smooching in public? I mean.. outside of the movie?" Haha seek for clarification. Before Kwang Soo could answer, Jong Kook added another question, "Was that the first time or have you two done it behind our back?". As usual the Girin denied everything, until they threatened to give him a 'silent treatment' if he refuse to confess. "Aish.. hyung. It's just a kiss! Even noona is fine with that," Kwang Soo was hoping that his words are enough to satisfy the male casts and they will stop asking the same thing.

 

However, Jae Suk was slightly upset with the young man's response, "Kwang Soo aah.. haven't I told you to keep it low? You shouldn't be too obvious when you haven't confirm her own feeling towards you!"

"Jae Suk hyung, I know you won't believe me for saying this.. but Ji Hyo noona likes me as well. She likes me as a man."

"What makes you say that?" the national emcee was still having doubt.

Kwang Soo calmly replied, "I can tell from the way she kissed me."

 

Everybody burst out laughing after hearing the honest opinion from Kwang Soo. They thought it was the funniest joke told by their dongsaeng who is famously known as a 'framer'. Because of that, the serious conversation became lighter and fun. Even Haha's eyes were teary for laughing too much, "Yaa.. that was the craziest thing I've ever heard from you! Ji Hyo must be out of her mind if she really falls for your squid face!"

 

"Who are you calling squid face?! I'm the Prince of Asia! All the young girls out there are falling for me because of my good look!" Kwang Soo felt his reputation was hurt by Haha's statement.

"Yaa.. Ji Hyo is not a young girl! So she wouldn't even look at you," Jong Kook added, to which Kwang Soo replied, "Aish.. you don't know that hyung because you weren't there when she asked me to be her boyfriend. For real!"

Haha threw a challenge, "Can you prove that?"

Kwang Soo nodded with full confidence, "Geuraeyo! Just wait for the next Running Man opening. I'll show you how much we love each other!"

 

Ji Hyo was confused when her male colleagues were behaving 'awkwardly' around her that day. They had a 'strange smile' on their face whenever their eyes met, as if something was hidden behind those weird expression. Nevertheless, she decided not to worry herself about it and just prepared for the Running Man shooting.

 

"Yaa.. what a beautiful scenery out here in Jeju! This place is  really famous for honeymoon destination and for people to fall in love with someone," Jae Suk purposely locked his eyes on Kwang Soo as he was saying his speech.

Suk Jin role was to spice up the conversation, "Why are you looking at Kwang Soo like that? Are you talking about him?"

"Kwang Soo aah.. don't you have anything to say?" Jae Suk offered an opportunity for the tall actor to reveal his secret as promised.

The Girin's face was blushing, "Ye.. I have a confession to make." Kwang Soo casually moved and stood next to Ji Hyo while wrapping his right arm on her shoulder. "We've been officially dating.."

 

Pap! Suddenly the tall actor received a face slap from the Ace - leaving a red mark on his cheek. It seemed like she totally disapproved him, "Jugeullae?!". Kwang Soo's eyes were widening as he didn't expect her to be defensive towards him, "Ah wae?! I thought we have agreed on this!"

 

"Yaa! Can't you think first before you speak?!" Ji Hyo yelled at the tall actor who seemed to be confused and upset at the same time.

On the other hand, Jae Suk really enjoyed observing the argument between KwangMong, "Omo.. that was totally unexpected! Yesterday when we asked Kwang Soo.. he was very confident that you guys are already an item!"

Ji Hyo briefly responded, "That's his problem."

"Oh wae geurae?! You've asked me to think of you as my girlfriend and promised me that you would do the same! How can this be my fault?!" Kwang Soo was unhappy with Ji Hyo's reaction.

"Yaa pabo! That was only for our movie! I've never agreed to date you in Running Man or in real life."

Suk Jin was curious, "But why won't you date Kwang Soo for real?"

"Actually.. since we had that.."

Jae Suk wouldn't let Ji Hyo finished her words, "That kiss?"

She laughed shyly and nodded, "Ne. I got a lot of feedback from the fans.. most of them are from Kwang Soo's, Gary's or Monday Couple's supporters.. and they all are against the idea of me with Kwang Soo together."

"So now you gain more haters because of this squid guy?" Jae Suk quickly filled in the blank and everyone (except Kwang Soo) just laughed when they heard it.

"Whoah.. I can't believe this. So other people can decide for us when to or not to be a couple? What kind of relationship is that?!" the Girin raised his voice in disagreement while his eyes were shooting deep at Ji Hyo.

Jae Suk giggled as he responded to the tall guy's question, "Kwang Soo aah.. just accept the fact that Ji Hyo will only date you in that movie. Don't take it seriously!"

"You know what's so funny about this? Everytime a woman kisses Kwang Soo.. he always thought that she's deeply in love with him. That's why he's extremely disappointed when Ji Hyo doesn't want to date him after all that!" Haha cracked a joke.

"But I wasn't the one who asked her to be my girlfriend. She called me yeobo first!" Kwang Soo was still trying to win the argument, instead he got a knock on his head by Haha, "Aish! Stop talking nonsense cause that won't happen!"

 

After that 'shameful' opening, Ji Hyo noticed that her dongsaeng began to act cold the moment they got into the Running Man's activity. He purposely ignored her presence throughout the game, and Kwang Soo was also harsh towards her when playing game as her opponent. She knew he was really upset with the incident and thus decided to have a 'heart-to-heart' conversation with him when the shooting wrapped up.

 

"Kwang Soo aah.. gwaenchanayo?" Ji Hyo's question remained unanswered. He just focused on packing his stuff and prepared to leave. But the actress blocked his way out. "Noona.. please step aside," his voice was deep and firm as if it was an instruction for her. Ji Hyo shook her head, "Shiro! Not until you tell me how you feel."

 

A heavy sigh escaped from his mouth, "I don't have time for this! Now let me pass!"

"You are angry right now, aren't you? Kwang Soo aah.. Kwang Soo, mianhae. I didn't mean to upset you like this. I was just.. shocked when you made that statement. I only want to avoid any misunderstanding about our relationship and so I have to tell them the truth."

He gave her an intense stare, "Which part is the truth, noona? The part where you called me yeobo and pecked my lips in front of everyone or when you said that it's only for our movie? Cause honestly I'm confused with your decision and I don't like this feeling."

"Yaa! Why are you acting like this to your noona?!" Ji Hyo failed to understand her dongsaeng's words.

"You really want to know why?"

She nodded.

 

Instead of replying to her question directly, Kwang Soo just pulled the actress into his arms and cuddled her tight for a long minute. Then he whispered to her softly, "Noona.. can you feel my heartbeat? Cause that is my answer for you."