Part 11

It's All About That Kiss!

"Noh micheosso?! Do you even realized what we're talking about right now? It's M.A.R.R.I.A.G.E! Which means you and I will become husband and wife! Does that make any sense?!" Ji Hyo was having a doubt towards Kwang Soo who seemed to be unaware of the consequences. The fact that he wasn't hesitated in making such commitment was her main concern, because the Girin has never been serious about long-term relationship with a woman before. On the other hand, he has been calling her as 'his noona' and she still referred to him as 'her dongsaeng'. Hence, she wondered if it is even possible to cross the line of their seven-years friendship just within a day.

 

But to Kwang Soo, the line has no longer exist since their first kiss at the emergency exit staircase in Ryu Jin's office. He was getting serious with his feeling the moment she 'haunted' his mind every night and day - appearing in his dream with a smile that melted his heart as well as his pride. Kwang Soo has tried to convince himself that the 'crush' is only temporary, however he failed to ignore Ji Hyo's presence and now it became impossible for him not to love her more than a sister.

 

"Of course I know what marriage means. I don't simply proposed to a woman if I wasn't serious about marrying her," Kwang Soo responded without taking his eyes off the actress.

Ji Hyo was surprised by his determination yet she questioned his intention, "Yaa.. were you feeling guilty because I 'forced' you to marry me when I was drunk? That wasn't the real me, Kwang Soo aah. Maybe I was 'into' my character as Eun Ji and I recognized you as So Hoon.. which means those words I've said are not mine."

"One thing you must know, noona.. although what happened last night was merely an incident, I have been preparing myself to propose to you on your birthday which is right after we finish our movie together. That's the reason I bought that ring two days before. It's for you to wear it if you accept my proposal.. which you already did."

 

Ji Hyo lost her words. Never she thought that her own dongsaeng would be that serious about having a relationship with her beyond friends. The look on his face and the tone of his voice when he spoke of his intention to marry her were totally different from the usual Kwang Soo. Nevertheless, everything was too perfect for Ji Hyo to believe that it really happened - especially when she herself was unsure of her own feeling towards the tall actor.

 

With so many questions still lingering in her mind, the Ace heaved a sigh, "I'm going to ask you again, Kwang Soo aah. Are you sure you want to marry me.. your own noona?"

He nodded without a doubt and smiled.

"Are you very sure you won't regret it?" she wanted to reconfirmed his decision, to which Kwang Soo replied confidently when he said, "Never. As long as we both shall live."

The Ace paused for a second to think. Suddenly she became suspicious and gave him a deep stare, "You're not going to betray me later on.. are you?"

Kwang Soo chuckled, "Whoah.. you sounded so much like Kim Jong Kook when you said it."

"That's because I can't trust you at all.. especially when beautiful female guests coming to Running Man and the fact that they have their eyes on you because of your rising fame."

"Aigoo.. are you jealous? Seems like you really love me, noona.. although you refused to admit. Omo.. you're blushing right now!"

agape as she tried to deny it, "Yaa.. I still have my conscience when it comes to choosing my husband! Don't be too confident that I will accept your proposal just because I'm wearing this ring."

"Arasso.. arasso. As long as you have it on your finger, I'll take it as a 'good sign'. We still have few months to go before we are done with our movie. For now, can I assume that we have.. engaged?"

 

She burst out laughing. It sounded 'silly' just hearing that 'e' word from Kwang Soo, and even funnier to imagine the day she has to address him as 'her husband'. When that time comes, Ji Hyo had no choice but to treat him well and be more gentle to the young man. Slapping his head or swearing at the Girin will no longer be appropriate, instead she must learn to respect Kwang Soo as the man who will grow old with her in the long future.

 

"Why are you laughing?" he asked, not sure if Ji Hyo doesn't agree with his assumption about their current status.

She smiled sheepishly, "I wonder what the oppas will say about this." Then Ji Hyo remembered something, "Omo! I've told them that I am not interested in you and everybody know that I don't date an actor. Eotteoke?!"

After thinking hard, Kwang Soo came up with an idea, "I know! Why not one of us change our birth name later so no one will find out the truth when we register our marriage. What do you say?"

"Whoah.. that wasn't a bad suggestion Kwang Soo aah! Let me do it since I don't want people to know about my personal life."

He agreed, "Great! Then later I can tweet a status to announce that I'm married to a woman whose name is not famously known."

Ji Hyo whacked Kwang Soo's shoulder, "Yaa! Stop trying to be like Gary! I will not forgive you if you do that."

 

Two days later, the KwangMong couple began to make the necessary preparation for their 'big day'. Ji Hyo has successfully changed her birth name to Cheon Soo Yeon, which was inspired from her character in a drama "My Wife Is Having An Affair". Kwang Soo on the other hand went around to search for the best 'secret wedding location' and talk to an expert who will help them on registering their marriage. All are done except the hardest part - revealing their relationship to their loved ones and Running Man family.

 

"Let's agree not to say anything more for now, arasso?" she made him promised when they met again for Running Man new episode.

He nodded, "But what if I accidentally show my affection towards you?"

 

"Aish.. just behave yourself when the camera is rolling!" she scolded him with a low voice, afraid that it will attract people's attention to their conversation. Before Ji Hyo could walk back to the set and while no one was around, Kwang Soo grabbed her wrist and pulled her into his cuddle. He naturally wrapped his hands around her waist and made their foreheads touched. "So it's only when the camera is rolling, right? That means I can still do this if we're not filming?"

 

Being so close to him made her blushed especially when his fingers caressed her cheek affectionately. Ji Hyo shyly pushed Kwang Soo away, "You're such a naughty boyfriend! Do you want us to get caught?". "Gwaenchana. No one is with us right now. So why don't you give me a kiss?" Kwang Soo used his sweet voice as he pleaded to his woman. To be safe, Ji Hyo only smooched with the Girin for a split second. He wasn't happy about it, "Aish.. I want a proper kiss! The way you did at the staircase." He continued to threaten her when she refused, "I will hold you tight in my arms until someone sees us like this. Unless you give me a.."

 

Ji Hyo didn't wait for Kwang Soo to finish his sentence and immediately pressing her lips against his as he demanded. She did exactly like how it was done before, to which made him smiled brightly once she broke that kiss. "Can't believe I let you control me like this! Aish.. jinjja!" she pretended to be mad and left him there - still with a happy face that he could not hide from anyone.