Part 18

It's All About That Kiss!

There was no reply. Kwang Soo knew she was listening, because her sobbing was clearly heard over the phone. But her silence made him wondered if his question came too soon. Indeed he was rushing to get her back, as there is a high chance for her to change heart even before her memory can be fully restored. Should that happens, his only dream of marrying the one woman he loves will shatter into pieces, and their love story will reach to an early ending.

 

Regardless of all that he wouldn't want to lose her. Kwang Soo has never been so sure about his feeling till she opened his heart with a kiss. Despite knowing the actress for years, this was the first time that he fell for her charm. Not as her co-worker or dongsaeng, but as a man who wants the Ace as his future bride. Kwang Soo was more than ready to take up the title as Ji Hyo's husband, despite he is much younger than the actress.

 

Unfortunately, the accident has took away his happiness. As of now, their relationship was merely 'his own imagination'. Ji Hyo doesn't acknowledge him as her fiance, and she no longer wearing the ring that he gave to her for their engagement. With no one knows about their status, it became impossible for Kwang Soo to prove their status as an engaged couple although Jae Suk was very much aware of his feeling towards Ji Hyo.

 

"I know it is quite abrupt for me to ask you this. Gwaenchana. You don't have to answer immediately.. but promise me that you will think of it," Kwang Soo decided to give space for Ji Hyo to consider his proposal. She responded with a sigh. The Ace is torn between the choices that she has. Their conversation became much complicated when emotion was involved, especially with the argument they got into the day before.

 

Ji Hyo finally spoke up to Kwang Soo after a minute of silence, "Honestly.. I'm not sure if it's a blessing for me to know all these. We've been together for years Kwang Soo aah.. and never once had we talked about relationship beyond friends. Or maybe we have.. I don't know, perhaps I might.. forgot how things have changed between us recently. So if I couldn't.. be the same person who 'sees' you.. I hope you will still be my dongsaeng and able to forgive me."

He forced a laugh, "Strange. It sounds like you're already saying 'no' to me."

"Ah ni. I just don't want you to have such a high hope when I couldn't promise you anything, Kwang Soo aah. The thing is.. I need time to recover my memory and if what you've said is true, then I am more than happy to be yours.. forever."

"You mean it?"

"Ne. I do," she answered briefly.

Kwang Soo's hope was back, "So all I need is to help you remember?"

"I guess."

An idea suddenly popped up in his mind, "Then stay with me for a while, noona. Let me take care of you till you feel better.. and if by then you're not convinced, I promise I will not force you into this."

"Yaa.. my parents will 'kill me' if I said that I'll be staying at a man's place!" she took it as a joke and just laughed.

However, that didn't stop Kwang Soo from trying to persuade the actress, "Don't worry about your parents, noona. I'll talk to them if I have to. But first you must agree to stay at my place if I get the permission from your family."

Ji Hyo assumed that it was an impossible mission for Kwang Soo when she playfully agreed, "Geurae. You have my words. Good luck with talking to my parents.. I hope you won't regret!"

 

That evening, the Girin came to meet Ji Hyo's parents and brought over his personal doctor to check up on the actress post-accident injury. While the doctor performing his job, Kwang Soo had a chat with the Cheons in the living room. There, he opened up about his idea that he had discussed with the Ace through the phone.

 

"Mworago?" Ji Hyo's father was surprised to hear the suggestion from the tall actor. As parents, they have concerns to let their daughter living together with an unmarried man, although the guy is familiar with the family. Not only they were worried about the perceptions of others, but also they were afraid should anything happens to Ji Hyo - and no one is around to 'protect' their beautiful child.

 

Even though the Cheons were hesitated, Kwang Soo refused to give up. He knew it wasn't easy to earn trust from Ji Hyo's parents, so the Girin has prepared all he needed to convince the Cheons, "Please allow me to take care of your daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Cheon. Here.. I've duplicated my house keys in case you want to visit my place at anytime. You can also call my personal number if you couldn't reach Ji Hyo through her phone. I will keep you informed if I need to bring her elsewhere."

 

"But why are you doing all these for Seong-Im? Are you trying to prove something?" Mr. Cheon was curious with the effort that Kwang Soo has made.

The tall actor confidently answered, "I want to show that you can trust me with your daughter, Mr. Cheon. She will be safe at my place.. and my only intention is to take good care of her till she's fully recovered."

From his explanation, Mrs. Cheon was able to read the Girin's mind, "Kwang Soo aah.. do you like Seong-Im that much?"

The Girin lowered his head and shyly nodded.

Mrs. Cheon smiled, "Does she know?"

Again, Kwang Soo responded with a nod.

"But she didn't say anything to us. Did she yeobo?" Ji Hyo's mother turned to her husband who slowly began to understand the whole situation.

The old man let out a small laugh, "Whoah.. young people nowadays are so complicated! Anyway.. thank you for being honest with us, Kwang Soo. Yeobo, I guess we'll be a bad parent if we say 'no' to our 'future son-in-law'.. won't we?"

 

All of them shared a good laugh. While waiting for the doctor to finish his job, Ji Hyo's parents were excitedly sharing some useful tips that will help Kwang Soo to better understand their daughter and giving their piece of advice to the tall actor. They constantly reminding Kwang Soo to always take good care of Ji Hyo, and asked him to be patient with her roughness as well as 'anger' problem.

 

"Wait here. I'll tell Seong-Im to pack up her belongings," Mrs. Cheon headed to her daughter's room once the doctor has came out to meet them.

The Girin was the first to prompt questions, "How is she, doctor? Does she need further treatment?"

"It seems that her external injuries are not that bad.. only minor scratches. However I strongly recommend for you to take Miss Cheon to the nearest clinic or hospital and perform full body examination. But if she refused, maybe a home-care service is something for you to consider. In the meantime, please make sure that she will take all the necessary medicine that I have prescribed."

"What about her memory lost, doctor? Is that temporary?" Kwang Soo was very concerned with Ji Hyo's condition.

The doctor replied, "That depends on the patient and her surroundings. She needs support from everyone especially those who are close to her in order to regain those memories.. so my suggestion is to take her to places that will help Miss Cheon to remember."

 

'The staircase. That's where I should start,' without a doubt, Kwang Soo had chosen the place where their love story begin.