Part 12

It's All About That Kiss!

All the Running Man members have gathered in front of the PD for the opening of its new episode. This time, the KwangMong couple decided to stand apart from each other - the Girin next to Haha, while the Ace stood beside Jong Kook. When Jae Suk questioned them for keeping a distance, Ji Hyo response was, "We're taking a break, oppa." Nevertheless, Kwang Soo knew that it was actually to 'protect' their relationship from being exposed to the other members.

 

"Each one of you must contact a friend of yours and get them to join you as your partner today. You have 10 minutes to recruit the person," the PD gave an instruction before the actual activity begins.

Jae Suk raised his hand, "Can we just call anyone or is there a rule for partner selection?"

 

"Your friend must be a celebrity of the opposite gender and is still active in the industry. Good luck!" the PD's explanation was well understood by everyone and they began to explore their contact list. Strangely, Ji Hyo received a phone call instead of making one. The caller ID made her burst out laughing as she showed it to the camera, "Yaa.. I got a phone call from Kwang Soo!". The Girin smiled sheepishly as the rest of the members were teasing him for choosing Ji Hyo. He defended his decision by saying, "Why not? Ji Hyo is a famous friend of mine and she's a woman!"

 

Of course the PD wouldn't allow it and the tall actor pretended to be upset when everyone else was against him. Then Haha added more spice to their conversation by asking Ji Hyo which 'guy friend' will she be calling. Without a doubt, the actress picked her best friend - Lee Dong Wook to be her partner. This time, Kwang Soo could no longer hide his jealousy and spilled out his disappointment, "Why does it always have to be him? Is there anything going on between you two?"

 

Ignoring his disapproval, Ji Hyo just dialled Dong Wook's number and waited for her famous friend to answer because she knew he wouldn't let her down. True enough, the actor picked up her call almost instantly and happily agreed to come and join Running Man on that day. As a revenge, Kwang Soo recruited Uee to be his teammate, and he vowed to make Ji Hyo envy of the pretty young actress by pretending to have a crush on his partner.

 

Thirty minutes later, Dong Wook arrived at the location and was greeted by Ji Hyo with a cheerful hug and a big smile on her face. Kwang Soo tried to do the same with Uee, but he was 'rejected' by his own partner who was not comfortable with his overreaction. The other members just laughed at the poor Girin and began to compare him with Ji Hyo's handsome partner who really knows how to take good care of the Ace. That alone has hurt Kwang Soo's pride and he accidentally announced to everyone, "Dong Wook is just a friend.. but I am Ji Hyo's life partner."

 

Despite telling the truth, no one believes him and assumed he was merely jealous of the good-looking Dong Wook. Ji Hyo felt relieved that their 'secret' is still safe, but she wasn't happy when Kwang Soo almost ruined everything just to prove that they belong together. Because of that, the Ace gave a 'silent treatment' to Kwang Soo for his carelessness and irresponsible behaviour. She wanted him to learn a lesson so he wouldn't jeopardize their relationship again in the near future.

 

When the PD announced for 30 minutes break, the Ace quickly dragged her teammate away from Kwang Soo who was busy 'flirting' with Uee. She knew he did it on purpose, but she wasn't so upset as Dong Wook would always be there for her.

 

"How's your movie going? Almost done?" Dong Wook began a friendly conversation with the Ace during the lunch break. Since they hardly catched up with each other due to their busy work schedule, the two decided to sit slightly farther from the other teams in order to have their own private moment as friends. The actress replied while taking a piece of grilled meat and shoved it into , "I think it went well so far, but we still need to shoot for a couple months more. So most probably we'll finish it in July."

 

Dong Wook nodded, "So how does it feel working with your dongsaeng as your movie partner? I heard there's a lot of romance between you two."

"Actually Kwang Soo is not so bad. Well it was awkward at first, but after few shots we kind of complement each other's character. To tell you the truth.. we became much closer since we're doing that movie together. The feeling is totally different than filming for Running Man."

"Seems like you're really satisfied with your partner. Was he better than me?" Dong Wook smirked while slurping his spicy ramyeon.

"Aish.. Dong Wook aah. How can you compare yourself to Kwang Soo? You guys are of different level."

"Meaning?" the actor became curious that he decided to put down his chopsticks and gave full attention to the woman sitting in front of him.

"Meaning that both of you are special to me.. but in different ways."

Then he moved on to the next question, "So which one of us is your boyfriend material?"

 

She just laughed and refused to respond to Dong Wook's query. As much as he wanted to hear the answer, it's not in his nature to force the lady into speaking things that she wasn't comfortable with. Nevertheless, Dong Wook couldn't help from noticing the 'bling' that Ji Hyo was wearing. "I've never seen that ring before. Did you bought it somewhere?"

 

"Oh this? It's a gift from someone. My early birthday present," she was smiling while admiring the ring on her finger.

Dong Wook immediately concluded, "More like a wedding ring to me. Am I right? I mean.. who would give a diamond ring for birthday unless it's for a proposal?"

"If you said so," Ji Hyo just playfully replied without giving a certain answer to him.

"That means if I give you a more expensive and exquisite diamond ring right now.. you will take it as a marriage proposal from me to you?"

She laughed, "Like it's going to happen! Anyway.. let's talk about something else. Oh yes! When is your next movie project?"

 

From afar, a pair of jealous eyes were shooting straight at Dong Wook and Ji Hyo. Kwang Soo was dying to listen to the conversation between the actress and her partner, yet he had to constrain himself from becoming an 'overprotective' fiance to Ji Hyo. He already made her upset when he almost let their secret out on camera, hence showing off his jealousy towards Dong Wook would only worsen their situation.

 

"Oppa! What are you looking at?" Uee was also staring at the same direction as Kwang Soo. Then she saw something, "Aah.. so you're spying on Dong Wook oppa and Ji Hyo unnie? Those two should have dated, don't you agree?"

"They're just good friends. I don't think she likes him that much."

"How do you know?"

Kwang Soo finally shifted his eyes to Uee, "There were so many chances for them to be together like beyond friends. Why haven't they do anything till now?"

"Perhaps the time is not right?" Uee made a random guess.

However Kwang Soo disagreed and focused back his attention to his lady and her male best friend, "I don't think so. It only took a split second to have a 'crush' on someone. And if the feeling lasted for several more days.. that means you have fallen in love with that same person. Whoever that is."