Part 16

It's All About That Kiss!

The door bell rang at 11:30pm - right when the owner of the house was about to sleep. "Lee Kwang Soo? What are you doing here?" Mrs. Cheon was surprised to receive a sudden visit from the tall actor in the middle of the night. Although that man is a familiar face to the family, but that was the first time he came to their place without informing upfront. Nevertheless, Mrs. Cheon knew the reason for him to be there. It has something to do with her daughter.

 

Kwang Soo greeted Ji Hyo's mother while his eyes actively scanning the house for Ji Hyo's presence. Then he asked with a worried face, "How is she? May I see her for a while?". Once getting permission from Ji Hyo's parents, Kwang Soo rushed towards the Ace's room at the top floor. There, he found her sleeping on her bed - with a clear bruise on her forehead and few scratches on her skin. But most importantly to him, she is still breathing.

 

The Girin carefully sat by her side on the same bed. Kwang Soo wanted to hold Ji Hyo's hand, but afraid that she might woke up because of that. In the end, he just stared at the actress for a long time without doing anything. Conversation only happened inside of him as he kept his eyes on her, 'Mianhaeyo. I know it's my fault that you got hurt tonight. I'm the one who's supposed to be suffering yeobo.. not you. Jaebal.. don't scare me like this!'

 

A moment later, Mr. Cheon walked in and asked Kwang Soo to meet him at the living room. Once seated, Ji Hyo's father began by thanking the Girin for visiting his daughter. He also questioned the reason for Kwang Soo to take the trouble when he could just come the next day. "Actually.. I'm partly responsible for what happened to noona. We.. we had a fight before that.. and she left in a hurry," Kwang Soo lowered his head as he expressed his regret.

 

Mr. Cheon nodded, "Seong-Im has yet to say anything to us. She also refused to go to the hospital. She said it will attract people's attention.. and they will start jumping into conclusion which is not good for her career and reputation. It's not fair either to put the blame on you when we don't even know the real story or what caused the incident. So don't be too hard on yourself, arachi?"

"Mr. Cheon.. Mrs. Cheon. If you don't mind, may I look after your daughter tonight?"

Though it's a sincere offer from the tall actor, Ji Hyo's mother was reluctant to burden her daughter's friend, "Gwaenchana. You must be tired too. We will keep an eye on her if anything. Go home and have a rest, Kwang Soo."

 

But the Girin insisted to stay, and finally the Cheon couple had to allow him to watch over their daughter for a night. Kwang Soo returned to Ji Hyo's room after her parents went to sleep. He gently tidied her blanket so she could rest comfortably, then quietly sat by her side. As his eyes felt heavier, Kwang Soo decided to give Ji Hyo a 'goodnight kiss' before he fall asleep. Just when his face was inches away from her, the Ace opened her eyes and was shocked to see him in such a close distance.

 

"Yaa! What were you doing in my room?! Did you try to kiss me?!" she seemed to be furious by his presence.

Kwang Soo was a bit panic and tried to explain himself, "I already got permission to look after you, yeobo. Jinjja!"

"Yeobo? Noh micheosso?! I'm your noona!"

That's when Kwang Soo realized, "Omo.. where's your ring? Did you lost it?"

"What ring? I'm not wearing any ring!"

"Aish.. the one I gave to you before!" he paused, then lowered his voice, "For our engagement."

Ji Hyo laughed, "Mwo? Engagement? Yaa.. are you drunk? When did we got engaged? And why would I accept your proposal in the first place?"

Kwang Soo was confused by her response, "Jeongmal. Are you still mad at me?"

"Ne! I'm very angry with you for coming into my room and trying to kiss me when I was sleeping. What were you thinking?!"

"Was it wrong for me to show affection to my own fiancee?!"

Ji Hyo kept denying, "Yaa! How can I be your fiancee when we're not engage?!"

"Yaa Song Ji Hyo! Did you hit your head so hard that you've forgotten everything? Or did you said that on purpose just to push me away?"

She became annoyed, "Aish.. I just got into accident and now you're giving me a headache!"

 

As he wasn't happy with her response and assumed that Ji Hyo pretended to be clueless, Kwang Soo took a drastic action. He cupped her face with both hands, then pecked her lips without hesitation. The actress who was shocked by the sudden kiss - slapped Kwang Soo right on his face. "Yaa! What is wrong with you?! Are you a ert?! Get out from my room right now!"

 

Ji Hyo threw all her pillows at the Girin im anger, so he had no choice but to retreat and walked out from her bedroom. Her screaming has attracted the Cheon couple, and they were curious when Ji Hyo seemed to be extremely furious at Kwang Soo. The tall actor immediately apologized to the family, then decided to leave the place as he felt unwanted and hurt by Ji Hyo's reaction.

 

'When did we got engaged? And why would I accept your proposal in the first place? How can I be your fiancee when we're not engage?!' all her questions began to replay loudly in his mind, and they made him confused even more than before. He wanted to believe that Ji Hyo was getting her revenge on him for his one-time sleepover at So Min's house, but there's another possibility that could explain her situation.

 

The moment he arrived home, the first thing he did was searching for name-card of a person who could help in providing the answer to his question. Once he found it, Kwang Soo immediately dialled the number. Fortunately the person picked up his call. "Yoboseyo. Sorry for disturbing you at this hour, doctor. I have an emergency and I need your help. My friend got into an accident earlier.. but she doesn't want to be treated at the hospital for some reasons," Kwang Soo explained in one-shot.

 

"How bad was her injury?" the doctor asked.

"There are minor scratches.. but I think she got knocked on her head and it look bad. Also, she.. she kind of.. forgetting things that recently happened. Is that normal for an accident victim?"

The doctor offered his general opinion, "I can't provide you with the exact answer without proper check-up, but in most cases of head trauma.. there is a possibility of the patient experiencing memory lost be it temporary or permanent.. depending on the injury. I would strongly recommend your friend to see a doctor in case of any internal bleeding. Don't wait till it got worse."

"Arasso. But doctor, why can't she remember certain things.. although it's a very important moment in her life?"

"Perhaps before the accident, her mind was already set to 'forget' things that could be unpleasant.. or made her sad and disappointed. These 'unwanted memories' are the easiest ones to be deleted, because the mind has received an early signal. That's just a theory. I can't be sure of it until I do a proper analysis on your friend's condition."

 

Before ended the call, Kwang Soo requested for the doctor to help him do a proper check-up for Ji Hyo - but not revealing her identity over the phone. He knew that he should be asking her opinion first, however judging from the earlier situation the actress might not agree with his suggestion. Kwang Soo vowed to help Ji Hyo 'remember' how things have changed between them, and he had to do it fast or there will not be a wedding. He was desperate to get her back - whatever it takes.