Part 13

It's All About That Kiss!

The Running Man shoot ended with Kwang Soo and Uee winning after the Girin has successfully 'betrayed' the last two teams. As usual, the members didn't acknowledge his success and instead - praising Uee as the 'lucky' partner for Kwang Soo. "You need to be with the right person to have such chemistry like we do," the tall actor proudly said while referring to the young actress who stood next to him. Then together with Jae Suk, they shouted their famous tagline, "U.. EE.. bogoshipda!"

 

Nevertheless, Ji Hyo knew that his 'sarcasm' was intended for her and Dong Wook. Kwang Soo has been openly showing that he disapproved her closeness to her male friend, yet she couldn't take it as a reason to break the bond with the good-looking actor. Ji Hyo felt it was childish to simply let jealousy of her fiance limiting her connection to any other men, especially when her job as an actress does required interactions with the opposite gender.

 

"Let's have dinner after this," Dong Wook suggested to his partner when they were ready to leave.

Kwang Soo who overheard the conversation immediately chipped in, "Ji Hyo and I are going somewhere. She can't join you."

"Yaa.. when did I.."

Before Ji Hyo could finish, Kwang Soo added, "I'm taking her to meet my parents for dinner. So we'll be very busy tonight."

The Ace gave Kwang Soo a confused stare, "We are?"

"Meeting your parents? Waeyo?" Dong Wook was also clueless, but after a while he made a conclusion, "Aah.. so it's you who gave her that ring? You must be really serious about it." Dong Wook shifted his eyes to Ji Hyo and smiled, "I'm happy for you. Congratulations."

 

Dong Wook excused himself after exchanging hug with the actress as a goodbye. Ji Hyo wasn't sure if her buddy really supported her relationship with Kwang Soo, but the Ace refused to think otherwise. After all, they are just friends of same age. Frankly she used to have a crush on Dong Wook in the early years, but over time Ji Hyo felt more comfortable with the way they are today. Though fans still ship them as a couple, the two never took it seriously and care less about the perception from others with regard to their long-term bond.

 

Despite it was so out of the blue, the Ace just followed the Girin to his car - assuming that they're really going to meet with Kwang Soo's parents. As she was still upset with him, Ji Hyo didn't allow the tall guy to help her with the seatbelt. She even looked away when he tried to sweet talk with her, "Yeobo.. mianhaeyo. I couldn't help from wanting to 'protect' you from the other man. It happens naturally when I saw you with that hyung.. and from his smile I know that he has a feeling towards you."

 

"Are we really going to meet your parents tonight?" Ji Hyo changed the topic as she wasn't comfortable to discuss about her connection to Dong Wook. When Kwang Soo didn't say a word to confirm the plan, she knew it was just a reason that he made up as an excuse to send Dong Wook away. Ji Hyo also convinced that the Lee's family might not even know about the meeting in the first place, so she asked Kwang Soo to turn the car around and head back to the shooting location.

 

But the stubborn Kwang Soo just ignored her request, "Let's have dinner before that. I'm hungry."

"Just ask Uee to join you for dinner. I'm tired and I really want to go home."

He giggled, "Omo.. my pretty noona is sulking! So cute."

"Yaa! Are you mocking me?!"

"Ahni.. ahni. Actually I'm happy when you're jealous of Uee. It shows how your really feel and I want to thank you for that."

She scoffed and crossed her arms against her chest, "Oh geurae! I'm jealous. Happy now?"

 

Their argument ended with a good laugh. The newly engaged couple has finally acknowledged each other's feeling, and they vowed to give their very best in the relationship. KwangMong also planned for a real gathering between the Lee's and the Cheon's family, which will be crucial for their wedding soon. At Ji Hyo's request, it was agreed that the ceremony will be held in a small scale - to which is limited to their loved ones and Running Man members.

 

"When do you think we should break the news?" Kwang Soo asked while he was still driving.

Ji Hyo took few seconds to answer, "The sooner the better, but let's tell them separately.. person by person."

"Arasso. Actually.. the first one we should tell is Jae Suk hyung. He already aware of how I feel towards you and he's the one who encouraged me to confess my love. Otherwise.. I might still be your secret admirer and you won't even noticed me more than your dongsaeng."

She laughed, "Yaa! Just because people called me Mongji.. doesn't mean that I am clueless! I know you have fallen for me the day I kissed you at the stairs.. am I right?"

Kwang Soo was impressed, "So you know? Why didn't you said something? That will save me from all those embarrassing moments in Running Man!"

"I just want to see how far will you go to woo me! Seems like you're having a hard time to win my heart," she was laughing out loud when Kwang Soo stared at her with a 'how-could-you-do-that?' face.

The Girin became defensive, "It wouldn't be so hard if you hadn't pretended to be mong! Whoah.. you're such a cunning person, yeobo. Luckily I am in love with you.. or else.."

"Or what?"

"I would have proposed to Uee instead and you will not have such a charming prince as your fiance."

"Aah.. jinjja? Then I should just date my Dong Wook."

"Your Dong Wook? Why is he your Dong Wook?! I never called Uee as 'my Uee'. That's how friends should be. No string attached!" Kwang Soo strongly protested.

"Ne.. my Kwang Soo. Don't worry so much, arasso?"

 

Kwang Soo smiled. He took her hand and kissed it, then intertwined their fingers together while he controlled the wheels with the other hand. At that moment, he felt as if the world has blessed their relationship with endless happiness, and she was convinced that he's the right man for her to give her heart to. Despite the age difference and the silly arguments, KwangMong couple didn't regret their decision to share their future together. They were ready to move into the next phase of their lives and unite the family of Lees and Cheons through marriage. It was their ultimate dream as a mere human regardless of their status as global celebrities.

 

"I've never said this before and I feel guilty for delaying it. So here it is. Saranghaeyo.. my pretty fiancee, Cheon Soo Yeon," Kwang Soo uttered those words once he has parked the car. The Girin shot a deep stare into Ji Hyo's eyes, then slowly moving closer to steal a kiss from the woman he loved. They locked their lips together for a long minute, and repeated the kiss with a happy smile on their face. "I'm also guilty for taking such a long time to 'see' you, yeobo. Will you forgive me for my ignorance?" she asked, to which he replied, "It's better late than never, my sweetheart.. cause you're everything that I'll ever need."