Part 17

It's All About That Kiss!

A day after the accident, Ji Hyo received a visit from Jae Suk who was the first to know about her mishap. The national emcee brought over a fruit basket as a gift, as he knew that Ji Hyo is not into flowers. He was happy to see her in a better condition and able to welcome him with a smile. "I guess luck is still on my side, oppa. But not my car. I totally wrecked it! I guess I need to buy a new one after this. Aish.. life is so difficult when you don't have a vehicle of your own," she giggled as they talked about the incident.

 

"So what really happened yesterday? Did you fall asleep while driving?" Jae Suk was getting more curious after listening to Ji Hyo's terrifying experience.

She took a while to recall her memory, "I think I got distracted oppa. But I don't remember why and what was bothering my mind before that. Aish.. my head hurts everytime I think about it."

"Then no need to force yourself to remember, Ji Hyo aah. Take your time and focus on getting well. By the way.. can I ask you something?"

"Sure oppa."

"Why wouldn't you allow Kwang Soo to come along with me to visit you today? Did you two had a fight?"

A heavy sigh escaped from , "Actually.. he was here last night. In my room.. when I was sleeping. Kwang Soo 'did something' which to me.. is disrespectful."

"Omo.. waeyo? What did he do? What do mean by disrespectful?" Jae Suk was extremely worried about his dongsaeng.

The Ace was slightly hesitated to explain, "He.. he suddenly.. kissed me. Kwang Soo.. he was so different, oppa. For the first time.. he scares me more than zombies."

"Scares you?"

She nodded, "Ne. Earlier he called me 'yeobo'. Then when I scolded him for trying to kiss me when I was asleep.. he said he was just showing some affection to me as his fiancee. Can you believe that?"

Jae Suk laughed. Ji Hyo was upset with his reaction, "Ah wae geurae?!"

"Ah ni. I can understand what Kwang Soo was trying to do. I'm not sure if you know this Ji Hyo aah.. but that guy has been eyeing on you for the past few weeks. He must be really serious about his feeling this time. That makes me wonder.. what have you done to our Girin?"

"Yaa! This is not a joke oppa! I'm really scared right now! He wasn't the same innocent Kwang Soo anymore. The way he behaved is creeping me out!"

"Ara.. ara. Let me talk to him. I'm sure he doesn't mean to scare you or anything. Maybe he was just.. overly concerned towards someone he likes. In the meantime, just be natural to Kwang Soo. You still need to see him for our show and your movie together."

 

"Our movie?" she asked. Assuming that Ji Hyo needed an explanation, Jae Suk spoke about all the happenings in her life that she might have forgotten. The national emcee also revealed his private conversation with Kwang Soo when the Girin confessed about having a crush on the actress. He did his best to 'sell' the good quality of Kwang Soo to Ji Hyo, but she seemed to be uncomfortable when she told Jae Suk to be silent on it.

 

Before leaving her place, the national emcee gave his last piece of advice, "Open your heart and you will understand why Kwang Soo.. out of many women, had chosen to be with you. He may not be perfect, but a guy like him is the one who will take good care of you when you need him. I know it sounds weird for me to say this.. but don't waste your chance to be happy with him, arachi?"

 

She nodded. When Jae Suk was gone, Ji Hyo returned to her bed - thinking about the words that were said to her. Suddenly the Ace felt guilty for chasing away the Girin. Without she realized, her hand was already reaching out for her handphone and she began dialling his number. As if he has been waiting for her call, Kwang Soo immediately answered after the first beep. "Yoboseyo. Noona.. is that really you?" there was a little excitement in his voice, yet he was still doubtful that the actress will look for him after she had chased him out last night.

 

Though she's the one who made the phone call, Ji Hyo found herself frozen and couldn't utter anything. She scolded herself for not planning their conversation well, and now they ended up in an awkward silence. As there was no reply from the other end, Kwang Soo assumed that Ji Hyo had accidentally dialled his number, "I'm glad that you reach to me through this phone call.. although you don't want to talk to me right now."

 

"Are you.. doing well?" she could only think of a lame question to start a conversation, yet it was enough to make him happy.

"I was down before.. but hearing your voice makes me feel so much better. What about you? How's your head?"

"Still hurt. I think I might be having temporary amnesia. Jae Suk came earlier and said something about our movie. But.. I don't remember much of the details, which is why I'm calling you."

"Don't worry about work, noona. You need to rest. You haven't got a proper check up.. so if you don't mind, my personal doctor will come to see you this evening just to make sure you're okay."

"Yaa.. why do you need to involve your personal doctor? I will seek treatment on my own if I have to," Ji Hyo refused to accept Kwang Soo's kind intent.

"You will? I know you well, noona. One thing you have in common with Jong Kook hyung.. is you guys think you're invincible. What if there's an internal injury that requires urgent treatment? Are you going to risk your life?"

"Aish.. I didn't call just to hear you babbling."

"I said it because I care.. and I'm worried about you. I can't lose you, noona."

For a moment she was in silence. Then Ji Hyo responded, "Gomabta.. Kwang Soo aah. I'm sorry for being harsh to you yesterday. I didn't mean to slap you or scream at your face."

"I was wrong too, noona. I didn't ask for your permission before I.. kiss you. You have the right to be angry. Mianhae."

"Kwang Soo aah.. can you be honest with me?" her heart began to beat faster as she prepared to ask the question that was lingering in her mind.

The Girin was nervous as well, "Geurae. You can ask me anything."

She inhaled deeply, "Do you.." at first she wanted to use the word 'love', but due to awkwardness she changed it to ".. like me?"

"Ne. I like you. I like you as a sister. I like you as a friend.. and I like you.. as a woman," Kwang Soo was hoping that Ji Hyo would be able to understand his indirect confession.

She cleared and tried to remain calm, "That's good to hear.. cause I don't want us to hate each other in the future. You know.. sometimes I can be harsh on you and said things that I'm not supposed to, but that's because you make me feel comfortable to be myself. You never judge me, Kwang Soo aah. Gomawo."

"Noona.." he heard her sobbing through the phone, so he wasn't sure if it was the right time to ask, "Can I be your man?"