Breaking Ground

A Game of Chaos

                KangIn groaned as he woke, his head throbbing and the sound of birds chirping only serving to irritate him more. He sat up slowly, cradling his head and cursing under his breath; he’d never even had a hangover this bad before. Slowly he blinked, looking up and squinting his eyes to try and limit the amount of light he was subjected to; he didn’t recognize his surroundings. Unlike most of the others he was in what looked like a Savannah, like the African plains; he could see very little over the horizon due to the blistering sun. He began to feel sticky as his skin coated itself with sweat; trying to protect him from the heat. He pressed his palm to the heated ground beside him and pushed himself up to his feet; wobbling slightly as he tried to stand up straight. The pounding in his skull continued; beating out in random intervals. He groaned and muttered under his breath, cursing everything in existence as he stumbled forward. A jolt of searing pain raced down his spinal column, originating in his head, sending him lurching; a hand grabbed his arm, stabilizing him before he hit the ground. KangIn looked up, eyes still squinting; a shadowed face looked down at him in understanding. The man pulled him up straight, holding KangIn up and bracing him against his own body for support; he led him out of the heat of the sun, into plush greenery.
 

KangIn grumbled his thanks and allowed himself to be led away from the heat; he continued to try and gather his thoughts. The man put his hyung down in the shade of a large, willow-like tree; leaning him up against the roots. KangIn looked up at the man, now able to see clearly and saw SiWon’s handsome face staring at him in worry. KangIn snorted.


“I’m fine, don’t worry about it.” KangIn said gruffly.

“You nearly passed out hyung, hell, you DID pass out earlier.” SiWon replied in concern; he knelt down in front of the older man.

“You said hell.” KangIn said, chuckling lightly as he did.

SiWon rolled his eyes and resisted the urge to playfully punch the other man.

“C’mon hyung, be serious here.” SiWon sighed.

“I am being serious!” KangIn snapped in return before wincing in pain. “Aish… this hurts.”

Around KangIn the ground began to move, chunks of earth detaching themselves from the ground and floating in mid-air. SiWon took a step back as he watched in shocked awe as vines from the tree began to move as well; they descended from the tree and moved around KangIn’s body. KangIn looked up at SiWon with an eyebrow raised, a questioning look on his face; SiWon opened his mouth, trying to find the words to explain what he was seeing.

“H-hyung?” He spoke nervously, lifting a finger to point to one of the larger vines.

“What the hell are you—“ KangIn started.

The man turned his head to see the vine moving, the plant turning so it faced him and slithered closer; KangIn yelped and jumped to his feet. He scrambled out of the way, the vines and earth returning to their natural state; the chunks of earth hitting the ground and the vines falling limply. KangIn looked over at SiWon in horror.

“What in the actual was that?” KangIn asked.

SiWon shook his head; he had no idea. A pregnant pause hung over them, the two looking at each other; both hesitating to speak.

“Maybe it was you?” SiWon suggested.

“Me? I can’t do that!” KangIn replied.

“But Loki said we’d been turned into players so maybe…”

“Bull. He was bluffing!”

The ground rumbled underneath them as KangIn’s temper began to flare; SiWon raised a Shibrow at KangIn.

“You still think he was bluffing?”

“Coincidence.” KangIn rebuked.

SiWon sighed and looked down; the grass around KangIn’s feet had begun to grow rapidly. He stared at it in amusement as roots began to slide out of the ground; rocks lifting off of the ground.

“Hyung, look down.” SiWon said.

KangIn did as instructed and jumped backwards with an exclamation of “Jesus!”, much
to SiWon’s displeasure; the older man stared at the roots in shock as they continued to move.

“Do you believe it now?” SiWon asked.

KangIn huffed and glared at the moving plants and earth; the roots stopped moving and the rocks fell to the ground.

“Plants? Really? ing plants? I couldn’t have gotten anything cool?!” KangIn yelled.

SiWon laughed wholeheartedly as KangIn launched into a rant about his “ability” being girly.

“It’s not just plants hyung, the earth too. Did you not see the rocks and ground moving?” SiWon pointed out.

“Still! ing plants…”

SiWon continued to laugh at the older man’s rant, both failing to notice the creatures slowly surrounding them. Each creature had eight long legs, thousands of eyes watching the two men carefully; pincers clicking lightly. They crept forward, silently encroaching on the pair. KangIn stopped ranted, sensing that something was amiss; he smacked SiWon in the arm, causing the other to stop laughing.

“Do you feel that?” KangIn asked.

“Feel what?” SiWon replied.

“Something doesn’t feel right.”

“Is something supposed to feel right about this whole situation? We got stuck in this game with
Loki.” SiWon responded.

“Not like that pabo! Something feels wrong…”

The creatures crept closer.

“How can you tell?” SiWon asked.

“I feel it in my gut.” As KangIn spoke those words one of the creatures lept out from the shadows; tackling SiWon.

Before either man could react the rest of them pounced as well, swarming onto the two men. Both screamed in pain and fear as they became lost in the tangle of long limbs, pincers and the sound of Loki’s laughter ringing out overhead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So that’s the chapter! And now we know what in the hell is happening to KangIn and SiWonnie! Yeah...it’s not good.... *shivers* I hate spiders... ewwie....well, I guess these are technically not SPIDERS perse since they’ve got some...modifications, but still! Anyway, how’d you guys like the chapter? I hope it was decent! Thanks so much for your support guys and show Dobu some love for uploading these for your reading pleasure! I may or may not have another chapter after this....again it depends on whether or not I can write like the wind haha! Love you guys so much and I miss your lovely faces! I’ll be back soon! I promise!
~Key

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately, this is the last chapter Key managed to write before she had to leave :(
But please, still leave comments on how much you enjoyed this chapter! It means so much to Key ^ ^

Actually, I’d like to take this time to thank each and every single one of you readers (silent or not) for sticking with GofC. My dongsaengie has worked incredibly hard to update as often as she does, and she cares so much about this story and everyone who reads it.
Thank you for supporting my BFF/dongsaeng/sister/wifey!!!! I really appreciate all of you and all the happiness and sense of accomplishment you bring to Key’s life ^ ^

Also, you all give me something to brag about xD Who else can say their bat crazy wife has the best subscribers for the best story? ^.^

Thank you all for reading and I hope you stay with this story until the end if it ever has an end xD

~Dobu