Following the Light

A Game of Chaos

Darkness surrounded the fallen men; Kyuhyun, Yesung and KiBum lay on the ground where Loki had left them. Loki tsked as he re-entered the room, shaking his head of ebony hair as he approached the fallen men. His plan had been set in motion, the pawns put in play and his plan would work; it was him versus Leeteuk once more. This world, purgatory, was their chess board and the players the pieces; though Leeteuk would never think of it that way. Loki chuckled darkly at that thought; Leeteuk was far too weak to detach himself from human emotion. The man clad in black, approached the three fallen; the room around them morphed. His eyes glowed black as the roomed changed, twisting from the decrepit hospital into a room he knew all too well; his throne room. Loki chuckled as he walked over to his throne; he settled into the gold plated seat, eyeing the three carefully.

His gaze flitted from Yesung, to KiBum and then to the youngest, Kyuhyun. His eyes hovered over the maknae momentarily; his gaze pensive. Loki knew Leeteuk would be making his move; HeeChul was his most likely ally and had a power strong enough to do damage. He would need an equally powerful ally, if only to keep the others off of his back for long enough for him to tear at their sanity. Loki closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair, shadows crept out from his body; expanding within the room. The shadows crept outwards as he entered a trance; with each breath he took the further they went.
In and out he breathed, gazing into the depths of his world; watching the movements of the players. His gaze passed over the players, monitoring HeeChul, HanGeng and the rest. He passed an unconscious EunHyuk with a certain brown haired “baby” hovering over him; a smirk drew at his lips at the sight. Leeteuk’s baby boy had been the final push and now he was in his territory, and there was nothing the angel could do about it. A dark chuckle bubbled in his throat, laughing to himself as he continued his search; although he would love to torment the players more there was one man he was searching for. There would only ever be one person of interest for him, and that would be Leeteuk. The angel was nowhere to be seen and Loki swore, figuring the man was most likely in the world of light; travelling to try and find HeeChul. Loki pulled back, withdrawing his shadows and snapping back into the throne room; into his own consciousness.

He opened his eyes and sighed. He wasn’t stupid, Loki knew that Leeteuk would rally the players against him; most likely try to use them to kill him. However Loki also knew that Leeteuk’s emotions would be his downfall; that the man’s sense of compassion and love would bring him to his end. Disdain marred his handsome features as the word love passed through his mind. Many would believe that Loki didn’t believe in love, that he abhorred the notion and the emotion; however he did not. No, he never hated it; merely the expression of it. Love was powerful, he could admit that, it makes even the most powerful and wise of people into fools; Leeteuk being one of those fools. Loki sighed as he stared forward, his gaze melancholy.
He remembered a time when Leeteuk was at his prime, was nothing like this pathetic shell of his former self. The only plus side of this new and weaker Leeteuk would be that he is easily broken, and Loki was intent on crushing him in the most painful ways possible. Unconsciously his stare drifted to one of the unconscious occupants of the room; the youngest, Cho Kyuhyun. Loki’s eyebrow raised as he saw the young man stir; he was listless in his slumber, even in an unconscious state he tossed and turned. The young man was indeed tortured by several inner demons despite his cocky demeanor he was a weak little child, pretending to be a man. He wanted acknowledgement, a family, a home, he wanted to be loved. There it was again, that damned concept; Loki sighed. An idea popped into his mind, a dark smile formed on his visage and the aura of the room shifted.

Kyuhyun awoke, sensing a dark shift in his surroundings, slowly the young man pushed himself upward; groaning in pain as he did. His head throbbed; pulsed with every breath he took. Loki smirked.
 

“Kyuhyun-ah, you’re awake!” Loki said with a smile.

Kyuhyun turned his head and caught sight of the man watching him; predatory gaze suffocating.
 

“I-I....” Kyuhyun stammered, unsure of what to say or do.

He looked nervously to his left, searching for his hyungs; for some form of stability. He caught sight of his hyungs, laying helpless on the floor beside him; their wounds still oozing. The sight of the red blood flowing out of them unnerved him, as did the silence in the room. Memories flooded back to him, flashing violently in front of his eyes with each rivulet of blood that flowed from his hyungs; from wounds that he had caused.
 

“Does it bother you Kyuhyunnie? Does it bother you to know that they’re in pain?” Loki taunted.

Kyuhyun froze, Loki’s voice morphed; turning into one that he knew so well. Visions flashed in front of his eyes, blood tainting his vision; tears welled in his eyes as he began to lose control.

“You want control don’t you Kyunnie? You want control over your emotions, over your life. I can give you that control.” Loki continued.

Kyuhyun backed up, away from his hyungs; in his eyes they had begun to move. Yesung lifted his head, eyes dead and crying blood as they stared at him. KiBum’s head rose as well, half of his face mangled and one eye lazy; the other staring a hole into Kyuhyun’s skull.
 

“Why’d you do this to us Kyunnie? Why weren’t you stronger?”They whispered.

Kyuhyun crawled on his hands, trying to move away from the horror that lay in front of him.
 

“I-I....You’re not real....hyungs...hyungs are--”
 

“Dead! ...because of you....because you weren’t strong enough.” They shouted at him.

Loki chuckled at the sight of the tears that flowed freely from Kyuhyun’s eyes; he was like a scared kid. A smile pulled at the demented man’s lips as Kyuhyun moved closer to him, away from his precious (and unconscious) hyungs; further away from his sanity.

“N-no...” Kyuhyun whispered.

Loki touched a gentle hand on to Kyuhyun’s shoulder, pushing away the emotions that threatened to creep out of their cage; Kyuhyun looked up at him in tears.
 

“Kyu, Kyunnie don’t cry. I can help you.” Loki said, kneeling down in front of the younger man.

Kyuhyun stared at him in bewilderment.
 

“I can help you get control; to have the power to save your friends.” Loki continued.
 

“...I don’t...”
 

“Trust me Kyuhyun, I can give you unimaginable power; a power that can protect your hyungs.”

Loki held out his hand, staring straight into Kyuhyun’s crazed eyes; waiting for the younger to trust him. Kyuhyun reached a shaky hand upward, stretching it out to meet Loki’s. His fingertips brushed against the older man’s palm, a spark ignited; Kyuhyun’s eyes glowed black. Loki smirked. Kyuhyun let out a strangled scream and the room burst into flames; the fire raging out of control. Power flowed through both men, the flames growing and Loki cackled as the flames grew out of control; as Kyuhyun unwittingly surrendered his sanity.

Yesung woke to the sound of the burning fire; the intense heat that clawed at his broken body causing him to wake. The man tried to push himself up, his breath labored as he fought to keep his eyes open; as he tried to keep himself awake. He caught sight of Loki and Kyuhyun, the fire raging around them uncontrollably and Kyuhyun screaming in pain. He jerked upward in surprise; eyes wide. Dark light emanated from them, pulsing outward into the room. 

 

“K-Kyuhyun...” Yesung whispered.

Kyuhyun screamed in pain, falling down; catching himself on his hands as Loki released him.
 

“Kyuhyun!” Yesung screamed as he tried to get up; stumbling as he tried to get to the maknae.

Kyuhyun heard the yell of his name and turned his head; his eyes flashing between black and normal. Yesung gasped at the sight and tried to crawl to the younger man.
 

“H-Hyung?” Kyuhyun questioned in between pants, Yesung reached out to him; trying to grab hold of the younger man.

 

“Kyunnie, come here; get away from him.” Yesung pleaded.

Kyuhyun looked torn as his eyes stayed their normal color as he looked at his hyungs; KiBum groaned from behind Yesung.
 

“K-Kyu?” KiBum questioned as he too tried to sit up.
 

“They don’t have the power to give you what you need; they don’t want you Kyuhyun.” Loki whispered in Kyuhyun’s ear.
 

“Don’t listen to him Kyu!” Yesung yelled.

Kyuhyun’s chocolate brown eyes reverted back to the black and a dark smirk drew on his lips.
 

“K-Kyuhyun?” KiBum asked as the youngest rose from his knees; lolling his neck from side to side.
 

“Kyuhyun’s not home.” A dark voice answered from Kyuhyun’s lips.
Yesung growled.

 

“Let him go you bastard.” The older man growled lowly.
 

“Why should I Yeye? He made his choice.” Loki replied.
 

“Kyu, don’t do this. You don’t want this.” KiBum pleaded, trying to reach out to the youngest both mentally and verbally.
 

“How do you know what I want KiBum hyung? You know nothing about me.” Kyuhyun retorted.
 

“But I know you Kyu. Forget whatever he told you, they’re all lies.” Yesung spoke softly, trying to coax the maknae into believing him.

Kyuhyun groaned and fell to his knees, his head throbbing; eyes flashing back and forth from black to chocolate and back again. He gripped his head and let out pained screams; it felt like his skull would break in two. Loki grabbed him by the collar and pulled him back up, so he stood to face him.
 

“Don’t even think about it you insufferable brat. They don’t love you, your precious Yesungie-hyung won’t do anything; he can’t do anything.” Loki growled.

The flames grew in size and distemperment around them; expressing Kyuhyun’s conflicted emotions.
 

“Hurt him and I’ll kill you.” Yesung growled.

Loki scoffed at the threat and raised his left hand; his fingers had been enveloped by the shadows, forming razor sharp talons. He went to strike only to find himself pushed backwards, gale winds blew through the room freely as Yesung stood in front of Loki.
 

“Oh so you do have a backbone.” Loki mocked.

Kyuhyun fell to his knees, eyes returning to the chocolate brown depths of unbridled emotion; KiBum pushed himself up off the ground and wrapped an arm around Kyuhyun.
 

“Back off.” Yesung growled.
 

“I wasn’t speaking to you Yeye.” Loki retorted.

Yesung raised an enraged eyebrow and Kyuhyun looked up at Loki.
 

“You’ve made your choice haven’t you Kyunnie? You’re choosing to follow the light instead of the power that I can give you aren’t you?” Loki asked, voice low and threatening.
 

“You have no power over me.” Kyuhyun spat back; flames growing with his confidence.
 

“That’s what you think Cho Kyuhyun; but what you fail to realize is that I know every one of your dirty little secrets.” Loki retorted, slinking into the shadows.

The room morphed once more and they were back outside; in the forest they had started out it. Yesung collapsed to the ground from over exertion.
 

“You didn’t have to do that hyung.” Kyuhyun whispered, voice threatening to crack.

Yesung looked over at the maknae and smiled gently.
 

“Nonsense, you’re my precious dongsaeng and I’ll protect you no matter what.” Yesung replied.
Kyuhyun bit his bottom lip as tears began to trickle down his face.

“Shut up.” Kyuhyun growled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M BACK!!!! DID YA MISS ME?! Hehehehe, so yeah I'm back and so is GofC!!! I love you guys so much for your support for this story even through my hiatus and I love all of your wonderful comments. So, I don't want to delay this any further so let's get this party rolling shall we? ;) I'm ready if y'all are.

~Key