Heavy Rain

A Game of Chaos

 

                DongHae drew his swords, fully intent on jumping into the battle; he planned on helping his hyung and dongsaeng no matter what, but SungMin held up his hand in a gesture for him to stay put.

“Hyung!” DongHae yelled in protest and worry.

“Stay back you idiot! These guys are dangerous!” SungMin yelled.

                DongHae stared at his hyung confusion; the martial artist stood up straight, wheezing in pain as he did so and turned to face his opponent. DongHae and Yesung’s eyes followed SungMin’s; two men stood opposite SungMin, the blonde man and a man with jet black hair. SungMin glared at the two and gently pulled his hand away from his injured abdomen; his hand was sticky, coated in thick red blood. Despite the burning pain his side he got into a fighting stance and summoned a weapon, seeing this DongHae decided to step in. SungMin had summoned another broad sword and raised it above his head in preparation to strike; DongHae walked over to his hyung and touched his shoulder gently, his hand brushing over the elder’s shoulder.

“DongHae?” SungMin asked.

“You’re injured hyung, I’ll take care of this.” DongHae said, stepping in front of SungMin protectively.

“Hae you can’t! Loki even said it, your power hasn’t stabilized yet!” SungMin objected.

“So? I can still fight, go check on Henry.”

                SungMin nodded reluctantly and shuffled off the battlefield, DongHae slid into a fighting stance; his face dead serious and cold, he will protect his friends no matter what. The blonde laughed and flashed a gummy smile at his partner.

“KiBum-ah! Looks like we have a new opponent!” The man said happily.

“Deh EunHyuk hyung.” KiBum said, flicking an errant strand of black hair away from his handsome face.

                The blonde, EunHyuk, turned his gummy smile on DongHae and then disappeared in the blink of an eye; DongHae stared dead ahead, at where EunHyuk was the man had been there just a second ago.

“Look out!” YeSung yelled.

                EunHyuk appeared right behind DongHae in a split second, a scythe aimed at the younger’s head; before EunHyuk could strike a column of air separated the two and shot EunHyuk back towards KiBum. The younger man caught the flying elder, and yet he did not move, a telekinetic barrier catching EunHyuk and setting him down before he could land on the boulders behind them.

“Wha?” DongHae exclaimed in surprise.

“Told you that I was your backup.” Yesung said jogging onto the battlefield.

                The elder man took his place next to DongHae and faced their opponents; KiBum crossed his arms in front of his chest expectantly, a familiar bored expression on his face. DongHae couldn’t quite place it but that expression was familiar right down to the small smirk pulling at his lips.

“This will be fun.” EunHyuk growled lowly, the undertone of pure evil lurking in his voice.

“We’ll see.” KiBum added.

                DongHae blinked in surprise as he watched EunHyuk; the man’s eyes glowed onyx and water molecules appeared behind him like he was drawing them out of the air. The molecules combined together, forming into a stream of water that hovered in the air. The stream moved fluidly, wrapping around his body; the water was murky, almost a pure black. It flowed like it was alive, twisting and turning around EunHyuk’s body; DongHae adjusted his grip on the swords, prepared for an attack. The water hissed and rushed at the two, the torrent of water hit a wall of air; the force of the collision knocked the four backwards, landing on the ground.  Yesung and DongHae recovered first, barely getting to their feet; water and gusts of air sprayed around them. Their opponents rose to face them, DongHae charged at EunHyuk, running on full sprint towards the blonde man; he ran up a boulder and threw himself off of it, flying through the air. A gust of air wrapped around DongHae before propelling him forward; DongHae feeling the boost did a front tuck in the air, turning himself into a human buzz saw rapidly approaching Eunhyuk’s head. EunHyuk didn’t even flinch as a black wall formed in front of him, stopping DongHae like a brick wall. DongHae was thrown backwards, bouncing off of the wall and heading back towards Yesung; the man merely sighed and a column of air slowed DongHae to a stop, gently placing him down on the ground. The younger man was slightly dizzy due to the spinning but other than that was fine, Yesung cracked his neck.

                EunHyuk’s water torrent launched forward for a second attack, only to be blocked by yet another wall of air; Yesung’s pupils disappeared, leaving only the whites of his eyes. The air formed a current around the water stream and trapped it; the air formed a bubble around the black liquid. EunHyuk made a startled noise as he began to fight for control over the water; the bubble that had formed twisted, and morphed violently as air fought to maintain control over water. A deep black shell wrapped around the bubble and tightened down on it, causing the bubble to burst; the explosion set air and black water flying everywhere. EunHyuk nodded gratefully at a still bored looking KiBum and the younger male simply rolled his eyes. Yesung took a deep breath, thunder boomed over head and storm clouds rolled in; the wind began to pick up, stirring violently. Yesung held his arms out as If he was summoning something; lightning struck the ground beside him and the wind howled as it tore through the battle field, uprooting plants and dislodging boulders. In the blink of an eye the sky was completely black, EunHyuk swore under his breath as he realized what was happening.

                The blonde focused on Yesung’s feet, a bubble of black water formed around the black haired male; before the bubble could close a gust of wind through the water conjurer backwards, disrupting his concentration. The bubble dissolved around Yesung and the man was lifted into the air by a column of air. EunHyuk picked himself up off the ground and turned his attention to DongHae, who was staring in awe at the storm that his new found ally had created; a bubble formed over DongHae, and the younger male blinked in surprise. A gust of wind lifted him out of the bubble just as it closed down, collapsing in ward; the bubble crushed the boulder DongHae had stood in front of into dust, and the wind placed the man down gently. Thunder clapped violently over head followed immediately by several bolts of lightning, each one striking the battlefield; a tornado formed right in front of their eyes. DongHae squeaked and KiBum and EunHyuk planted their feet to keep themselves steady.

                The pair stared at the column of violently stirring air in surprise; Yesung smiled as trees were uprooted and hurled at the younger two men. EunHyuk swore and brought his arm up to cover his face from the trees and boulders being hurled at him; KiBum blinked, the same black shell that had appeared before returned, wrapping around EunHyuk and KiBum. The boulders Yesung had launched at the pair broke against the shield, each one leaving a bigger dent in the shield; the last tree pierced through the shell, its branches stopping mere centimeters away from EunHyuk’s face. The blonde man gulped and stepped back away from the rather sharp branches, the tree had left a large series of cracks and a gaping hole in the shield. A bolt of lightning struck the tree, disintegrating it on contact; the shell cracked some more and bits splintered away in the wind. Yesung focused a blast of wind at KiBum, the air hit its mark, hitting the younger man dead in the chest; it launched the man backwards a few feet, back first into a jagged boulder. KiBum cried out in pain as the serrated edges of the boulder sliced through his skin, sliding almost effortlessly through his back and chest cavity. The edge of the boulder protruded from his chest, dyed the color of his blood; the lifeblood flooded out of him, dripping on to the ground below. KiBum spluttered and looked down at his chest in utter surprise; blood spilled out of his mouth and he focused his gaze over to EunHyuk who looked on in shock.

                The dark shell around EunHyuk shattered, the pieces shining like crystals as they spread over the battlefield; KiBum opened his mouth to speak but no words left his mouth, the life faded from his eyes. He reached a hand towards Eunhyuk in desperation, but it fell to his side limply as his body went slack; his dead eyes staring straight at EunHyuk.

“KIBUM!” EunHyuk roared.

                The blonde man stared in complete shock at the death of his partner; he turned towards Yesung and DongHae, his demeanor completely changed.

“I am going to KILL you.” He seethed.

                He charged at Yesung, fully intent on brutally slaughtering the man that had killed his partner; DongHae cut off his attack, intercepting the deadly swing of the scythe with his own two swords.

“I am your opponent.” DongHae growled angrily.

“Then you’ll be the first to die.” EunHyuk spat venomously.

                EunHyuk stepped backwards before spinning the scythe in a deadly arc, aiming for DongHae’s head; DongHae blocked the attack with his swords, resulting in a dead lock. They pushed their weapons against each other’s, the metal clanging and beginning to heat with the friction; each tried to overpower the other but to no avail, they were evenly matched. DongHae stepped back, relinquishing control and allowing EunHyuk to get closer at the cost of his balance; the younger spun slamming his swords down, aiming for the head. EunHyuk countered smoothly, using the shaft of the scythe to block his near death; he sidestepped, swinging his scythe as he went, hacking and slashing at anything he could reach. Seeing that the two were in a dead lock, attacking and counterattacking seamlessly, Yesung decided to intervene. He hurled another tree at EunHyuk, which the blonde man flipped over before sending the tornado raging towards him; EunHyuk looked up at the rapidly approaching natural disaster and conjured a wall of water. The two collided and the tornado pushed the man backwards, the water attempted to contain the force of nature but could not overpower the disaster; EunHyuk dove out of the way as his water shield let the tornado break through, the man wound up directly in front of DongHae and completely off balance. He found himself unable to block DongHae’s next flurry of attacks and winced in pain as he felt the ice cold steel slicing through his flesh.

                EunHyuk glared at the other dangerously, jumping backwards a good ten feet before summoning more torrents of water; he launched the water at DongHae, leaving the younger man no choice other than to dodge. DongHae dove out of the way as the first shot came whizzing past his head, colliding with a boulder that was behind him. The bolder exploded sending shards of jagged rock flying everywhere; DongHae continued to dodge, flip and dive past the blasts, slowly making his way over to his enraged attacker. Before EunHyuk could process fully what had transpired DongHae was directly in front of him; EunHyuk swiped at the younger with his scythe as DongHae spun, bringing his blades slashing at Eunhyuk. A bolt of lightning struck near DongHae’s foot as the clang of metal on metal reverberated through the battlefield; blade met flesh and a cry of pain was heard. Thunder boomed and rain began to pour down around them, DongHae panted heavily pain bursting through his system. His breathing was labored; EunHyuk’s scythe bore into his back. The young man let go of his blades and stumbled backwards; EunHyuk fell backwards, landing on his back; a blade sticking out of his chest, the other lodged firmly in his carotid artery.

                The blonde man’s blood spurted out onto the field, hitting the ground and dying it red; the rain combined with the puddle of blood resulting in a pink river flowing towards DongHae. The young man fell to his knees, water and blood splashing up at his face as he landed in EunHyuk’s blood. The storm died down and Yesung touched down on the ground once more; as soon as his feet were on the ground he rushed to DongHae’s side. A loud booming laugh echoed out over the now silent battlefield. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alrighty....so I'm gonna apologize for murdering all your soouls now. To be honest I felt REALLY bad about writing this, I cried when I was typing this up.....Poor Hyukkie....and Bummie......sadness....if it weren't pertinent to the next chapter I would NOT have written it. I know all of you REALLY hate me right now but I will be nice and explain a few little tidbits. 1) ending is VERY important and foreshadows a LOT of the next chapter, 2) Ask your selves, are Hae and Bummie really dead? Or does #1 have SOMETHING to do with this? hmmmmm..... and laastly 3) Yes those are actually Hyukkie and Bummie's abilities...HOWEVER there are a few KEY sentances and differences in the descriptions of Hae and Bummie that partain to the next chapter. I wonder if you can spot them all.....Anyway, sorry about your first glimpse of Hyukkie being a EunHae battle to the death and what not. Don't hate me for life I will make up for it because guess what? THERE SHALL BE SOME IN THIS!!!!! MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA but that's like...ummm......10 chapters down the line AT LEAST. I dun wanna rush it, especially since not all of the characters have been introduced yet.....so ummm....yeah....don't kill me I love you all....ummmm....comment plz? Oh! And before I run away from the angry mob that is SURE to be on their way to brutally slaughter me next chapter should be up on like Thursday or sometin'. So umm.....yeah....Bye now! *runs away screaming bloody murder*

~Key