Experts and Gamers

A Game of Chaos

 

                SungMin stared up at the man in astonishment; he hadn’t even noticed the man’s presence before now. The man’s smirk grew, as the creature howled in pain as the flames consumed it; the thing jumped backwards, landing in the water. The man laughed, or more accurately cackled evilly as the flames grew with the contact of the blood. The black fire engulfed the creature; which came upon the realization of the fact that the blood was fueling the fire. The creature ran out of the water charging at the smirking man and consequently SungMin; the man picked up SungMin bridal style and flipped out of the way. SungMin yelped as he felt his body jerked up and flipped over, he clutched at the man’s shirt desperately as the man landed; the man landed perfectly and smirked down at his captive. SungMin stared up at him in shock, and the creature swung at the pair. The man hopped backwards, dodging smoothly and continued to move backwards as the creature swung at him. The thing roared and flexed its burning muscles as it prepared to charge at the pair. The man looked down at the elder male in his arms and the smirk grew.

“Sorry Bunny, time for me to play the game.” The man said smugly.

                SungMin opened his mouth to speak but was unceremoniously dumped on his before he could; the elder man swore as the other laughed and set to work. The creature swung at him, only to be met with a wall of onyx fire blocking the attack; the snake tentacles snapped at him, but the man merely laughed as he dodged them with amazing ease. Calculating dark brown eyes watched the creatures every move; he seemed to anticipate the creature’s next strike and counterattacked them all perfectly. The man yawned and tilted his head to the left slightly, smirk never once faltering.

“This is getting boring, shouldn’t you be dead yet? Oh well, let’s end this little boss battle shall we?” The man spoke, mostly to himself.

                The creature roared and went for him once more, the man dodged fluidly and his eyes glowed jet black; his hands became encompassed by the flames, which didn’t seem to affect him at all. The creature turned to face him, completely ignoring SungMin who had managed to make his way over to DongHae. As the creature turned a circle of onyx fire formed at its feet; the circle slowly grew into a column, rising up the creature’s body. The fire began to swirl, and SungMin, DongHae and Henry could only stare in awe as a tornado of onyx fire engulfed the beast. The creature let out a howl of pain as its flesh melted away from the bone completely; the pyro-user’s smirk only grew as he cackled at the total domination of the creature. The flames died down, leaving only the smoldering and steaming bones of the creature as evidence of its existence. The man’s eyes returned to normal but the fire on his hands did not extinguish, he turned to face the dumbstruck men.

“You gonna keep staring all day or you gonna thank me?” the man asked smugly.

“Yah! Don’t take that tone with me brat!” SungMin yelled.

“Aish, Bunny you wound me so.” The man said mockingly.

“Who are you anyway?” DongHae asked.

                As soon as the words left his mouth he gripped at his abdomen, the pain was incredible; it hurt to breathe, and speaking was definitely a bad idea. SungMin hushed DongHae and Henry blinked.

“The name’s Kyuhyun and I led you three out of that cave.” Kyuhyun said an evil smile creeping up his visage.

 “Kyuhyun-ah? Huh….” DongHae said.

                The man coughed wetly and clutched at his abdomen, SungMin immediately sprung into action; his ER training kicking in. He ignored Kyuhyun completely, and went to work on DongHae; he touched DongHae’s abdomen lightly, feeling the tender and unusually squishy area around his ribs. DongHae swore and tried to squirm away from the fingertips, the pain intensified with each movement he made.

“Dammit, your ribs have been turned to pulp.” SungMin swore.

                Henry peered over at his hyungs, staggering to his feet to see if he could help the middle child at all. DongHae swore internally with every painful breath he took; still incessantly trying to squirm away from his hyung.

“DongHae! Stop moving! Every time you move like that you risk puncturing your lung!” SungMin snapped.

                Upon hearing those words the man lay still, staring up at the sky in horror and fear; SungMin swore and he looked around, searching for something to help the man. Then an idea popped into his head, Henry. SungMin looked over at Henry and motioned for him to come forward, Henry dropped to his knees in the sand besides DongHae, opposite SungMin.

“Is there anything I can do to help Hyung?” Henry asked.

“Yes, when we came out of the cave, you had some music playing…when I woke up my injuries were healed, was that you?” SungMin asked.

“Umm….I don’t know?” Henry replied uncertainly.

“….can you at least try? For DongHae?”

“Okay…..I’ll try….I don’t know what I did but….”Henry rambled.

                SungMin motioned for Henry to just try and the youngest man did, he took a deep breath and closed his eyes; the chipmunk visualized the music notes playing around him, and surrounding DongHae. An orange glowing barrier formed around the wheezing DongHae; the barrier flowed fluidly, a soft tone played around them. DongHae wheezed and spluttered, but as the music played on he felt energy flowing through him; the energy burned, but he could feel bone and muscle stitching back up inside of him. The process was excruciating; the feeling of his bones being put back together was strange and painful.  DongHae groaned and thrashed slightly, SungMin held his wrists down and he instructed Henry to hold down DongHae’s kicking legs. Henry tried but the process of maintaining the barrier healing DongHae was hard; Kyuhyun tilted his head to the side and watched with fascination as SungMin barked orders at the youngest.

                DongHae inhaled sharply before his body went limp; SungMin turned and stared at Henry in shock. Henry looked from SungMin to DongHae totally shocked.

“Did you kill him?!” SungMin yelled, he was in a panic.

“Damn…baby boy over here’s got some power…hmmm…” Kyuhyun quipped.

“I…I…” Henry stuttered.

                SungMin let go of DongHae’s arms, staring down at the younger male. DongHae coughed and sat up, rubbing at his chest; SungMin let out a sigh of relief and embraced the younger male. He let out a mutter of “thank God” and released him; Henry sighed and sat back in the sand a load taken off of his chest. Kyuhyun let out a low whistle and raised an eyebrow.

“You’re resilient…I’ll keep that in mind.” He said lowly.

                SungMin barely caught what Kyuhyun had said and turned towards the younger male; SungMin stood up and took a fighting stance.

“What was that?” SungMin growled.

“Nothing you need to worry about Bunny; besides, is that any way to treat someone who saved your ?” Kyuhyun asked.

                SungMin stared down the younger male who turned away from him and began walking away. SungMin stared at him, dumbstruck as Kyuhyun simply ignored him and began walking in the opposite direction.

“Hey! Kyuhyun-sshi! Wait!” Henry yelled.

                Kyuhyun stopped and turned towards the younger male; Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow and stared Henry down.

“Yes?” Kyuhyun asked expectantly.

“You’re not staying?” Henry asked.

“No…why would I? I’ve got places to be, players to torch…literally.” He said with a smirk as he gestured to the fire on his palm.

“But…but…”

“Calm down Mochi, I’ll be back. You’ll see more of me later on…well, me and my strategic genius.” Kyuhyun said with a smirk.

                The trio stared at him as the man turned to leave once more.

“Oh, and by the way there’s a poor soul stuck up ahead...he's a little....whiny... anyway, it might take you a while to get to him though…oh well, I’d help but…it’s not along my expertise.” Kyuhyun said offhandedly.

                SungMin raised an eyebrow and stood up, watching the fire-user walk off. The eldest turned to his two younger companions and offered each of them a hand. Henry stood up on his own, and the two assisted DongHae in standing.

“What did he mean by someone was stuck?” Henry asked.

“I’m more worried about what he meant by ‘expertise’.” SungMin said with a slightly concerned voice.

“Owwie….my chest hurts.” DongHae grumbled.

“No Sherlock, your ribs were literally turned to pulp.” SungMin said.

“We should probably get moving…I have a bad feeling…” Henry said, glancing around nervously.

                SungMin and DongHae nodded, they began walking; SungMin glanced behind him at the bloody shore before leading the way, he shook his head at the gory sight. The eldest look in front of him and took in the scenery; big jet black mountains lay up ahead and somehow, SungMin got the feeling things had only just begun. Little did he know he was exactly right, a tall figure stood behind them on a sand dune, completely unnoticed by the three. The man dressed in black smirked evilly and chuckled; he’d have to keep an eye on that Kyuhyun boy, and this newly formed trio.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for not having this up last night...I kinda wrote it today....oopsie. Anyway, hope you liked it. Congrats, you all got the past character hints, but two more have been hinted to at the end of this chapter. Any guesses? Hmm? Haha, it's okay if you don't have any, the hints were quite obscure....oh wells....love your faces and idk when the next chappie will be up! <3 Hope the chapter didn't dissapoint dispite it being short, I promise I'll write a SUPER long chapter to make up for it! Love you guys!

~Key