In Void

A Game of Chaos

 

                HanGeng stared at HeeChul, wondering just what the other man had meant; from his own experience with the diva he was anything BUT evil, maybe crazy but not evil. HeeChul’s eyes held sadness, regret, sorrow, but for what? What had brought this about? There was a hesitant knock on the door and the two men exchanged glances, both of their gazes settled on the door.

“HanGeng-gege?” Zhou Mi’s hesitant voice came from the otherside of the door.

“Yes Zhou Mi?” HanGeng replied.

“We might have a problem….and I can’t find HeeChul-hyung.”

                HeeChul got out of the bed quietly, and started getting dressed; he knew he was needed. His body moved slowly, due to recent activities and he was rather sore; HanGeng followed suit, checking on the older man.

“I’ll be there in a minute.” HanGeng called out.

“Hurry sire, there’s something going on…and it’s NOT good.”

                Zhou Mi was right, within the game of darkness Yesung, Kyuhyun and KiBum were surrounded; cornered by creatures that could only be described as hellish. Long, gangly limbs, talons, glistening teeth and blood red eyes; the creatures were thin, but threatening nonetheless. Their long arms were disproportionate to the rest of their bodies, hanging down so low that their large, taloned hands touched the floor. These creatures were the only thing the three could see, the darkness surrounding them unrelenting and Kyuhyun’s small fire provided the only light. KiBum tried to stand up, to think of a way out but the three of them were heavily injured; Kyuhyun critically so. Even with the accelerated healing from the various injections HeeChul had given them to prepare for the brutality of the game, Kyuhyun’s injury was severe; if they moved him they risked doing so much more damage to his spine. Yesung glanced over at the struggling KiBum and pushed himself to his feet, standing hurt like hell but KiBum was in worse condition than he. The shadowed creatures moved forward, closing in on them; the things growled and flexed at them as they closed around them. KiBum tried to move, he wanted to help but Kyuhyun needed stability, he needed to remain still so the bone could heal properly.

                Yesung stepped into in front of his dongsaengs protectively; he couldn’t see how many he was up against but he knew he was the only one able to fight. KiBum looked up at his hyung in worry, but the older man took a deep breath and let his eyes roll back into his head. What he had been doing, would not work, this he knew almost instinctively. His conscience was met with a raging storm; natural disasters surrounded his spiritual self and raged on. Nagging worries and questions clouded his mind; would he be able to control it? His mind was made up for him as the vile creatures lunged at him.

“Put up a shield.” Yesung yelled at KiBum.

                The younger, injured man nodded and a purple barrier surrounded himself and Kyuhyun; Yesung’s eyes glowed white, pupils gone and he rolled his shoulders. Fissures opened in the ground beneath them, releasing boiling hot steam and Sulfurous gas; the ground rumbled beneath them. Yesung’s hair began to swirl, KiBum watched in astonished awe as more fissures opened and molten lava spewed out. He was witnessing a volcanic eruption. Yesung took control over the eruption as it grew more violent, lava splattered onto the creatures; fissures opened underneath them, sulfuric gas ripped their skin from their bodies.  Few lunged at them, only to be met by a wave of flowing lava bursting up from the ground in front of him; the wall of lava served as a barrier to its master. Yesung struggled to maintain control, his ability was beyond unpredictable; violently so. This was why he preferred the weather, his ability was limited, devastating and completely untamable; he began to second guess himself. The lava flow increased almost exponentially, more cracks formed, launching more and more of the molten rock at the enemies, and towards Yesung himself. Yesung stood wearily amongst the lake of lava; KiBum watched, jaw agape as the lava began to move.

                Yesung fought with himself, trying to maintain the little control he had over the eruption; tried to keep it small and contained. Soon it got out of hand, molten rock spewed violently, splattering randomly across the battlefield. The ground shook rapidly, almost knocking Yesung to his hands and knees as more fissures opened up; Yesung swore as the heat began to get to scald him. Lava flowed freely and an earthquake due to the eruption; Yesung struggled to regain control. His head began to throb as his own ability tried to overpower him. KiBum began to sweat as the heat and lava began to burn its way through his weakened shield. The psychic tightened his grip on the Maknae before focusing on maintain the barrier, keeping the lava out and them alive.

“Hyung! I can’t hold it!” KiBum yelled as a migraine set in.

“!” Yesung swore.

                He cursed himself for making the decision to try and use his ability; he would never forgive himself if he killed his dongsaengs by accident. He struggled to rein it in, to control the eruption; he shook under the pressure. His eyes glowed brighter and KiBum’s slipped into the royal purple as they both tried to control their abilities. Pain took over KiBum’s senses as he tightened his grip on Kyuhyun’s slack body to maintain his grip on reality; feeling the near painful grip Kyuhyun woke. The Maknae stared at the bubbling lava in shock and fearful awe as it melted through the shield.

“!” The baby of the trio yelled.

                Hearing the panic in Kyuhyun’s voice Yesung’s brain kicked into a protective overdrive, he prayed his next action wouldn’t hurt the younger more. The ground began to shake violently, large cracks and fissures forming in the ground; draining the molten rock. Kyuhyun cried out in pain as the shaking moved his spine slightly and KiBum tried to focus on creating a psychic barrier on Kyuhyun’s spine to hold it steady. The psychic’s vision began to blur under the heavy strain and the lava began to recede. The boiling rock pulled away from KiBum’s barrier and the shaking stopped abruptly; the young man couldn’t hold out any longer and passed out due to injuries and strain. The barrier shattered, sending glimmering purple shards spreading through the darkness; Yesung nearly collapsed once he had managed to stop the eruption and earthquake. Despite this achievement and the severe urge to pass out, worry for his dongsaengs kept him awake. He fell to his knees, the ground was warm; blistering his hands and burning through his jeans as he tried to crawl over to Kyuhyun and KiBum.

                The Maknae watched him in worry, his face soft and vulnerable at the sight of his hyung; Yesung reached Kyuhyun and gave the younger a small smile. The turtle lover reached up, small hand brushing against Kyuhyun’s blood stained cheek; Kyuhyun gasped at the gentle touch and the sheer warmth of the hand.

“Kyuhyun-ah, I’m sorry.” Yesung said softly, voice barely above a whisper.

“Hyung…what—“

“I couldn’t control it and I hurt you and KiBum…I’m sorry hyung couldn’t protect you.”

                Despite Kyuhyun’s sharp tongue Yesung’s words affected him; the worry and care made him pause.

“Yesung-hyung…” Kyuhyun tried.

                He’d never been great at giving comfort; he had no idea what to say to Yesung. The elder smiled at him weakly as his own eyesight began to blur, controlling two natural disasters had taken too much out of his already injured body. His eyes drooped closed and he fainted, head hitting Kyuhyun’s right thigh as he collapsed. Kyuhyun let out a startled gasp at the feeling of Yesung’s head hitting his thigh rather roughly; the youngest looked behind him as best he could, wondering why his other hyung was so quiet. His chocolate brown eyes met KiBum’s pale visage and his breath caught in his throat; reality hit him, he was alone, surrounded by darkness.  His chest began to heave rapidly as panic took over his senses. His hyungs had done more damage to themselves to protect him; hurting themselves further to save him. Helplessness flooded his system, that feeling he abhorred; being weak, helpless and vulnerable. Images flashed in front of his eyes, blood, darkness and screams of terror, haunting his mind; he tried to move, wanted to run but his injury kept him from doing so.

                As his mind raged as did his fire, the black flames began to swirl around him and his hyungs in a circle; unruly, violent and dangerous. He began to hyperventilate as his stability left him, the screams, the blood, she fell; the dull sound of a broken body hitting concrete, her crimson blood dripping down her face as lifeless eyes stared at him. His mind was panicked, near hysterical as the images persisted; a hand on his cheek jolted him back away from the darkness. It snapped him momentarily out of his panicked daze. A man stood in front of him, shrouded by white light, a comforting smile and calm eyes greeting him. Kyuhyun blinked in surprise at the sight, but then shock crossed his visage; he felt no weight on his thigh, no familiar presence behind him. He looked down; Yesung was nowhere to be seen. Panic flooded him once more and he turned to check on KiBum, but the psychic had disappeared as well. Flames surged violently around him, impacted by Kyuhyun’s emotions.

“Hey, hey, calm down. Deep breaths.”  The man coached softly.

                Kyuhyun turned back to the man and tried to calm himself despite the thousands of thoughts rushing through his mind. The younger did as instructed, in and out he breathed; the flames doing the same as he.

“There you go, one more. Breathe.”

                Kyuhyun followed the command and took another deep breath.

“There, you calm now?” The man asked,

                Kyuhyun nodded slowly, noting that the flames had calmed as well; crackling lightly in the darkness.

“Good.” The man said with a smile.

“Where…who?” Kyuhyun tried, struggling to form a cohesive question.

“If you’re worried about Yesung and KiBum they’re fine, they have been returned already. In fact, they’re looking for you. Yesung seems quite distraught.”

“How?”

“I can’t tell you that are you ready to go back?”

“I…”

“Oh, your injury…hold on.”

                The man touched Kyuhyun’s forehead and whit hot energy coursed through his body, focusing on his back; he gasped as he felt the skin, muscle and bone knitting back together. The process was fast, and Kyuhyun arched his back and let out a shuddered gasp as the final pieces of skin knitted back together successfully. He looked up at the man, chocolate brown eyes silently thanking him for helping. The man smiled in return; offered Kyuhyun his hand. The Maknae took the hand as soon as their skin touched light flashed, obliterating the darkness and blinding Kyuhyun. The Maknae woke on the forest floor, KiBum hovering over him in worry. KiBum’s gray eyes smiled at him as Kyuhyun sat up, the flame-user noticed Yesung in the background, hanging back; the man smiled at him weakly.

“Yesunggie-hyung, I’m fine. Thank you, thank you for not giving up.” Kyuhyun said.

                Yesung smiled and walked over to the younger man, to assure himself that Kyuhyun was indeed fine. While the eldest checked on the Maknae the land of darkness was anything but peaceful; Loki stepped out of the darkness, standing in the realm of void. He was furious, he almost had him; almost had the pyro-user’s sanity. Almost broke him. Then he showed up, how did he get in here? If he wanted to screw with his plans, he would have to pay; Loki cackled to himself and stared into the darkness.

“Game on Angel. Game on.” Loki spoke to himself.

                A scream wrung in the distance and a wicked smile pulling at his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the tyness of this chapter nad the long period in between updates. hit the fan for me in school and at home, I've had a lot to do adn to top it all off I've had writers block. Soooooo in this chapter we get a glipse at Kyunnie's past, AND mysterious white-clad man appears again. Yes, this dude DID actually undo Loki's little darkness thing and the aforementioned man is PISSED. >.< should be hitting the fan soon, AND I shall reveal whether or not you guys are right about what's going on, and who the dude is. I love you guys, sorry again for the fail update.