Reunion

A Game of Chaos

 

                KiBum and Yesung ran as best they could, trying to put distance between themselves and KyuHyun. KiBum had his arm wrapped around Yesung’s waist, trying to keep the heavily injured older man upright and moving; this put more strain on KiBum. They could hear Kyuhyun behind them, ominous double voice mocking them as they ran; he was hunting them. KiBum’s thoughts wandered, his mind reached out to Kyuhyun; he was trying to determine the younger’s location. He could see the pyrokinetic’s life force, the previously pearly white had been tainted black; KiBum realized that he wasn’t as far away as he would like.  However, KiBum supposed the gap could potentially allow them to escape. Yesung stumbled over a root, swearing profusely as searing pain began to course through his body; KiBum snapped out of his slight daze long enough to catch his hyung.

                Both swore as KiBum’s arms gave out somewhat, causing both injured men to tumble to the ground. They hit the forest floor with two dull thuds, followed by pained groans. KiBum tried to push himself up; he tried to get to his feet to help his hyung. However even with as much adrenaline that was coursing through his body he still couldn’t push past the pain. His still severe, still healing wounds and the sheer, searing pain that wracked his body impeded him; his vision began to blur due to the pain. His abdomen burned, the previously healing wounds on his chest had ripped open once more; the symbols began to bleed heavily. His blood dripped down his chest, painting the slightly tanned skin crimson. Kyuhyun’s taunts grew louder as the two lay on the ground.

“Hyungs~ come out cowards so I can disembowel you; torture you slowly and painfully.” Kyuhyun’s dark voice called out to them; his voice sounded twistedly content by the prospect of torturing his hyungs.

                Fear rang through both of the older men’s bodies, Kyuhyun’s new found, erse fascination with blood terrified them; he’d given into an insatiable blood lust. KiBum grabbed Yesung’s arm and not-so gently pulled the older man to him in a split-second decision; he didn’t have time to be gentle. Yesung let out a low hiss of pain at the abruptness of being man handled; KiBum apologized quickly and held Yesung close. The farmer actor let out a quick prayer, he needed this to work. Kyuhyun drew nearer and Yesung began to try and struggle, however the older man was too injured and drained to truly be a problem. KiBum drew a deep breath and focused on the area around them; he was trying to create an illusion. KiBum felt the reality slowly bend to his will as Kyuhyun nearly came upon them. Kyuhyun came into their breath as the maknae came closer. The man walked up to them and paused for a moment, looking straight at them before continuing on, unable to see them; all he saw was brush. Kyuhyun continued on, heading into the direction that he believed they had headed; Yesung and KiBum released the breath they had been holding. KiBum’s head began to throb brutally as a deep rooted migraine set in; the illusion faded away and KiBum moaned in pain. Yesung looked up at his dongsaeng in worry; although he was in no better shape. KiBum shook his head, knowing full well what that look meant.

“Hyung, don’t.” KiBum said.

“But you’re injured KiBum-ah!”

“You’re worse off than me hyung; now get some rest.”

                Yesung went to protest but a stern look from KiBum shut him up; he nodded complacently and let exhaustion finally wash over him. The older man’s eyes slid closed and effectively passed out in KiBum’s arms. The psychic also felt his own exhaustion begin to nag at him in between the sharp bite of his throbbing head. His eyes continuously attempted to droop closed; his body wanted to follow his hyung’s lead and go to sleep. KiBum refused. He couldn’t go to sleep now; he couldn’t risk exposing them both to the dangers that lurked around them. If he went to sleep they would surely be killed and KiBum refused to be killed without a fight. Soon enough he found himself unable to stay awake,  a comforting voice lulled him to sleep; it reassured him as his eyes drooped closed.

“Don’t worry Bummie-ah, I’ll look after you.”

                The pair woke later, their wounds had somewhat healed but not completely. Yesung let out a small yawn and sat up, everything was sore but he didn’t feel like he was dying anymore. KiBum grumbled slightly and went to stand as Yesung no longer lay on him. KiBum groaned as his body protested against moving; pain dulled his other senses as he got to his feet. KiBum chose to ignore the pain and offered a hand to Yesung; the older man grasped the hand and accepted the younger’s help. KiBum pulled Yesung to his feet and both groaned in pain under the strain.

“Ugh, everything hurts like a .” Yesung grumbled.

“I agree. that bastard Loki and his sick games.” KiBum agreed.

                Yesung looked around carefully, a worried look on his face.

“We need to get moving, who knows if he’ll come back.” He said as calmly as he could.

                KiBum nodded, unsure of which “he” his hyung was referring to; he could mean either Loki or Kyuhyun, and both would spell bad news. The two began moving, both were completely lost; they hadn’t paid attention when they were running.  Eventually the two came upon a giant wall of rock, a cliff face; both men peered up, each wondering if they could climb it. Yesung looked over at KiBum.

“What do you think?” He asked.

“Well we could try and climb or use our abilities but…”

                KiBum’s statement was cut off by the cliff breaking in front of them; the part of the rock exploded outwards. Two men dove out of the hole, each one landing on someone else; KiBum and Yesung both swore colorfully due to the weight now on top of them. The two men stood up, got off of Yesung and KiBum and began to argue.

“You are truly an idiot hyung!”

“Shut up RyeoWook, you forgot about your abilities too!” EunHyuk countered defensively.

“I’m new to the game! You’ve been in here Hyuk-pabo!”

                Yesung and KiBum groaned in pain and sat up; they watched the two in confusion.

“EunHyuk-hyung? What the hell?” KiBum spoke up.

                EunHyuk stopped arguing with RyeoWook and turned to face KiBum, a surprised expression on his face.

“KiBum-ah?! I thought you died!” The blonde exclaimed.

                KiBum rolled his eyes.

“Do I look dead to you?” He asked snarkily.

“Well, sorta…”

                KiBum glared at the man for his response; Yesung looked over at RyeoWook with an eyebrow raised.

“Who are you?” He asked.

“M-my name’s R-RyeoWook…” was the stuttered answer.

                KiBum turned towards the slightly older man and raised an eyebrow.

“You weren’t here before…how did you get in here?” KiBum asked bluntly, eyeing the smaller man suspiciously.

“Loki…he brought all of us in…” RyeoWook answered.

“Us? Who’s us?” EunHyuk asked, turning to RyeoWook.

“Yeah, us?” Yesung echoed.

“Us…the…um…all of us that put you in here?” RyeoWook explained nervously.

                Silence rolled over the group.

“Heebongie’s in here?” Yesung exclaimed in surprise.

“You know HeeChul-hyung?” RyeoWook asked.

“Yeah…KangIn kicked my when I first got chosen, Heebongie took care of me.”  Yesung chirped as an answer.

“O-okay then…”

                The four stared at each other awkwardly, exchanging looks back and forth; all of them uncertain as to how to proceed. Awkward series of “um”s and “uh”s  followed.

“So…uh, what now?” RyeoWook asked timidly.

                The three turned to Yesung nearly simultaneously.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Well, you’re the oldest hyung so…” EunHyuk trailed off.

“I just don’t feel like making anymore decisions” Was KiBum’s explanation.

“Okay then…urm, I guess we should get moving.”

                The three men nodded in agreement and they began walking; the walk was silent, none of them feeling completely comfortable. They were all on edge, various frightening thoughts ran through each of their minds; their own guilt also weighing heavily on them.  A howl echoed out in the distance, causing all of them to jump.

“!” EunHyuk swore.

“The hell was that?”  KiBum asked, looking around as he did so.

                Another howl, this time it was closer.

“I think that was a hell hound.” Yesung answered nervously.

“H-hyungs...I think we have a problem.” RyeoWook stuttered.

                The other three turned to look at RyeoWook, whose eyes were wide; his hand was raised, a finger pointing out in front of him. A huge creature towered in front of the small man, jaws open and fangs dripping with hungry saliva. RyeoWook gulped and backed up towards his hyungs and KiBum as it moved closer; the creature took a few steps towards him. Blood red eyes watched the group carefully, eying the smallest hungrily; its wolf-like body stood on its hind legs. The small group backed up wearily as it continued to come to light; spikes lined its body like a pseudo-exoskeleton. The creature growled, its forked tongue snuck out, at its massive jaws.

“H-hyungs? What the hell is that?!” RyeoWook exclaimed, fear and endorphins pumping through him.

“I have absolutely no idea…” Yesung stated, eyes going wide.

“Whatever it is, it looks very hungry!” EunHyuk added nervously.

                As EunHyuk spoke the creature leapt at them, heading straight for RyeoWook; it was met with a powerful gust of wind that shielded the younger man and knocked the creature back into a nearby tree. The creature growled as it picked itself up and glared at the four; it let out a howl which was followed by several more howls. The four men paled.

“Oh .” They swore simultaneously. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEW CHAPTER!!! *does a happy dance* It took me for-freaking-EVER to get this done, I don't even know why but it did. Anywhoo, look guys! I SPOT LE YEWOOK! Hehehehhehehe.... And EunBum has been reunited ^.^ So yeah, I'm not entirely sure as to what to put in this author's note besides that I love you all~! As usual comments are greatly appreciated and let me know you care (not to mention they make me feel warm and fluffy) so yeah, I love you guys and I'm gonna try and have another chapter for you guys over the weekend or sooner! Catch y'all later!

~Key