Fallen in Darkness

A Game of Chaos

 

                The three looked down at Henry’s lifeless body in sorrow, each one absorbed with their own morbid, sorrow-filled thoughts. The others, the ones that had been dragged off, were nowhere to be seen; the darkness had taken them. DongHae knelt down in front of Henry’s body, tears streaming down his face; a gentle hand touched the Maknae’s cooling face. SungMin looked away, unable to look at the lifeless body of his friend any longer, EunHyuk fell on his the sadness over taken him; he didn’t know Henry for long, but he too felt the loss. The three remained in silence, a mournful tension setting over them; what were they going to do now? Chu hopped over to DongHae, chirping wildly, seemingly trying to express something; trying to convey a message to the brunette, but DongHae was too distraught to listen. The little bird let out a shrill chirp and settled down next to Henry’s body, waiting for the trio to return to their senses.  None of the men noticed the soft glow of light that had begun to emanate from Henry’s body.

                Henry lay in darkness, sleeping peacefully in the silence; the abyss surrounding him lulling him, rocking him back and forth. Warmth spread on his back, like the rays of the sun splaying across his back; the warmth was comforting and Henry’s lips drew into a small smile.

“Wake up little one.” The voice whispered.

                Henry groaned groggily but found his eyes opening nonetheless; he sat up in the darkness and was met with the sight of a figure shrouded in white hot light.

“W-what’s going on?” Henry asked sleepily.

                The figure smiled at him from what he could tell and touched a gentle, loving hand to his cheek.

“I’m sorry to wake you little one but it’s not your time.” The voice whispered.

                Henry stared at the figure in confusion.

“You are needed again for what I cannot say, but it’s time for you to go back.” The figure continued.

                Henry shook his head and the figure offered him a hand; Henry took the offered hand and was pulled to his feet. The figure held his hand tightly and began leading him through the abyss.

“Where are you taking me?” Henry asked.

“Back to where you belong.” The voice answered.

“But—“
“No buts little one, I know you don’t want to but you have to. They need you.” The figure said.

                Henry found himself standing in the middle of an art gallery, paintings hung on the wall; portraits, landscapes and scenes. Henry gasped in shock, the paintings, the artwork, was of the game; the scenes were past and present occurrence. Henry let go of the figure’s hand and walked up to one of the paintings, his hyungs were crying, weeping over a prone body; Henry’s fingers reached out to brush over the scene, SungMin’s sobbing frame, DongHae’s tearstained cheeks and EunHyuk’s sorrow filled gaze.

“I-is that me?” Henry asked, turning towards the man behind him for confirmation.

                The figure nodded and Henry turned back to the painting, his hyungs had moved; DongHae seemed to be yelling at EunHyuk, tears streaming down his face as SungMin held him back.

“They’re rather distraught.”  The man said from behind him.

“Why are they fighting?” Henry asked.

“Because they blame each other for your passing, they feel like they’ve failed you; especially DongHae.”

“But they….” Henry trailed off.

His heart ached in his chest, he didn’t want to go back; back to that world of hurt and blood, but he had to. For his hyungs, for his friends, for his sister, he had to return; to fight to end the suffering. A hand was placed on his shoulder and Henry turned to see the glowing man smiling at him gently.

“It seems you have made your decision.” He spoke.

                Henry nodded in determination.

“Take me back, I’m not done yet.” Henry confirmed.

                Light emanated from the man, engulfing Henry and the younger man fell to the ground the white hot light burning him to the core; he heard voices, crying and the soft chirp of a bird. His vision went black and he succumbed to the pain that suddenly flooded his senses. In the jungle Henry sat up abruptly, gasping for air, holding his chest; the three older men turned at the sound, looking in astonishment at the very much alive Henry.

“Wha...but…I….you…HUH?!”  EunHyuk blubbered.

“HENRY!” SungMin and DongHae yelled, tears streaming down their faces and they tackled the youngest.

                Henry fell backwards under the weight of his hyungs, he landed on his back and DongHae and SungMin proceeded to baby him. EunHyuk stood, watching the scene utterly dumbfounded but relieved. They coddled him and attempted to check on his wounds, every once in a while one of the hyungs would scold him, tell him how stupid he was for risking his life like that; how foolish it was of him to leave them behind. They were oblivious to the figure watching them a small smile on his lips, he turned away from them and walked away; he had other business to attend to. Yesung was the next to wake in darkness, this abyss was very different than the abyss Henry had succumbed to; it wasn’t comforting, it wasn’t warm nor peaceful, it was hellish. Yesung cried out in pain as he tried to sit up, his legs felt like they were on fire; he was disoriented, in pain and surrounded by darkness, things couldn’t get much worse as far as he was concerned. The sound of someone groaning drew his attention, Yesung’s eyes searched through the darkness to no avail; the darkness was too thick. A light flickered in the distance, a little flame from what he could tell, but it was small almost miniscule and the light it gave off was nominal.

“Anybody there?!” Yesung called out, hoping silently that someone was there with him.

                A groan answered him and Yesung breathed a sigh of relief, he wasn’t alone.

“I’m over here! I can’t move though!” A voice yelled.

                Yesung tried to push himself to his feet, but found himself unable to support his own weight; the man swore as he hit the ground.  He lay in the darkness for a moment before an idea popped into his head, he had never tried this before but it was worth a shot; he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, focusing. Wind stirred around him, lifting up his body and allowing him to hover above the ground, Yesung opened his eyes and smiled; it was only an inch but it was still something. He adjusted himself so he was upright and began to move towards the small flame, he hoped that he could control his abilities for as long as he could.  Yesung reached the flickering flame to find Kyuhyun laying on the floor, panting and groaning in pain; his back had been ripped to shreds and the wounds oozed crimson blood.

“You look like hell.” Yesung remarked as he set himself down in front of Kyuhyun.

                Kyuhyun looked up at him and smirked.

“You don’t look so good yourself jackass.” The younger man retorted, his voice weak with pain.

                Yesung laughed lightly and turned to try and get a good look at the damage done to the younger’s back. Kyuhyun groaned in pain and tried to swat Yesung away, the pain was unbearable.

“Yesung-hyung, I don’t think moving him is the best idea.” KiBum’s voice floated to them in the darkness.

                Yesung looked around in confusion but once again saw nothing; the sound of shuffling echoed in the darkness and then a hand touched Yesung’s shoulder. The older man jumped in surprise and was met with the sight of KiBum’s blood covered face.

“Shisus you scared me.” Yesung sighed.

                Kyuhyun laughed but the laugh quickly turned into a hiss of pain; he writhed slightly in Yesung’s arms and KiBum knelt down next to Kyuhyun, examining the wounds. KiBum sighed and shook his head, Kyuhyun’s spine could be seen through the gashes; there were small fractures in his spine, they couldn’t risk moving him.

“Yesung-hyung we can’t move him, his spine’s exposed.” KiBum said softly.

                Kyuhyun hissed in pain as tears pricked at his eyes despite his best effort to stem the pain; KiBum sat down next to Kyuhyun’s head and cradled the youngest’s head in his lap.

“I—I don’t need your pity.” Kyuhyun hissed.

“I know but you need support right now, just think of it as my keeping your spine straight.” KiBum replied.

                Yesung flopped down next to the other two and Kyuhyun quieted, the pain becoming too much for him to handle and he passed out in KiBum’s lap; Yesung glanced down at the Maknae and then up at KiBum’s stoic yet worried face.

“You okay?” Yesung asked, gesturing to the blood coating the younger man’s face.

“…fine…” KiBum replied.

                Yesung reached over and touched the younger man’s upper lip, his small fingertips trailing over KiBum’s philtrum; KiBum stared at his hyung weirdly as Yesung wiped a rather large clump of blood off of the younger’s lip.

“What did you just do?” KiBum asked, staring at the other man in confusion.

“You had a lot of blood on your lip.” Yesung replied.

                Yesung turned away from KiBum and gazed out into the abyss.

“Where are we?” Yesung asked.

“Who knows? Maybe we’re dead.” KiBum replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HENLI IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE SHISUS!!! SOOOOO now that all of you are out of your panic enduced comas and most likely want to murder me, QUESTION TIME!!! So, who is the man who helped Henry? Where are Kyunnie, Sungie and Bummie? Are they dead? Or is this ALL Loki's doing? Any guesses? Hmm? Nothing? Eh...oh well. Love you guys!!! <3 I appreciate all of you and you guys leaving comments!! Next chapter is.........

~Key