Not Heartless

A Game of Chaos

 

SiWon and KangIn found themselves landing on sand, the impact knocking the wind out of them and breaking a few bones; both groaned in pain. A string of colorful curses left KangIn’s mouth as pain flooded through him; he’d landed on his front, his ribs took the brunt of the fall. He could hear the broken bones cracking as he tried to move; KangIn wheezed and coughed violently as he attempted to breathe. Warm blood rose in his throat; KangIn coughed and the red fluid bubbled into his mouth. He coughed again and more blood rose, overflowing and dribbling out of his mouth; blood began to drip down his chin. SiWon groaned in pain and KangIn turned to look at the man in slight worry; his eyes widened at what he saw. The tall man had landed on his back; his limbs splayed out awkwardly on the sand. KangIn attempted to push himself to his feet to aid the younger but his ribs protested violently. Every move he made caused what felt like liquid fire course through his body; the movement sent more blood to his lungs. The coppery taste settled in his mouth, causing him to gag as bile began to rise in his blood-coated throat. Tears pricked at his eyes as he fought through the pain to roll over on his back; he succeeded but became hyper-aware of the pain spreading through his torso. He looked over at the unmoving SiWon in worry.

“Won-ah?” KangIn called out, his voice thick with pain as he struggled to speak; worry laced his tone as he stared at his dongsaeng.

                A hiss of pain answered KangIn’s question; a weak groan passed SiWon’s lips after the hiss. KangIn looked at him in concern and sat up despite the throbbing in his broken ribs; he needed to help the younger man. To the best of his ability KangIn ignored the blood rising in his esophagus as he pushed himself to stand; his unsteady breath hitched as pain shot through him with every move he made. KangIn made it to his feet, teetering a bit as he tried to regulate his breathing; the rate of his pained breathing increased as he tried to take a step towards SiWon. Everything hurt. Despite his obvious pain KangIn continued his effort to reach his dongsaeng; an overwhelming sense of comradery engulfing him as he saw the younger man splayed out on the sand. He took one step, shuffling as he tried to approach the injured younger; KangIn hissed in pain with every breath he took, the walking making the pain much worse as pain pulsed through his veins. Another step, another hiss of pain and another curse mumbled under his breath; KangIn cautiously wrapped his left arm around his torso, cradling the broken ribs carefully as he neared SiWon. The younger man felt a hand touch his shoulder gently, his eyes cracked open in response; KangIn stood over him, eyes glistening with worry and a stern expression on his face.

“H-hyung?” SiWon whispered, voice cracking as he tried to speak.

                KangIn breathed as much of a sigh of relief as he could considering the circumstances and moved to sit next to SiWon; KangIn groaned in pain as he sat down. SiWon looked at him in concern, eyebrows raised as KangIn glanced him over. The older man settled himself next to SiWon and let out another groan and a pained chuckle.

“Remind me to hit you when you get up.”  KangIn said with a slight smile on his face.

“W-what are you?”

“ing hell SiWon, just shut up and rest.”

                SiWon stared at the man in total confusion, completely unsure of how to react to KangIn’s b ehavior; he settled for trying to move, which sent shocks of pain coursing through his body. SiWon let out a pained gasp and KangIn refrained from actually hitting the younger man as he noticed that he tried to move.

“Stop that you idiot! You landed on your back from up there!” He yelled as he pointed up to the barely visible cliff-face above them.

 KangIn regretted the action immediately afterwards, his lungs burning and filling with blood as he yelled. SiWon watched in startled horror as his hyung doubled over coughing, blood splattering onto his chin.

“Hyung?!” SiWon asked worriedly, his eyes never leaving KangIn.

                The older man waved him off, silently assuring the younger man that he was okay; SiWon stared at him in skepticism. KangIn’s coughing fit ceased and he looked at SiWon.

“Stop looking at me like that, I’m not dead yet. Now put your punkass to sleep so you can heal.” KangIn stated gruffly, concern lacing his tone.

                SiWon smiled at him knowingly and looked up at the sky above him.

“Sounds like you’re growing a heart, miracles do exist; thank you lord for giving KangIn-hyung a heart, and Teukkie-hyung.” SiWon spoke softly.

                KangIn stared at the younger in a mixture of horror and embarrassment; his cheeks tingeing pink.

“W-what the hell does Leeteuk have anything to do with anything?!” KangIn grumbled.

                SiWon beamed at him and chuckled.

“To put it simply, he made you give a .” SiWon replied.

“Bull, you’re just delusional.”

“Keep telling yourself that hyung.” SiWon said with a slightly pained chuckle.

                KangIn rolled his eyes and once again resisted the urge to hit the younger man.

“Punk…” KangIn muttered affectionately under his breath. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS~! It's me again! Sorry about the kinda strange update schedule, October's been a hectic month so far and I've had a lot of stuff to do. The chapter's a bit short but I hope y'all like it~! As usual any comments, questions, concerns, etc. are ALWAYS welcomed and make me feel special ^.^ Ummm...lets see...what else can I say? ....urm....well, there should be more interesting chapters coming up~! Special shout outs go to new and long time subscribers! You guys have helped me keep going with this story and I can proudly say that I consider this thing my baby~ And you guys, my lovely readers, are my drive to keep writing. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING~! Later y'all, new chapter soon-ish? ...maybe? Idk...DAMN YOU OCTOBER FOR BEING SO BUSY! >.<

~Key