Undecided

A Game of Chaos

 

SungMin woke to the sound of screams and sobbing. He sat up abruptly, mothering instincts kicking into high gear at the sounds. Henry lay beside him, still dead to the world; EunHyuk and DongHae nowhere to be seen. SungMin swore, cursing the two for leaving them behind. He got up and debated whether or not to wake Henry; he wanted the baby to sleep but didn’t want to leave him alone. The former nurse made up his mind, shaking Henry gently to wake him. The Chinese man grumbled incoherently and rolled over; away from SungMin. The man let out a sigh and tried once more but his baby remained stubbornly asleep. After one more try SungMin gave up, opting to leave the baby asleep.

“Henry-ah, put up a barrier while I’m gone okay?” SungMin whispered.

                An orange wave surrounded him, cocooning the young man within a sound pocket. Henry snorted and rolled onto his back, snoring softly. SungMin turned and left the sleeping male, determined to find DongHae and EunHyuk. He followed the sounds of the crying, walking down a muddy path to find DongHae laying in the muck. SungMin ran to the younger man dropping to his knees next to the man and pulling him into a hug. DongHae fought him at first, trying to shove the older man away.

“DongHae!” SungMin yelled, causing DongHae to flinch.

                The man looked up at his hyung with tearful eyes.

“DongHae…Hae what happened?” SungMin asked softly.

“…doesn’t matter…don’t matter.” DongHae whimpered.

                SungMin held the man tightly, something telling him that DongHae didn’t want to—nor was he going to—want to talk about it. EunHyuk watched the scene in disgust; the bunny had come to poor “Hae-baby”s rescue. He was hopeless, a lost cause. If DongHae wanted to die let him, why did he stop him? That was a question he should be asking himself. Why did he follow the broken man? EunHyuk didn’t know, didn’t really care. He turned away and began walking with determination, he wouldn’t turn back. He wouldn’t go to DongHae and SungMin, wouldn’t try to help; wouldn’t give in. He faltered as he went to take another step; he wanted to look back; to check on them. He could hear his pulse pounding in his ears at each beat that his unsteady heart made; a heart that should be frozen.

“Don’t look back. Never look back, only foreword.”

                The words echoed in his brain, rattling around in his mind but he couldn’t hear them; not over the sound of his beating heart. EunHyuk stared ahead, fighting with himself to maintain control; his composure. His brown eyes were watery, glistening with tears and unkempt emotions. A single tear slid down his cheek, spilling over and causing his eyes to sting. It had been so long since he had cried; showed emotion. The tear slid down his jaw and fell; he watched it as gravity led it to the ground. It hit the ground, landing in a puddle; causing it to ripple. EunHyuk shook his head, wiping at his eyes furiously to try and erase the presence of the tears; the raw emotion threatening to consume him. Everything around him began to freeze as his control slipped; his mask fell; the façade broken. The sound of cracking ice and water freezing echoed around him in the jungle; everything froze. Puddles, trees, even the rain itself froze. He felt his skin chill dramatically, his hands shook violently; he lifted them slowly to eye level. He saw his hands, screams rang in his ears and blood flashed on his hands. His eyes widened in fear as he stared at his hands, blood flashing on and off again on his hands.

                The scene changed, he was no longer in a jungle, found himself in a dark room; a room he recognized. He was in his living room, the rain beating down on the window panes, a rhythmic pattern echoing through the room. Briefly EunHyuk wondered what the hell had happened; did he imagine all of it? Did he imagine the game and the people he met? No, he couldn’t have. It was so real, so vivid. His head throbbed, pounded and pulsed with every tap the rain made on the roof. He looked around the room, trying to assert himself that it had all been dream; that this was reality. Everything was the same down to the picture of him and his dog, Choco, on the coffee table. The TV by itself; the lights flickered on and off. White noise echoed through the living room and the image on the TV rolled upward and simply continued to roll. Doors opened and closed, wind spun through his apartment and the sound of the rain grew exponentially in sound. The book on the sofa opened and the pages flipped by themselves, moving due to some unseen force; the pictures around the living room shattered, spreading glass along the living room. Thunder boomed and everything stopped, EunHyuk looked around totally confused. Everything was normal, nothing had changed. No glass, the TV was off, the lights were normal; EunHyuk pursed his lips in confusion. He shook his head, touched his temple lightly; he needed to lie down. He walked out of the living room and headed towards his bedroom, the headache was almost debilitating. He stumbled, tripping over his own feet; his arms splayed out in front of himself. EunHyuk was barely able to catch himself as he lurched forward; he hit the wall.

                EunHyuk slid himself upward, trailing his left hand on the wall as he kept walking; he needed to get to the bedroom. The last thing he wanted was to pass out in the middle of the hallway. He kept going, as he neared his bedroom he heard a woman’s scream. His eyes widened and he ran towards the bedroom; dizziness forgotten. He yanked the door open to his room and standing in the door way in shock. What lay before him made his heart stop, breath catch in his throat and blood run cold; horror was etched into his visage. A young woman lay on the floor, her body broken and bloody; head twisted at an unnatural angle. Her brown hair lay spread out around her like a halo, only to be ruined by a pool of warm blood. Her face was frozen, caught between a mixture of agony and fear; she had stared into the eyes of her killer. A man lay beside her, as dead as she; lifeless eyes staring ahead.  

“Hyoyeon!” EunHyuk yelled in panic.

                He ran to the girl, gathering her body into his arms. The area around him changed again, morphing once more; images flashed across his vision. Blood, screams and Hyoyeon falling to the ground just before being clubbed to death; each played in front of him, as if he was watching a movie. EunHyuk shook his head, ridding himself of the gruesome images. He tried to breathe, in and out; steadily. His breath however, came out in short puffs and he began to hyperventilate. He brought a shaky hand to his head, his vision blurring and zooming in and out. The image of the frozen jungle spinning around him as his balance began to fail him. He fell to the ground, head hitting the frozen floor and blacking out.

                Darkness pulled away from the group in the hospital, Loki doing the same and backing away from his captives. The man let out a disappointed sigh, looking over at the three men that he had been torturing in discontentment. Their blood had painted the walls, ground, even he himself; dripping down. The men’s bodies were limp, unmoving in their bonds. He had truly hoped they would last longer; his hopes had been too high. He had been at this for over three hours, and had been pleasantly surprised at the fact that Yesung; despite all of his injuries had been the one to last the longest. The man seemed to be determined to prove Loki wrong, about who he was and his status of “martyrdom” . Another factor contributing to his disappointment was the fact that the angel had not appeared. The angel had not come, perhaps the three had not screamed loud enough; clearly their screams had not been enough. This led him to his current predicament; he was bored.

                Loki shook his head and released his captives bonds. Each man dropped to the floor limply; the sound their bodies made as they hit the floor was wet. More blood splattered as the bodies landed in pools of crimson liquid. Loki turned away from them and without once glancing behind him he stepped into the void; the darkness surrounded him once more. He stepped out into what he had christened his “throne room”, the room of ivory, gold and silver greeting him and offering some comfort to his bored self. He walked over to the throne and sat, enjoying the feel of the cool metal and soft velvet. His thoughts took him, pulling him in deeply. What was he going to do? The torture had not worked, well, it almost did. He had felt the angel’s power amidst Kyuhyun’s screams. Loki began to idly tap on the gold finish of the throne; the clacking sound giving him some amusement.

“What to do? What to do?” Loki mumbled.

                He wanted the angel, wanted to hear him scream. The angel was so close, Loki could taste his power, yet the bastard wouldn’t grow some balls and confront him. Loki sighed. That man was confusing as all hell. He felt his conscience split, weighed his options. Loki could kill the angel, be rid of the man and end this all or he could break him slowly. KiBum had been right, psychological torture was often more brutal and effective than physical torture. However, as lovely as the angel’s screams would be he didn’t want it to end. Loki sat back, staring up at the ceiling; mentally tracing the gold patterns. Kill the angel and end the game, the blood, the torture, and most importantly the pain. Save the angel…what good would come from that?

                If he spared the angel, what would he do with the players? He couldn’t let them go back to the human—real—world; they would be far too broken. He had spent so long trying to end this but what would he do after it was over? Now that he thought about it, this bloodshed was all he ahd left; his only purpose. Purpose, why was this necessary? He knew perfectly well why and blamed the angel for saddling him with this burden. The bastard didn’t want to get his hands dirty, saw himself as better. Loki’s pensive gaze turned dark and angry. This was his fault, had left Loki to clean up his mess. He had enough of this; he wanted blood and a lot more of it. He wanted the angel dead at his feet, along with every man involved with this game. Then he would win. An idea popped into his head, he would get the angel here and the rest of those bastards as well; two birds with one stone. His eyes glowed black and he stood up, stepping into another void. He had a package he needed to pick up, more accurately needed to be delivered to him. This would work, but first he needed to dispose of Kyuhyun, Yesung and KiBum. He returned to the hospital, finding the men laying in the same positions he had left them in; lying in their own blood. He kicked Yesung, who lay on his right side, in the man’s ripped up abdomen; he screamed in pain and awoke.

“Wakey-wakey JongWoon.” Loki called.

                Another hard kick.

“Get your lazy up.”

                Yesung glared up at the man, breathing heavily and eyes squinting with pain.

“There he is! Hey there Cloud.”

                Yesung growled and Loki kicked him again causing Yesung to double over in excruciating pain.

“…you…” Yesung whispered venomously.

“H-hyung…God it hurts.” KiBum groaned in pain, waking as well.

                Loki turned to KiBum and smiled.

“Hey snow-white, just the man I wanted to see. How ya feeling?”

“Like hell thanks to you, er.” KiBum growled in reply.

“Good. Now get up.”

                Loki grabbed the psychic’s collar and pulled him up to his feet.

“You my dear snow white are going to help me.”

“Wha—?”

“I need you to contact someone for me.”

“What?”

                Kyuhyun moaned in pain, hacking up blood violently. In a heartbeat Loki’s vines encircled him, tightening on the broken body immediately.  He cried out in pain and Yesung tried to reach him, his wounds preventing him from reaching the Maknae.

“Do it or he dies earlier than he probably will.” Loki threatened.

“Fine.” KiBum spat out.

                He didn’t like this, that grin on Loki’s face was anything BUT good.

“Good.” Loki’s smile widened.

                The grip of the vines loosened around Kyuhyun; the male’s upper body lurched forward. He was panting heavily, crushed ribs and wounds making it hard for him to breathe normally. KiBum cast a forlorn and regretful glance at Kyuhyun before turning back to Loki.

“What do I need to do?”

“Simple, you are going to call Tiny for me.”

“Who?”

“You’ll see….”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah AFF you no longer donkey balls!  I say that because it peviously deleted ALL of my chapters for this story and I was gonna be hella pissed if it made me go through and re-upload EVERYTHING. Aish....anywhoo...... this chapter was gonna go up last night BUT nothing was working and then when the site came back online it freaking deleted everything..... Anyway, on a chapter related note. Any guesses as to who Loki's gonna have KiBummie "contact" for him? And poor Kyunnie is just being taken advantage of time and time again ain't he? First Loki screw with his brain, then mouth him, then screws with his brain again and then uses him as a bargaining chip......... Also, I personally have nothing against Hyoyeon, I don't know anything about her except that she's in SNSD, a dancer and has brown hair. I just kinda picked her at random........ urm....yeah....I have the next 3 chapters pretty much written/typed up. HOWEVER, my dad's coming home today and I haven't seen him in 2.5 months and we have a date with the TV, Italian soccer and in my case probably a thermometer and a barf bucket. Ummm...yeah, between my dad coming home and my being sick I might not be able to update in a while.... I'm probably gonna be either in bed or playing Halo while listening to my mother call the Scrabble game on the kindle a (yes this is a direct quote.) "Cheating bastard! You doucewaffle-mccunt-nugget! That is NOT a ing word! THAT IS SLANG YOU PIECE OF !" .....when my dad rages it is much worse....trust me....but see if you ever wondered where I got my raging from now you have an idea that it DOES in fact run in the family and I'm not just totally bat crazy. Anyway, comments are greately appreciated and I love you guys, we broke 3000 views and 90 subs!! Thank you to all of you guys and I would love to hear from you, the comments encourage me to try and crank out updates faster and keep things moving. Love you!

~Key

Ps. Incase you guys were wondering the title is indeed me failing at deciding on a title........ just ask Dobu....I have severe ISSUES when coming up with titles, writing is not a problem. Titling things, very much so.