Conscious

A Game of Chaos

 

DongHae shivered in SungMin’s grasp, trembling violently as he sobbed. He expected SungMin to leave him, to let him wallow in his misery alone and abandoned; yet the man didn’t.  The martial artist stayed by DongHae, even as the rain began to turn to hail SungMin didn’t even shift positions, merely held on to the weeping younger. Thunder boomed and DongHae whimpered. The older man rubbed soothing circles into DongHae’s back, trying to coax the man into calming down. SungMin found himself feeling ambivalent towards the cold of the rain and hail, as well as the boom of the thunder over head. He only found himself concerned with DongHae, concerned with giving the man the human contact he so desperately seemed to need. SungMin had never been good with that, sure he could give comfort but even in his profession he had always been awkward with the dying or weak patients. DongHae let out a weakened wail and SungMin swore, he knew if they stayed out in the rain for much longer they would get sick; possibly deathly so. Hypothermia and Pneumonia were total es and SungMin did not have the tools or the environment to treat it, he needed to get them out of the rain. SungMin swallowed his pride and began to wrack his brain for a way to speak to DongHae.

“D-DongHae umm….we need to get out of the rain. I know you don’t want to but…” SungMin tried nervously.

                DongHae nodded and blubbered some more, SungMin sighed and helped the man to his feet; wrapping an arm around the younger’s waist. SungMin knew he wouldn’t be able to mollify the man’s fears and sorrows completely but he would have to try. DongHae’s head needed to be in the game if he wanted any chance to survive and SungMin would not let the man die in front of him. He’d seen too much death already. SungMin led the man towards a nearby canopy; the tree’s foliage provided a net that reduced the amount of water pouring down on them significantly. DongHae flopped down onto the damp fallen leaves; throwing himself down. SungMin sat down next to him and DongHae looked up at him with big, brown, tear-filled puppy eyes.

“Come here Hae, its okay.” SungMin said, opening his arms enough for DongHae to wriggle in between them.

“M-Minnie Hyung…” DongHae whispered.

                SungMin smiled and resumed massaging DongHae’s tense muscles as his crying began to lessen.

“I’m here if you wanna talk about it.” SungMin said.

                Surely talking about it could help ease the younger right? Maybe he needed to know that someone was there for him in this hell hole. SungMin hoped that DongHae could confide in him, to help him to calm down.  DongHae looked up at SungMin and nodded lightly and SungMin smiled at him in return. DongHae seemed less tense; the muscles had been steadily relaxing under his grip since they had changed location.  DongHae closed his eyes and took a deep breath, listened to SungMin’s steady heart beat under his ear.

“DongHae, deep breath come on.”  SungMin instructed calmly.

                DongHae did as instructed and took a deep breath, SungMin smiled as he saw the younger relaxing more and more.

“M-Minnie hyung…y-you’re…” DongHae stuttered.

                SungMin silenced DongHae with a smile, trying to keep the man from continuing to damage himself by trying to speak. He wasn’t ready, judging by how he was acting DongHae had some sort of mental disease; SungMin guessed PTSD. Post-traumatic stress disorder could explain DongHae’s rather odd behavior and why he was so traumatized at the moment. Something had to have triggered this breakdown, SungMin was willing to guess that EunHyuk had something to do with it, but the bastard be damned SungMin needed to calm down DongHae above all else. DongHae shivered and moved closer to SungMin, he had an attachment to him. SungMin guessed DongHae was projecting his attachment to someone—most likely whomever had caused DongHae’s psychotic break—onto him. That DongHae was trying to stabilize himself by attaching false sentiment onto SungMin. The martial artist didn’t particularly care, knew it needed to happen and would be the best way for DongHae to calm down and stabilize. DongHae’s breathing evened out and his sobbing stopped, he pulled away from SungMin rubbing at his eyes. SungMin smiled at him and DongHae froze, gaze meeting SungMin’s. He reached forward, and SungMin raised an eyebrow as DongHae’s hand began to caress SungMin’s soft cheek. DongHae leaned in, lips ghosting over SungMin’s own plump ones. The older man recoiled in surprise, staring at the man in complete confusion and shock. DongHae looked at his hyung in sadness and pain.

“I’m sorry…I-I don’t know what came over me…I….I….” DongHae tried, stumbling over his words.

                SungMin brought a hand up to his lips, surprised at DongHae’s action. That he most certainly had not been expecting to occur.

“I…I understand if you want to leave me…I’m worthless…” DongHae spoke softly.

                SungMin watched the man carefully; unsure as to whether or not DongHae was truly speaking to him or to the person that was haunting him. He observed DongHae’s behavior surreptitiously, carefully analyzing him. DongHae’s eyes were glossed over, he was fidgeting and constantly switching between looking at him and down at his own lap. His composure was all over the place, like as if he was fighting himself.

“DongHae you aren’t worthless.” SungMin tried.

                He needed to establish what was bothering DongHae so much, what and who was haunting him. The man was staring straight past him as if he was afraid to look at the older man.

“You don’t mean that…but you love me right?” DongHae asked.

                SungMin wasn’t sure how to respond, his suspicions had been confirmed; DongHae wasn’t seeing him right now. Whomever DongHae saw instead of SungMin was special to him, yet it seemed to be the root of DongHae’s problems. SungMin’s silence seemed to cause DongHae more discomfort, which was not unexpected and the man’s gaze remained fixated on the leaves on the ground.

“DongHae, look at me.” SungMin tried.

“No…no it’s okay; even if you don’t love me…I still love you.” DongHae said calmly.

                DongHae snuggled closer to SungMin and closed his eyes, looking content. SungMin tensed up a bit as DongHae’s breathing turned rhythmic and steady. He wondered what was going through the other man’s mind as SungMin fell asleep as well; giving into the lull of the rain.

                KiBum stared at Loki in complete shock; he couldn’t believe what he had just heard.

“Excuse me what?” KiBum asked.

“You heard me Bummie-ah.” Loki answered with a smile.

                Loki’s vines slid around Yesung to restrain him, almost gently as if cradling the man. Loki knew he wasn’t a threat or anything but it was just for the principle of the thing. Yesung let out a soft groan and felt his conscience sliding in and out.

“You want me to…read your mind?” KiBum asked, repeating Loki’s earlier request.

“Well not exactly, but you’ve got the gist of it.” Loki replied.

                KiBum stared at the man like “what?” and raised an eyebrow.

“C’mon Bummie, take a peak.” Loki chirped, tapping the side of his head.

“B-but…” KiBum protested, trying to find a way out.

“Oh don’t worry Snow-white, I’ll steer you clear of certain bits of pertinent information.” Loki said.

“Why?”

“Why what?’

“Why do you want me to read your mind? I thought…”

“Jeez Bummie-ah! I thought you were supposed to be an evil genius!” Loki exclaimed in frustration.

                Loki flipped a chair upright from off the floor and sat down so he was eyelevel with the kneeling psychic.

“Listen, I want you to…convince someone for me. However you need to see who he is and certain other little bits of information.”  Loki explained calmly.

“But…”

“No buts, you need to go through my brain to make the contact. I need to know what you’re telling him before I go and show up.”

                KiBum nodded and closed his eyes, he knew that he was testing Loki’s patience by asking so many questions. Once his eyes were closed he encountered the similar strands of life force. Kyuhyun’s and Yesung’s were shining like pearls and Loki’s was equally if not more bright as the others. It was pure black and yet it shone like a beacon. KiBum reached out to it almost unconsciously, wanting to taste that power that shone clearly through each pulse. A surge of energy and power shot through him and he found his astral self in what looked like a padded hospital room.  Loki met him in the room, opening the only door in the room.

“C’mon Bummie, follow me.” Loki beckoned.

                KiBum followed obediently and they walked through what looked like a ward, screams were heard and echoed around the area. They were in a ward—hell—Loki’s mind was anything but normal, and KiBum hadn’t expected anything less. He wanted to get this over with, he just wanted to help his hyung and Kyuhyun and get the hell out of this game. Loki led him to a hospital room, a young man sat at a desk talking with two other men. Loki pointed to the one in the middle and smiled.

“Him.” Loki said happily.

“Him? But what are you going to do with him?”

“Don’t worry ‘bout it Bummie. He’s just an incentive.”

“You are one ed up son of a .”

“So I’ve been told.” Loki replied dryly.

                KiBum focused on that man, the one in the center and tried to make the connection, however there was a wall of power impeding him. KiBum’s astral self reached out to touch the wall only to be electrocuted. He recoiled and eyes shot open as pain flooded through his system and Loki swore.

“Damn angel always messing with my plans. Here, I’ll help you.”  Loki said.

                A surge of power raced through KiBum’s body and this time when he closed his eyes the barrier shattered, giving him free access to the man’s consciousness. He began to try and speak to the man whilst listening to Loki, completely aware of the man’s imposing presence behind him. KiBum could hear both of their thoughts; Loki’s were filled with an angel and vengeance. He knew that the man was planning something terrible, that soon an all out war was about to be raging. KiBum just hoped he would make it out alive before his own true colors began to shine through. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So! Glimmers of DongHae's back story, and Bummie's slight paranoia....well, I guess it's not paranoia when you know pretty much everyone's secrets in Hell. Not sure what more I can say here...pretty sure you guys don't want to hear me rant about bull that does not eprtain to the story at all....soo, I'ma cut this authors note quite short. Hope you like the chapter guys! Comment and sub please, it'll make me cheer up and be less pissed off and upset about that's going on in my life and hopefully will result in better chapters than this piece of ....anywhoo. Love you guys. 

~Key