Indestructible

A Game of Chaos

 

                Leeteuk cried harder, sobbing uncontrollably into his knees; his body shook, trembling like a leaf. A hand touched his shoulder gently and Leeteuk flinched, the sobs increased in volume and he shoved the hand away; a whispered “no” sliding past his lips.  The hand returned, relentless, this time finger tips tracing over his shoulder gently, a voice calling out to him; Leeteuk shoved the person away and took off in a blind run. Leeteuk ran, he knew it was pointless but he ran anyway, running for his life, his sanity and running away from his demons. He ran out of the room, tears streaming down his face as he did; he round a corner and collided with a warm chest. Leeteuk fell to the floor and curled into a whimpering ball, screams, blood and laughter taunting him. HanGeng looked down at the terrified older man that lay at his feet; RyeoWook came running down the same corner, looking panicked.

“Hyung! Thank God you found him…where’s HeeChul-hyung?” RyeoWook yelled as he ran over to them.

                HanGeng stayed silent but knelt down to the older man, his hand reaching out to Leeteuk. HanGeng’s hand touched Leeteuk’s shoulder the man let out a bloodcurdling scream of desperation.  At the sound of the scream HanGeng and RyeoWook both jumped backwards in surprise; HeeChul came running down the other side of the corridor. The feminine man dropped to his knees as he neared, doing a powerslide down the hallway; he gathered Leeteuk into his arms as he slowed to a stop.

“Teukkie…Teukkie….TEUKKIE! !” HeeChul yelle,d trying to get Leeteuk to respond.

                HeeChul’s hands rand through the other man’s hair, down his cheeks, brushing tears away with gentle caresses; HeeChul felt tears pricking at his eyes as Leeteuk didn’t respond, merely continued to sob. RyeoWook knelt down next to HeeChul and attempted to help the older man get the eldest to respond, to show them that he was awake, conscious. HeeChul looked up at HanGeng in despair, tears his eyes; HanGeng knelt down in front of Leeteuk. Once again he tried, reached a hand out to Leeteuk; his hand brushed against Leeteuk’s tearstained cheek and the older man’s eyes flew open. Leeteuk screamed at the sight of HanGeng and tried to run away; HeeChul and RyeoWook held him back, trying to calm the hysterical man.

“Leeteuk-hyung! Calm down, you’re okay! You’re okay!” RyeoWook yelled, tears had begun to spill out of his own eyes.

“JUNGSU!” HeeChul yelled.

                At the sound of his real name Leeteuk stopped struggling, he looked at HeeChul; his eyes red and puffy, tears streaming down his cheeks and let out a choked sob. Leeteuk reached out, shaky fingers touching HeeChul’s porcelain cheek hesitantly.

“He’s…coming.” Leeteuk whispered before the darkness took him once more.

                HeeChul stared straight ahead in horror, Leeteuk passed out in his arms and HeeChul’s brain stopped working; Leeteuk’s words echoing through his brain.  Zhou Mi ran down the hallway, long legs carrying down the stretch easily, he gathered the crying RyeoWook into his arms; the Chinese man looked up at HanGeng and HeeChul questioningly.

“Get him out of here Zhou Mi.” HanGeng said softly, it was a request, not a demand.

                Zhou Mi nodded.

“Yes sire, LiXu let’s get you out of here.” Zhou Mi whispered to the crying man.

                HanGeng watched them disappear and he turned his attention to the speechless diva and passed out diva; he ran a gentle hand over HeeChul’s back, trying to get his attention.

“No….no…how could this happen?” HeeChul whispered.

“HeeChul-ah?” HanGeng tried.

“How…how…Oh god.” HeeChul mumbled.

                HanGeng reached out to take Leeteuk from HeeChul’s arms but the feminine man slapped his hands away.

“Don’t take him; he’s been through enough already.” HeeChul growled angrily.

                HanGeng nodded and backed away, HeeChul raised a delicate hand and shooed HanGeng away.

“Leave, go back to the game.” HeeChul ordered.

                HanGeng growled under his breath, HeeChul dared to order him; the elder man met the younger’s angry gaze with a fierce one, and HanGeng did as instructed. HeeChul returned to Leeteuk, cradling the man in his arms, his hands caressing gently.

“What are we gonna do Teukkie?” HeeChul whispered into the unconscious man’s hair before planting a kiss on his forehead.

                Leeteuk squirmed in HeeChul’s arms; whimpering.

“Shhh, I’ve got you.” HeeChul cooed.

                From around the corner HanGeng let out a harsh breath, he ran his hand through his hair nervously; he walked away, heading back to the viewing room. The door swung open and revealed an arguing KangIn and SiWon; the men broke apart at the Chinese man’s entrance.

“What happened?” KangIn asked angrily.

“Leeteuk’s out for the count.” HanGeng replied stoically.

“He was in the game a second ago.” SiWon said frantically.

                A shocked expression settled on HanGeng’s face.

“What?! How?” HanGeng exclaimed in surprise.

“I have no idea.” KangIn exclaimed in exasperation.

                HanGeng debated telling the other two what he had overheard, but thought better of it; he himself didn’t understand it so how would they? HanGeng let out a sigh and his eyes trailed to the screen, DongHae and the others were running. An eyebrow raised what were they running from?

“What happened?” HanGeng asked.

“Huh?” SiWon turned, confused.

                KangIn turned as well and they stared intently at the screen, wondering what the hell had happened; half of the group was bleeding heavily. Kyuhyun was supporting KiBum, an arm around the elder’s waist as they ran; EunHyuk stumbled and hit the floor, only to be dragged up by SungMin as he ran by. They were still in the forest from what the observers could tell, but it morphed around them; plush greenery turning black, dead and dangerous. Trees turned into dead shadows of themselves, blood dripping down the trunk like sap, corpses swaying as they dangled from the branches; vines snapped at them as the group ran past. Something flew out from the shadows and tackled Yesung, knocking him to the ground; the man cried out in pain and he tried to get up. He pushed himself to his knees, his feet sliding out from under him; he tried to get away but something grabbed his ankle, dragging him back down again. Yesung let out a scream as he was dragged backwards into the darkness, clawing the ground as he did. SungMin turned around at the sound of Yesung’s screams; his eyes widening as he saw his hyung being dragged backwards, screaming as he did so.

“Yesung!” SungMin yelled frantically.

                The martial artist made a move to go back, to get Yesung as the older man’s cries grew weak and pained in the distance; EunHyuk grabbed SungMin’s arm, stopping him form throwing himself into the darkness.

“There’s no time, we’ve got to go!” EunHyuk yelled, pulling a protesting SungMin with him.

                Kyuhyun was the next to go, something flew over head and snatched him right up off the ground, thrashing as he went; KiBum fell to the ground without the support of Kyuhyun. The fire-user screamed as talons dug into his back, his blood dripping down onto the ground the others were running on. DongHae dropped down to a knee and tried to gather KiBum, tried to help the younger man but vines tangled KiBum’s body in an attempt to strap him down.  Electricity crackled around DongHae, he fought to control it, to manipulate it enough to fry the vines without harming KiBum. He struggled and KiBum glanced back, the darkness was gaining on him; the psychic knew that in his own heavily injured condition even if DongHae was able to control the unruly electricity the chances of him getting out of this were slim. KiBum focused his remaining energy on DongHae, a telekinectic blast forcing the older man back. DongHae flew backwards with more force than KiBum anticipated and he slammed into EunHyuk, knocking the elder man to the ground.

“OW! What the man?!” EunHyuk yelled at DongHae as he shoved the man off of him.

“It wasn’t me godammit!” DongHae spat back.

                DongHae got up and watched sadly as the darkness engulfed KiBum, and screams of pain echoed through the air; EunHyuk picked himself and DongHae followed the other man, running for their lives. Laughter boomed over them; that demented, evil cackle resonating over the screams of the fallen. Henry let out a cry of pain and fell to the ground, clutching his left leg in pain; long claw marks trailed down his leg, the deep gashes burning. SungMin ran to the other man and dropped to his knees attempting to help the injured man. Henry cried, screamed and writhed in unbridled pain as the gashes burned, bubbled and oozed. SungMin glanced back at the darkness; it was too close; he wouldn’t be able to get Henry up in time. His conscience tore at itself as a war raged in side his brain; if he left Henry he would be able to make it, but what would happen to the injured man? SungMin swore and made his decision, he stood up and shot a saddened glance over his shoulder; Henry looked up at him in pain and sadness, he was terrified and the older man could see it. SungMin bit his lip in hesitation.

“Don’t leave me…” Henry whispered.

                A sad smile tugged at SungMin’s lips; Henry clung to his hyung’s leg and SungMin’s hand moved downward.

“I wouldn’t do that, I’m not a douchewaffle.” SungMin said.

                SungMin moved quickly, he pulled Henry up roughly and wrapped a supporting arm around his waist; Henry’s arm slung over his shoulder and they began to hobble in a vain attempt to outrun the darkness. SungMin struggled under Henry’s weight, his own injuries making supporting the taller man hard; they stumbled but a second set of arms caught Henry’s other side, helping them along and easing the pressure on SungMin. The former nurse looked over questioningly, EunHyuk supported the other side. EunHyuk offered a pained smile and they moved a bit faster.

“We need to hurry.” EunHyuk yelled, and they moved faster.

                DongHae ran up to them, the left side of his face bleeding heavily; he looked behind them and swore.

“Hurry! Hurry!”  DongHae yelled, attempting to help the other men move faster.

“Get out of here Hae! We aren’t gonna make it!” SungMin yelled, attempting to get DongHae to leave, to save himself.

“Not without you!” DongHae yelled back.

                Henry collapsed and SungMin’s already weakened knees buckled both of them tumbling to the ground; EunHyuk fell as well, the weight too much for him to bear. DongHae dropped to his knees and attempted to help them, the darkness gaining on them. DongHae swore like a sailor as the darkness was almost upon them, creeping forward ominously. SungMin pushed DongHae away, yelling at the younger man to leave them and DongHae continued to refuse. Henry looked back at the wall of darkness and his eyes changed color; orange energy flowed out of his body.  SungMin’s eyes widened as a shield of orange energy wrapped around them, pulsing; the martial artist grabbed DongHae’s collar and pulled him down into the shield. The darkness over took them and the sound of wails, screaming and thumps surrounded them; Henry began to pant, he was using his remaining energy to protect the men that risked their lives to save him. His nose began to bleed, a slow trickle dripping out of his left nostril, the panting got heavier and SungMin turned towards the youngest; a second stream of blood began to drip from his right eye, tears of blood pouring out of the eye.

“Henry stop! You’re going to kill yourself!” SungMin yelled.

                EunHyuk sat up in time to witness the left eye begin to bleed and he rushed to Henry.

“Listen to your hyung kid, stop!” EunHyuk yelled, worry lacing his tone,.

                Henry shook his head, he had put them in danger so many times; he owed SungMin and DongHae his life, it was time to repay the favor. Henry sat up, pushed his hyungs away before standing; he was shaky but determined. He focused his will on the sound waves that pulsed off his body, reinforcing the barrier he had created; he would be damned if he let his hyungs die now. Henry let out a pained but determined cry and the barrier’s dimming light grew brighter; Henry saw lines appear in his vision, they were moving, transverse sound waves pulsing across his vision. He reached out to them, called them to him; his leg burned, throbbed and his knee gave out. The blood tears poured down his face, he wasn’t going to make it. He had failed those whom he wanted to protect. Then, he heard something; it was barely above a whisper but he could have sworn he heard it. His other knee buckled, and a thin stream of blood trickled out of his mouth, sliding through chapped lips; he heard it again, this time it was a little louder. His head bowed and he fell forward, barely supporting himself on his hands and knees; Mochi coughed, his blood splattering onto the ground wetly, his vision began to blur with the pain.

“A bit longer little one, just a bit longer”

                Henry’s eyes widened as he looked at the ground; that noise, it was a voice. A voice he had heard only once sliding into his brain, how did it know?

“Last a little longer, I know it hurts but it’s almost over.” The voice whispered in Herny’s ears.

                A song slid into Henry’s mind as the voice encouraged him that it would only take a little longer, Indestructible. He couldn’t be killed now; a fire set alight within him and his body pulsed, vibrated. Henry pushed himself up, his eyes glowing bright orange and the shield pulsed with him in beat to the song playing in his head. He would conquer this; he could last, even if it killed him.

“That’s it! You can make it; the power’s inside of you harness it.”

                The encouragement the voice gave him made Henry persevere, through the pain, through the dizzying bloodloss; he would stand strong. His chest heaved, up and down and the other three men watched in awe as the barrier expanded and pulsed with life; then, it shattered. A pulse of blinding orange light spread out through the darkness, with it the beat of drums and the sound of a guitar riff; the darkness dissipated upon contact, the sound waves pushing it back from whence it came. Henry dropped to his knees, his body functions shutting down, a grin plastered on his face; the hyungs rushed to attend to the Maknae, calling out to him and Henry’s eyes simply slid closed, he fell forward, face hitting the ground and vision blurring.

“You’ve done well little one. Sleep now, you’ve earned it.” The voice whispered.

                Henry’s eyes slid closed the image of a little bird staring at him and the sound of SungMin’s worried voice the last thing he heard as he drifted into a peaceful darkness. SungMin screamed Henry’s name, begging him, pleading for him to respond but was met with silence. DongHae began to cry, and EunHyuk teared up as well at the sight of the youngest, who sacrificed his life for them falling silent. The music stopped abruptly at the end of the song.

“Indestructible master of war.”  The song ended.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Okay...so I was literally fighting back tears as I wrote this....... HENRY!!!!!! *sobs* Baby Henry........ *sobs harder* I'm sorry...so so sorry....... I'm fully prepared for all of you to hate me for this rather sad update......and I am fully prepared for my death. POOR BABY HENLI!!!!!!! 

~Key