Hunted

A Game of Chaos

 

“H-Hyung?!” RyeoWook yelled, panicking as the hellhounds closed in on him.

                EunHyuk didn’t answer, trying to get the hellhound off of him; he struggled under its weight. The blonde man tried to focus, attempting to call the water to him; to manipulate it out of the air. Ice crystals began to form around him, but nothing large enough to aid him; he couldn’t keep his focus. The hellhound over him kept snapping its jaws at him, trying to bite his face off; its powerful jaws gnashing just centimeters above his head.  RyeoWook pressed himself into the tree trunk behind him, praying that they wouldn’t come closer; he wanted to disappear, melt into the tree trunk.  The hellhound closest to him threw itself at him; trying to eat him alive. RyeoWook squeaked and ducked the hellhound smashing head long into the tree; he scrambled out of the way, trying to reach EunHyuk. The other man rolled on the floor with the hellhound; trying to throw it off of him.  One of the hellhounds jumped on RyeoWook, sending the young man sprawling to the floor; the wolf like creature on his back. EunHyuk heard the man fall to the ground, and turned his head; distracted by worry for the younger man.

                RyeoWook was pinned down, the hellhound’s claws digging into his back; tearing through his shirt and into his skin. The man cried out in pain, blood beginning to drip out of his wounds; RyeoWook struggled under the beast, desperately trying to get free. The hellhound leaned over him, prepared to give the killing blow to his jugular; its warm saliva dripping onto the young man’s neck. EunHyuk’s eyes widened, as he began to struggle with new vigor under the hellhound that had pinned him down; trying to do something, anything to help the younger man. RyeoWook let out a strangled cry as he could feel the hellhound’s warm breath on his neck, fangs scraping against his skin; the creature snarled and opened its jaws. Just as it was about to clamp down on RyeoWook’s skin, rip out the man’s jugular vein something clicked; his skin glowed and the hellhound leapt off of him. The hound cried out in pain, howling relentlessly as it began thrashing; RyeoWook sat up, pushing himself to his feet. Hearing the hound’s cries the other two stopped their attack as well, looking over at their wounded pack mate. The hellhound thrashed as though it was having a seizure, began to froth at the mouth and its paws began to bubble; the smell of cooking and dissolving flesh emanated off of it. RyeoWook watched in horror as its flesh began to melt; clumps of fur, muscle tissue and skin melted away leaving only bone.

                EunHyuk took the hellhound’s momentary distraction as an advantage and threw it off of him, sending the creature flying over to the other two; he pushed himself to his feet and ran over to RyeoWook. He tucked an arm under the other man’s armpit, pulling the horrified younger man up by the arm and to him; RyeoWook’s eyes remained glued to the horrible scene in front of him. The hellhound’s body had begun to dissolve, hunks of flesh falling off of it; the hound screamed in pain as pieces of it began to bubble. EunHyuk wrapped his arm around RyeoWook to steady him, gently holding the younger to his chest; his lips hovered above the horrified man’s ear.

“Stay behind me.” He whispered softly.

                RyeoWook nodded and EunHyuk pushed the younger man behind him, keeping his body positioned in between the remaining hellhounds and RyeoWook. The melting hellhound continued to dissolve, its cries stopping as whatever had caused the melting had reached its lungs; blood splattering out onto the ground. The remaining hellhounds looked from their dying companion to the two men, snarling angrily; they left the dying’s side in favor of attacking the two men.  RyeoWook clung to EunHyuk’s back in terror as the two very angry creatures approached them, intent to kill shining in their blood red eyes, fangs bared. EunHyuk concentrated on the air around him, on drawing the water molecules to him; ice crystals formed around him. One of the hell hounds threw themselves at him, only to be met with a wave of razor sharp ice shards; the shards pierced through its chest, red blood turning the clear, crystalline shards pink. The hellhound fell to the floor, growling in pain; it lay on the ground, blood seeping out of it slowly. The shards had pierced its heart, leaving it to die a slow and painful death as they slid further into the vital organ; the remaining hellhound howled. RyeoWook closed his eyes, burying his head into EunHyuk’s back, preparing for the worst; however it never came. He felt EunHyuk’s hand touch his shoulder gently, almost hesitantly before shaking him roughly; RyeoWook opened his eyes and looked up at EunHyuk. The man was scowling at him; however his brown eyes shone with caring yet conflicted emotion. 

“They’re all dead.” He said gruffly, trying to get the younger man to let go.

                RyeoWook nodded silently in understanding and let go of EunHyuk’s shirt, he stepped away from EunHyuk looking back at the dead hellhounds.  The carcass of the first one was still dissolving, melting into a bloody puddle; RyeoWook looked away from the horrible sight. EunHyuk looked down at the younger man, trying to ignore the compassion that tugged at his heart; he sighed and shook his head gently.

“W-What d-do you think m-made it dissolve like that?” RyeoWook stuttered nervously.

                EunHyuk raised an eyebrow as the younger man turned towards him.

“You.” He spoke succinctly.

                RyeoWook’s eyes widened to near comical proportions and he looked back at the hellhound nervously.

“M-me? But I…”

                EunHyuk sighed again.

“It dissolved after it started attacking you, I didn’t even touch it; you’re a player.”

“N-No! I…I can’t be!” RyeoWook objected, shaking his head.

“You are, now get over it. You need to learn how to use your ability, whatever the hell it is, and fast; you’re not gonna have much time before you get attacked again. “

                RyeoWook nodded gently instead of arguing, a howl was heard in the distance; EunHyuk grabbed RyeoWook’s arm and immediately took off in a run. RyeoWook yelped and ran as well, the older man dragging him through the forest; the smaller man struggled to keep up.

“Where are we going?” He asked the older man.

                EunHyuk jumped over a fallen tree trunk, forcing RyeoWook to do the same; the younger man stumbled a bit. EunHyuk caught him and tried to stabilize him before looking around cautiously.

“Anywhere but here, didn’t you hear the howl?” EunHyuk answered.

“Well yeah but…” Another howl, closer this time.

                EunHyuk swore and glanced around, the sound of panting and running could be heard behind them.

“, we’ve got to move.”

                The older man grabbed RyeoWook once more and they started running once more; dodging tree roots, branches and rocks as best they could. Growls were heard behind them and adrenaline began to pump through their bodies; it became clear to RyeoWook why they were running. They were being hunted. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I know it's a short little chapter but it's important! ^ ^ So Wookie's power kinda sorta appeared, can anyone guess what it is? And what's up with Hyukkie? Hmmmm..... Well, the next chapter PROBABLY won't answer that but eh who knows, this story is pretty much writing itself at this point so anything could happen. *shrugs* Anywhoo, sorry about this chapter being so short, I'm working on getting a few other chapters ready and typed up so you guys have stuff to read while I'm gone. Also, I get a TON of writing done while I'm at camp (literally I filled up two 200 paged note books last time) so by the time I get back I will most likely have TONS of chapters for you! Ooh....I wonder if I can finish it while I'm there...... *muses* Anyway, I'm trying to get at least 4 chapters done (of decent length) before I leave and have Dobu upload them for you all. That way you guys can have an update a week! (Or whenever she has time) I love you guys and all the support you've given me and my story. Thank you so much ^.^ Remember comments and whatnot are always appreciated and they make me feel special and like I'm not a ty writer.

~Key