Peace of Mind in a Darkened Place

A Game of Chaos

 

“Shhh Teukkie…it’s not your fault.” HeeChul cooed.

                Leeteuk sobbed and nuzzled closer into his friend’s chest.

“No…no Chullie….my…all my…fault.” Leeteuk cried.

                The sobs increased in strength and Leeteuk began to hyperventilate; HeeChul swore, Leeteuk was beginning to have a panic attack. Leeteuk shook like a leaf in HeeChul’s arms, and the slightly younger man looked around for help; seeing nothing but a desolate hallway the man tried the only thing he knew would work.

“ZHOU MI!” HeeChul yelled frantically.

                The feminine man knew that the Chinese communications expert would be able to hear him, sure enough as Leeteuk’s condition worsened Zhou Mi replied.

“HeeChul-hyung? What’s going on?” The Chinese man said, he sounded panicked.

“I need you to get the baby down here NOW! Tell him to bring a paper bag!” HeeChul yelled.

“I’m on it.”         

                HeeChul returned his attention to Leeteuk, who had begun to mutter incoherently between sobs; HeeChul held his friend tightly.

“Leeteuk! C’mon, listen to me. It’s not your fault!” HeeChul said, trying to calm down the hysterical man.

“No!....no….Loki…my fault…blood…so much blood…” Leeteuk mumbled his reply in between sobs.

“Teukkie, listen to me! It’s not your fault, you have to let this go! Loki—“

                Leeteuk cut HeeChul off.

“Don’t!” The man sobbed.

                HeeChul opened his mouth to argue but the pitiful sight of the elder man staring up at him, tear stained puppy eyes stopped him; the angelic man held on to HeeChul’s shirt, in an attempt to ground himself in reality. HeeChul’s eyes widened and he swore like a sailor as he realized that Leeteuk’s consciousness was slipping back in to oblivion, back into Loki’s twisted and demented grasp; Leeteuk sobbed, and brought a hand to his chest clutching at it in pain.

“HeeChul-hyung!” A voice yelled.

                HeeChul turned, his head snapping towards the voice; a man ran towards him, holding the paper bag over his head. The man ran towards him and HeeChul silently thanked God, not that he believed in it anyway; the man dropped to his knees next to them and handed HeeChul the bag.

“Thanks Wookie, keep him focused. He’s slipping.” HeeChul said, taking the bag.

                RyeoWook nodded, and began trying to engage the slipping Leeteuk; HeeChul placed the bag on Leeteuk’s panting mouth, he held the bag in place.

“Breath Teukkie, c’mon, in and out that’s it.” HeeChul instructed softly.

“Leeteuk-hyung, deep breaths; you can do it.” RyeoWook coached.

                Leeteuk breathed, in and out as RyeoWook and HeeChul attempted to coach him out of the dark recesses of his mind. Tears still flowed from his eyes, the broken shell of his psyche fracturing more as Loki’s laugh rang through his ears.

“No, no no…Teukkie, look at me.” HeeChul said, gently brushing the hair away from Leeteuk’s face.

                Leeteuk looked up at his dongsaengs, hopelessness and despair written in his chocolate brown eyes; RyeoWook smiled at him in comfort and HeeChul hugged him. Slowly the sound of Loki’s laughter faded away, leaving only the sound of his deep breathing; in and out, in and out Leeteuk breathed, his sobs stilled. He took one last deep breath before tapping HeeChul’s wrist gently, silently instructing him to remove the bag. HeeChul removed the bag with a wary smile, and Leeteuk leaned back; his head resting against HeeChul’s chest.

“I’m….okay…for now.” Leeteuk breathed.

                RyeoWook nodded.

“Hyung, do you feel okay? Light headed? Nausea? Anything?” The youngest asked.

                Leeteuk shook his head.

“No…it’s gone now.” The eldest said breathlessly.

“Teukkie...I’m worried about you…I know it’s him but…” HeeChul started.

                Leeteuk shook his head.

“No HeeChul…I have to do  something…you don’t know him, like I do. After all he’s—“

                Leeteuk’s statement was cut off by the sound of cheers from the viewing room.

“Leeteuk-gege…” Zhou Mi’s worried voice came on over head.

“I’m fine Zhou Mi. What happened?” Leeteuk asked.

“Gui Xian torched a pack of hell hounds…quite impressively…and HyukJae—oops, I meant EunHyuk—and KiBum made their way through the jungle, no encounters with him.” Zhou Mi answered.

“We…we should get back.” Leeteuk said, trying to get up.

“Oh no you don’t, we’re getting you to the infirmary.” HeeChul said.

“But I have to...” Leeteuk trailed off.

“No, you don’t. Wookie, take him to the infirmary and make sure he gets some rest.” HeeChul said, standing up.

                RyeoWook nodded and Leeteuk stared the younger man down in disapproval.

“I’ll look after them Teukkie…they are my babies too you know.”  HeeChul said with a smile.

                RyeoWook helped Leeteuk to his feet, stabilizing the older man with an arm around his waist; Leeteuk watched HeeChul leave, his eyes following the other man’s movements solemnly.

“He’s right you know, he cares about you and every player in there. He just doesn’t show it often.” RyeoWook commented.

                Leeteuk nodded.

“You’re right Wookie…” Leeteuk said as he yawned. “Maybe I do need that nap after all.”

                RyeoWook nodded and began leading the elder man towards the infirmary.

“Look after them Chullie…don’t let him do more than he already has...” Leeteuk whispered under his breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, soooo exhaustion won and I ended up staying home today since I was physically ill from the insomnia and other stuff....so....since I'm confined to my bed today I though I might as well be semi-productive and update! Haha, sorry the chappie's short and a tad crappy/filler-y but...ummm..yeah.... I thought it was better than nothing! ...I think.....I hope.......um yeah....soooo.......comment please! <3 Give the very exhausted Key a little confidence boost <3 hehe. But anyway there is prolly gonna be another chapter uploaded today, and if I'm home again tomorrow then there should eb another one there too. But yeah, that's about it. Love you guys,

~Key