One After the Other

A Game of Chaos

 

A/N: Hey guys, yes there is a brief author's note on the top of this chapter, it's just to let you know I added about a sentance (a key sentance! haha) to the end of the last chapter so you prolly wanna read that.....ah hell I'll just put it in at the top here in a different font so you can tell. See you at the bottom of the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The silence was disturbing to both males; slowly SungMin let go of DongHae and stepped out, he glanced around even though he couldn’t see anything. The sounds were gone, but even so the feeling of unadulterated fear had not left them. SungMin held out a hand to DongHae.

“Come on, I think its safe…” SungMin said.

As SungMin stepped away from the wall a set of long, thin hands wrapped around his neck; the hands were freezing and taloned.

SungMin's eyes widened and he was backwards into the wall behind him. DongHae squeaked at the sound of the impact SungMin's body made with the wall; the hands around SungMin's neck tightened and the elder male felt his air supply be cut off. His hands flew to the ones pinning him to the wall by the neck; he clawed at them, trying desperately to relieve the pressure before he was choked out. DongHae drew his swords and attempted to attack SungMin's assailant only to get tackled to the ground before he could do anything to help his hyung.

A wraith-like creature sat on his chest; black, soulless eyes stared down at him. Its long bony fingers pinned his arms down; the creature let out a groan sounding much like the one from earlier. It opened it's mouth and glistening fangs greeted DongHae; the young man struggled under the grip of the thing as it leaned towards him. The whispers returned; defining him as the wraith approached, DongHae could vaguely hear SungMin swearing breathlessly as his life had begun to leave him. DongHae took a deep breath and focused on HeeChul and Leeteuk's words; as the wraith's face inched closer to his the man mustered as much strength as he could and bucked his hips to the side. The creature was shaken off at the action and DongHae scrambled to his feet as the creature was on the ground; the man delivered a quick slash to the wraith, it cried out in pain as it's thin, sickly pale body was hacked in half by the blow. Immediately afterwards DongHae ran to SungMin, who had passed out In the wraith's clutches; the older male's hands swung downward as he lost consciousness.

DongHae went to attack the creature, raising his swords to deliver the death blow; an icy hand wrapped around his ankle, DongHae cried out in pain as it froze the leather to his skin. The hand jerked him backwards, causing the swords to fall from his hands as he tried to steady himself. DongHae tried to struggle as the hand pulled him to the floor; another hand wrapped around his torso, giving the creature more leverage over him. DongHae swore profusely as he hit the ground; he was laying on his back and could see SungMin's pain-filled face as the wraith steadily began to drain the life-force from him. The second wraith drew upon him, crawling up his body like some sort of twisted lover would; its freezing hands chilling him to the bone with every little contact. Suddenly the sound of music echoed throughout the tunnels; the sound waves reverberated off of the walls and became louder with every passing second. DongHae's eyes widened as he remembered the sound, the very same that had dropped him and SungMin to the floor earlier; DongHae cringed, waiting for the pain but it never came. Instead the wraiths cried out in pain, both letting go of the men in favor of clapping their hands over their ears and wailing; SungMin's body sunk downward to the floor limply. The wraiths screamed and moaned in pain as the sound intensity increased; DongHae took the opportunity to throw he wraith off of himself and scramble over to SungMin's limp body. As he reached it he watched the wraiths explode into clouds of black smoke; he was hyperventilating and he knew it. Where did the noise come from? This question floated in and out of DongHae's mind as he began to tend to SungMin; the former nurse was out cold, and DongHae gathered the man into his arms. The younger began checking vital signs, once he was sure SungMin was indeed only unconscious he let out a sigh of relief; he knew he could not stay there though, they wee venerable to attack especially with SungMin in dream land.

The younger man hoisted SungMin up onto his back and stood up; DongHae groaned as he stood up, SungMin was a lot heavier than he looked. The tired man began walking, his thoughts constantly returning to the mysterious sound; as he walked violin music began playing, soothing him as it accompanied him through the tunnel. A light appeared up ahead, DongHae nearly ran to it; the music sounded clearer now, as he approached the end of the tunnel. He stepped out into the light; squinting his eyes closed at the sudden brightness. He was outside, standing on a sand bank; he could hear the sound of crashing waves in the distance. The music circled him, materializing as a series of musical notes; the notes floated around him, as they did a barrier formed separating him and his passed or companion from the rest of the dangerous world. DongHae recognized the composition, he couldn’t quite remember the name of the song though; DongHae put SungMin down on the sand, deeming them out of immediate danger. The older man’s body was still limp, but DongHae noticed that his injuries had begun to fade; the music continued to play before coming to a sudden stop, the barrier shattered and left them alone and unprotected at the exit of the tunnel. SungMin groaned besides DongHae as he came to; the older man gingerly touched his neck, remembering vividly the icy touch of the wraith. DongHae offered SungMin a hand, which the older man took; the younger pulled the older to a standing position and held him up right.

“Thanks, guess we’re even now huh?” SungMin spoke hoarsely.

            DongHae shook his head.

“Wasn’t me, the noise came back saved both our asses.” DongHae replied.

            SungMin raised an eyebrow.

“Huh? But…” SungMin muttered in confusion.

            The older man looked around at their surroundings, and could barely see what looked like an ocean to his left. Glancing down he noticed footprints in the sand leading over to it; SungMin tapped DongHae’s shoulder and pointed at the footprints.

“You think?” DongHae asked.

“There’s a very slim chance, but at least they aren’t giant paw prints of something that’s probably going to kill us.” SungMin answered.

            DongHae shrugged and the pair began to follow the foot prints; they hobbled along the sand dune, every once in a while glancing around. The music returned, leading them down the sand bank; the environment was desert like, every once in a while they would pass a palm tree. The music and footprints led them down to shore; SungMin and DongHae nearly hurled at the sight that greeted them. The water was blood, limbs and corpses of past players floating in it. SungMin moved away from DongHae and doubled over, puking into the sand; DongHae fought down the urge to vomit as well and looked away from the bloody shore-line. The sounds of SungMin throwing up ceased and DongHae looked over to his hyung; SungMin wiped his mouth on the corner of his hand and was panting. The splash of the bloody surf hitting the shore and the music drowned out SungMin’s heavy breathing.

“Hyungs! Hyungs!” Henry’s voice yelled.

            DongHae and SungMin immediately snapped to attention, looking around for the younger man. Henry was running across a sand dune, heading towards them; with the appearance of the youngest the sound of music grew stronger and more melodious.

“Henry!” DongHae yelled happily.

            The youngest smiled and ran to the older men; DongHae pulled Mochi into a hug and SungMin smiled weakly.

“Where the hell did you go?” DongHae asked Henry.

“Ahh…well…you see….after you guys passed out the music, it wouldn’t stop. These notes were floating around me and then I kinda freaked out…I ran….the notes followed me and…and…..I’m sorry for leaving you!” Henry explained all in one breath.

            Henry bowed to the elder pair, feeling guilty for leaving the passed out two; he was terrified as soon as he left the cave, afraid that he had left the pair that had saved him to die. However as soon as he exited the cave the music had stopped and he found he could control it; the sound waves that had knocked out the elder men were from him, he could manipulate the sounds and control them. It had scared the living hell out of him at first, but now that he thought about it and had used the sound to save the older pair he felt more comfortable about it.

“Henry…HENRY!” SungMin yelled trying to get the attention of the younger who had lost himself in thought.

“Huh? Wha?” Henry said absentmindedly.

“Thought we lost ya there.” DongHae said.

“Ahh…sorry about that…” Henry said sheepishly.

“Henry…do you have anything to do with this music?” SungMin asked.

            The music around them had gotten happier and more jovial as Henry’s smile grew; the music notes had even materialized. A childish grin erupted on DongHae’s face; he tapped the swirling music notes and watched as the popped. He chuckled and continued with the childish act until SungMin smacked him upside the head. DongHae pouted at the hit, and glared at the older man through his bangs.

“Focus! Aish, children these days…anyway…Henry?” SungMin sighed.

“Ah…ummm yeah…sorry, I kinda caused you guys to pass out…” Henry said guiltily.

“What did you do?” SungMin asked.

“Umm…I dunno how to explain it…I just thought about it I guess?”

“Hmm…DongHae! Will you stop glaring at me like that?” SungMin scolded.

“No…wait…Henry! Can you control what music plays?” DongHae asked, a huge grin breaking out on his face.

“Umm….yes?” Henry answered.

“Oh! Oh! Play…umm…..Chu!” DongHae chirped.

“Really DongHae? Really?” SungMin sighed.

            The music around them changed to the f(x) song and DongHae’s smile grew larger; SungMin whacked the younger man once more and shot Henry a disapproving glance.

“Ah…hehe…sorry…I’ll turn it off.” Henry said sheepishly, backing away from the annoyed martial artist.

            The music ceased to play and DongHae pouted; the sound of lapping waves now the only noise accompanying them. Henry smiled at his hyungs and DongHae smiled as well; the trio’s reunion was cut short by the sound of something rising out of the bloody surf. The three turned to look at the surf, a hulking blood drenched mass rose out of the “water”. The blood flowed off of it and the men watched in horror as it began walking towards them, on foot after another. It approached them slowly, and the trio backed up; DongHae fell on his and began crawling backwards in the sand. Henry and SungMin pulled him up by the arms and ran backwards as the thing stepped out of the bloody water. The creature had massive hulking arms, reminiscent of a gorilla’s arms, and the tentacles of an octopus. At the end of each tentacle was a snake’s head, snapping and hissing at them as each tentacle moved. Bloodied seaweed hung in front of its face, its beady black eyes shining from behind the plants.

“Holy !” SungMin exclaimed.

“You can say that again…” Henry yelled.

            The creature opened its mouth and let out a roar; rows of scraggly, razor sharp teeth appeared as the seaweed moved with the force of the roar. The thing hunched over, and jumped at them; the three rolled out of the way, each rolling off into different directions. Each man scrambled to their feet and out of the blood-stained sand; the creature roared at them once more, its beady eyes shifting from one man to another. SungMin felt both his palms glow; twin tiger head hooks appeared, one in each hand. The man got into a fighting stance as DongHae drew his swords; Henry glanced at the two men and then the monster that stood before him; Mochi shrugged and opened his palms, preparing himself to attempt to control the volatile sound waves. The creature lunged at Henry first, deeming him the smallest threat; as the creature headed for him it was blocked by a wall of sound. It crashed head first into the sound barrier and the sound materialized as orange transverse waves emanating off of the man. The creature let out a pained yell as the sound waves intensified around it; sensing the peril the thing jumped backwards, heading for DongHae. The fish rolled out of the way as it landed where he previously stood; SungMin converged on it, slashing and hacking fluidly with the twin hooks. DongHae recovered and set to work as well, moving less fluidly than SungMin but he was still just as effective. Henry made the sound wrap around the creature, the sound wrung out rattling the area around it.

            Henry’s sound waves sent the creature flying back as the intensity of the vibrations blew off a part of its torso. The creature yelled in pain and swung one of its meaty arms at DongHae. The hit connected with DongHae’s abdomen and the man cried out in pain as he was flung away from the battle. Henry was the next to take a hit, not managing to protect himself with a sound barrier in time as a fist hit the ground in front of him; the shockwaves sent him flying backwards, skidding in the sand as he flew. SungMin backed up as the beast turned to him; his dongsaengs were lying on the floor, on opposite ends. He had to protect them while they recovered,  he prepared himself; he supposed he could attempt to conjure more than a sword like he had been, but he wasn’t sure how much of a toll it would take on his body. The martial artist took a deep breath and lunged at the creature; the adrenaline was flowing through his veins, making him move faster than before. He slashed at the creature; the thing swung at him and SungMin flipped over one fist and landed on the other. He ran up the creature’s arm and dodged as it tried to hit him; the martial artist connected a few hits on the creature’s shoulder before getting grabbed by the other hand. The thing ripped him off of it and flung him across the beach like a rag doll; SungMin hit the ground and groaned as the sand got into his cuts. The thing converged on him, and SungMin glanced from side to side; Henry was attempting to get to his feet but was too far away to help his hyung, whereas DongHae was holding his ribs as he struggled to breath. He coughed wetly, blood splattering on to the sand as he did. SungMin swore and struggled to back up, getting thrown like that hurt like hell and he couldn’t quite find his footing.

            The beast walked towards him, stalking him as he lay on the ground weakly; the sound of two fingers being snapped together rang out over him. The beast lit on fire, the eerie onyx flames engulfing it; the thing struggled and attempted to put the fire out.  SungMin looked up, a smirking young man met his visage.

“Need some help?” He asked, smug smirk on his face as he watched the flames burn the creature.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Welcome back long time no see! Haha, jk jk. So umm yeah, that's chapter 6! Who do you think SungMin's savior is? Any guesses? Hmmm? Haha, hope y'all liked the chapter. As usual I wanna thank everybody who checked out this fic, and subscribed I love you all. As before I wrote this chapter at two in teh morning, while playing Amnesia....I've established i clearly have some sort of suicidal tendancy for doing so.....anyway, I love you all and I love writing this story so I'm trying to get you guys as many updates as possible with out giving filler chapters (cause I hate those things). Thank you for sticking with me and I'll see if I can update before Wednesday but idk if I can because I have a lot going on on Tuesday with school and I'm supposed to be teaching Krav tomorrow at my studio. As per usual, comments are appreciated and encourage me to update faster. Love you guys,

~Key