Changing Tides

A Game of Chaos

 

                Leeteuk stared at Loki’s retreating form in bewilderment; his shock regarding the other’s decision was obvious.  Loki had never backed down from a fight, never shied away; the man had never walked away from an opportunity to torture the angel. Leeteuk was in shock. The angel blinked a few times as he began to hear echoes of the other man’s words rumbling through his head.

“You can’t run from your guilt forever Teuk.”

                Over and over again the message played, each time with increasing volume. Images began to flash across his vision, scenes dancing in front of him; images of blood, gore, death and sorrow played through his mind. Leeteuk’s eyes widened in shock as he realized what he was witnessing; the familiarity of the scenes and the pain in his heart was all too real. His hands flew to his head as the images grew increasingly violent, he clutched desperately at his head in an attempt to rid himself of the graphic visuals. Tears began to prick at his eyes and his head began to throb dully, the slight sting and throbbing paling in comparison to the pain he was witnessing; the pain caused by his own hand. The angel fell to his knees, tears streaming down his cheeks; a weak sob rocked his paling frame; a broken whisper left his lips as the abyss surrounded him.

                DongHae let out a startled yelp as darkness engulfed him suddenly; the man looked around in confusion, seeing nothing but darkness. DongHae stood still for a moment, thinking back to just a few seconds prior, he couldn’t remember doing anything that would result in him being in the current situation. All he had done was run after Henry. DongHae paused in his thought as he thought about the younger man, confusion etched across his face; the young violinist had said something about not trust HeeChul and HanGeng before he stormed off into the forest.  Henry had yelled about HanGeng having killed his sister as SungMin tried to calm him down, nothing had worked. The youngest had run off, presumably after HanGeng, and DongHae ran after him; he’d heard a scream of pain, and then nothing. Panic surged through his body; adrenaline began to pump through his veins. His breathing became heavy and uneven.

“DongHae? DongHae-ah?!” SumgMin called out in the darkness.

“Minnie-hyung!” DongHae yelled automatically in response to hearing the older man’s voice.

                DongHae waited for the response, his thoughts getting increasingly dark with every passing moment without response. Silence surrounded him. Suddenly he felt something slam into his chest, knocking him forcibly into the ground. The wind pushed itself out of his lungs, electricity sparked around him; the small sparks providing brief illumination in the darkness. A heavy mass sat on his chest, the weight of the thing crushing DongHae’s lungs slowly. The man heard a low chuckle in his ear, hot breath on his neck; fear coursed through his body.  He began to struggle under the thing’s weight, he needed to get out from underneath it.

“Did you miss me DongHae?”

                DongHae froze as he heard that voice, a voice he recognized all too well; he broke out into a cold sweat as his breath hitched in his throat. A hand wrapped its self around his throat, DongHae stared up into the darkness in fear.

“I told you I’d come back for you Hae~ Did you miss me?”

                His fear kept him in place as the hand started to tighten around his throat; the grip was tight and unforgiving as it squeezed his trachea.

“You’re worthless DongHae, I told you once and I’ll tell you again; you’re a worthless .”

                The hand tightened; DongHae began to cough and splutter as his airway was cutoff.

“You disgust me, you don’t deserve to live.”       

                Air continued to leave his lungs, his airway completely constricted as he began to asphyxiate; his lungs burned from lack of oxygen.

“I love you DongHae, now burn in hell where you belong.”

                Blind rage consumed DongHae suddenly, power flowed through his veins and electricity shot off of his body. A cry of pain echoed out through the darkness, the smell of burning flesh surrounded him as lightning shot off of him. The pressure on his chest ceased the hand around his throat gone and DongHae was free to move; immediately he shot up, swinging blindly at the darkness.

“I deserve to die?! You bastard!” DongHae screamed, tears beginning to roll down his cheeks.

                The sound of lightning crackling, bones breaking and screams of pain rang through DongHae’s mind, the sounds only fueling his rage.

“I hate you! I ing hate you! How could you do this to me?!”

                Anger pulsed through his body, as he continued to beat the mass in front of him bloody; tears poured down his face as he screamed obscenities at the mass; electricity fire off of him in bolts, striking anything within range.

“DongHae!” SungMin’s horrified yell broke through the screams of pain.

                DongHae felt hands on his arms, trying to pull him back and away from the thing that lay at his feet, broken and dying at his feet. DongHae batted at the hands grabbing him, trying to continue his assault; rage consuming him.

“Hae-hyung…” The broken whisper snapped him out of his trance.

                DongHae stared down at Henry’s body at his feet; the sickening smell of blood and sizzling flesh surrounded them.

“Oh god…Henry…I didn’t…” DongHae whispered, immediately dropping to his knees to gather the younger man into his arms.

                Henry stared up at him; blood pouring down the side of his face, burn marks littered his body. The violinist’s mouth opened and closed, the youngest struggled to try and form words; DongHae cradled the maknae’s body to his, crying as he tried to sooth the younger man. SungMin knelt next to him, crying as well, as he reached for Henry.

“H-hyung…” DongHae blubbered; looking at SungMin with pleading eyes as the life slowly began to fade out of Henry’s.

                SungMin averted his gaze, the disgust at DongHae’s actions evident on his face. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sup? Sup sup? Hey guys~ So I'm aware a lot of you are probably gonna hate me for this chapter as it is kinda confusing and is rather...drammatic.  So, slight backstory revelations in this chapter, and no, they really AREN'T happy in the slightest....yes I know poor baby Henli's taken the brunt of pretty much all the damage at this point and it makes me rather sad... I promise everything happens for a reason though. I DO love baby Henry and this scene with DongHae serves a greater purpose...wow I sound like some cult leader or something...ANYWAY~ Any guesses backstory wise? Got any questions, comments, or rude remarks? Lemme know in the comments below~ I love all you guys~! Thanks for being faithful to the story despite my irregular updates! <3

~Key

PS. HAPPY HALLOWEEN~!