Caving In

A Game of Chaos

 

EunHyuk and RyeoWook plummeted towards the bottom of the chasm, each man trying to find something to grab onto; each coming up with nothing. They hit water, the sudden impact knocking all the air out of their lungs; they sunk deep into the water. RyeoWook recovered first, looking from side to side to try and find EunHyuk. The older man struggled in the water, flailing about frenetically as he gasped for oxygen; he’d never learned how to swim. The younger man swam over to him, grabbed one of EunHyuk’s arms and began pulling them to the surface; EunHyuk gasped as the last of his breath left his lungs. RyeoWook kicked with all his might, trying to propel both himself and his drowning hyung to the surface; after what felt like an eternity their heads broke the surface. Both gasped for air, spluttering and coughing as they tried to keep their heads afloat; both men trying to inhale as much oxygen as possible, to fill their burning lungs. RyeoWook swam blindly, the bottom of the chasm they fell in was near pitch-black; the only light filtered in from above. The water became shallower as he swam on; the two stumbled onto a bank, hitting rocks. EunHyuk fell to the ground, wheezing and gasping; RyeoWook did the same. Both struggled to regain their normal breathing patterns while lying on the rocky beach. EunHyuk coughed violently before flopping down on his back next to RyeoWook.

“Thanks…I owe you one.” EunHyuk said in between deep breaths.

“A-actually, that was my paying you back; for dropping you I mean.” RyeoWook replied, equally as breathless.

“Yeah…that hurt like a .”

                RyeoWook chuckled in reply, wincing slightly as he did; laughing hurt.

“Sorry bout that…” The younger man apologized.

                RyeoWook pushed himself up into a sitting position, grimacing as he did; the impact of the water had left his body bruised all over. EunHyuk sat up as well, groaning as he forced himself to sit up; the older man looked over at RyeoWook.

“So what exactly did I miss when you threw me off a cliff?” EunHyuk asked.

“I didn’t throw you off a cliff! …I just dropped you…”  RyeoWook protested vehemently.

                EunHyuk laughed outright.

“Alright, since you dropped me? Happy now?”

RyeoWook sighed before answering: “Well…you didn’t really miss anything…” RyeoWook said sheepishly, trying to avoid the current conversation. He didn’t want to tell the older man about his newfound power, nor the extent of devastation it caused. EunHyuk raised an eyebrow at the response and flopped back down on his back with a groan.

“Everything ing hurts…” He mumbled.

                RyeoWook looked up at the small rays of sunlight that filtered into the chasm; the rays illuminated small areas of the water, making it glow. There was a rumble from underneath them, nearly uprooting the pair as the earth began to shake.  Both men jumped up, ignoring the protests their bodies made as they scrambled to their feet. The pair exchanged horrified looks as bits of rock began to break off of the cliff side and fall towards them. 

“We need to get out of here!” EunHyuk yelled.

                RyeoWook nodded in agreement and EunHyuk grabbed the younger man’s wrist; the pair broke into a run, sprinting blindly into the cave that lay behind them. The cave was pitch black but the persistent rumbling and falling rock pushed them forward; RyeoWook stumbled in the darkness, nearly falling as his left foot hit a rock. EunHyuk caught him before he could fall, catching the younger man and pulling him foreword simultaneously. The ceiling behind them crumbled as they ran, tons of rock falling down onto the pathway as they pressed forward; both men tried to keep themselves up right as the shaking got increasingly worse. A large rock detached itself from in front of them, trapping the pair in between falling rocks.

“!” EunHyuk swore, looking around for a way out.

“We’re trapped hyung! What do we do?” RyeoWook yelled in panic.

                Loki’s laughter echoed out around them as more rocks began to fall; RyeoWook and EunHyuk’s survival instincts kicked in. Panic mixed with fear and fear mingled with adrenaline to make them react desperately; they fought to survive. The two ran to the wall closest to them, banging on it hopelessly in an effort to try and break the rock; both forgetting about their respective abilities. Loki’s laughter rang louder in their ears as the collapsing rock drew nearer and nearer to the pair; boulders fell from the ceiling, closing in on them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys I'm back~! Sorry bout the delay I've been doing some stuff and have been super busy since I got back, also school just started OTL. ANYWHOO, anybody excited bout the new chappie? Haha...jk jk, I could've sworn I had posted this when I got back but I guess it didn't take or something like that...ummm yeah so EunWook's having some issues and stuff....uhhhh....yeah...I don't really have much to say but considering I am currently uploading this at 1:14 in the morning I doubt you WANT me to say anything due to the fact that it will most likely not make sense at all. Ummm so yeah, thanks to all my lovely subscribers and silent riders, I love you all for sticking with me and my irregular updates due to writer's block and various other insudries that come with being a student. I love your faces~! Comments are always loved and welcome for they make me feel all guiddy and happy inside! ^.^ LOVE YOU GUYS. Expect more updates soon so long as my schedule doesn't get really hectic and ...and so long as my writer's block lets me do stuff haha. But Loki's been coming up with some pretty evil things whilst I've been gone so get ready y'all~!

~Key