Corrupted

A Game of Chaos

 

                Kyuhyun stood up slowly, a surge of dark power coursing through him; his body shook as he stood up. Yesung and KiBum exchanged worried glances and went to stand as well, not knowing what was going on with the maknae. Onyx flames circled around Kyuhyun; swirling at his feet as dark emotions began to overtake him.

“Kyuhyun-ah?” Yesung spoke softly as he tried to approach the younger man.

                A feral growl was the answer he received, KiBum raised an eyebrow; worried about what could be going on inside the younger man’s mind. Kyuhyun turned to face them, eyes flashing from chocolate brown to deep black on and off; a dark smirk creeping upward. Yesung swore and stumbled forward, trying to reach his dongsaeng. He’d been afraid of this, afraid that he had possibly interrupted Kyuhyun and Loki’s “moment” too late; that Kyuhyun had been taken by the older man.

“Fight it Kyuhyun! Fight it goddammit!” Yesung yelled; trying to keep the maknae’s fighting spirit going.

                Kyuhyun fell to the ground, landing on his knees and gripping his head in pain as his eyes continued to flash. KiBum reached him first, ignoring the searing pain in his chest as tried to get to the maknae. Flames lapped at his shins and KiBum pushed passed them, more worried about trying to keep the younger—and powerful—player out of Loki’s hands. He reached out to Kyuhyun mentally, trying to push past the younger man’s mental barriers and coax him out of the dark recesses of his mind. He peeled back the first few layers only to be met with a strong force pushing him back; the force was accompanied by dark laughter as he was forced back and out of Kyuhyun’s mind. KiBum swore and tried again, only to encounter an impenetrable darkness; Kyuhyun’s eyes changed to black, and stayed that way.

“Kyuhyun...Kyuhyunnie, wake up. Snap out of it dammit.” Yesung tried coaxing, trying to get the maknae to listen to him.

                Kyuhyun stood up once more, the dark flames shooting up at KiBum as he did. The actor put up a shield just in time, the purple barrier barely closing around him as the dark flames engulfed him; trying to push their way past his shield.

“KiBum!” Yesung yelled.

                Kyuhyun smirked and turned toward the older man, eyes darker than any abyss he’d ever seen; dark energy flowing off of him in waves. The black, soulless eyes stared at Yesung in mocking jest; watching him carefully, waiting for whatever move he would make. Yesung stepped forward, ignoring the pain in his abdomen as fresh blood began to ooze out of his wounds.

“You are in no condition to fight…hyung.” Kyuhyun spoke darkly, a second voice laced under his own.

                Yesung glared as the word “hyung” passed through Kyuhyun’s lips; the word uttered with pure, mocking hatred. The older man shook with anger, most of it directed at himself for being unable to protect the younger man; that he was unable to keep his promise.

“Kyuhyun, wake up. Fight him; fight whatever spell he put you under!” Yesung tried again, tone biting as he tried to keep the anger back.

“I am awake hyung, Loki didn’t put me under a spell; he gave me more power. More power than you could possibly imagine.” Kyuhyun said; the flames growing larger with each word he spoke.

“It’s corrupting your mind dammit, snap out of it!”

                The ground began to shake around them, signaling that Yesung was losing his fight with his emotions; losing the fight with the anger. Kyuhyun chuckled darkly as he felt the ground rumble under his feet.

“Are you angry hyung? Angry that you couldn’t protect me? Are you angry that you can’t control anything?” Kyuhyun taunted.

                Yesung glared; the earth shook more violently, the ground beginning to crack.

“You can’t keep your promise hyung. Give up.” Kyuhyun continued to mock.

“Shut up. You aren’t Kyuhyun…” Yesung growled.

                The crack began to get deeper, the sound of the ground parting loudly echoing throughout the forest.

“I am Kyuhyun. Actually, no, you’re right. I’m not Kyuhyun; I’m better than Kyuhyun ever was.”

                The flames crackled, engulfing the area around them; leaping out towards Yesung. A gust of wind blocked their path; suffocating the fire before it could reach him. KiBum’s purple barrier split through the flames, parting them in half; allowing for enough space for him to get out of harm’s way. The actor went to stand next to Yesung, burns on the side of his face beginning to heal; knitting together at a slow pace due to the injuries on his chest.

“I’ll give you one thing, you’re more resilient than I previously believed you to be; it’s a shame really.” Kyuhyun taunted.

“Kyuhyun…” KiBum started.

                Kyuhyun met KiBum’s gaze, staring the older man down; KiBum took the eye contact as an opportunity. He reached out to Kyuhyun mentally; projecting himself and his conscience into Kyuhyun’s mind. His mind brushed past a sensitive nerve in Kyuhyun’s, momentarily breaking the link between the younger man and Loki. Kyuhyun’s eyes turned brown filled with pain and uncertainty; he looked at his hyungs regretfully. The flames faltered, withdrawing back to Kyuhyun; creating a fiery barrier between him and the older men.

“Kyuhyun—“ Yesung started.

“Get out of here hyungs! I…I can’t fight him for long.” Kyuhyun yelled, cutting Yesung off.

“We aren’t leaving you Kyuhyun-ah.” KiBum replied sternly; refusing to believe the younger man to be beyond helping.

“Just go! I don’t want to hurt you…” Kyuhyun yelled.

                Kyuhyun held his hand up, pushing the barrier forward and forcing them to move back; he pushed them further into the forest.

“Kyuhyun!” Yesung yelled.

                KiBum put up his own barrier, trying to force Kyuhyun’s flame wall backwards and back towards the younger man; it was to no avail. Kyuhyun pushed them back with a strong burst of power; the wall of fire exploding and sending them flying into the forest. Yesung cushioned their fall as much as possible, using the air around them to lower them down to the ground carefully. The action caused his nose and mouth to begin to bleed slowly; he coughed, blood splattering onto the ground below him. He lurched forward, only to be caught by KiBum; the younger man wrapping a strong arm around the older man’s shoulders. Yesung vomited violently, nothing but blood pouring out of his mouth as he threw up; KiBum held him steady. The older man coughed a few more times and stopped vomiting, he looked up at KiBum; tears in his eyes from the pain. KiBum could feel the pain emanating off of the man in waves; the physical pain was a lot, but losing his dongsaeng also weighed heavily on him.  Slowly KiBum pulled him upright, gently moving his arm down from Yesung’s shoulders to around his waist; mindful of Yesung’s injuries.

“We have to get out of here hyung.” KiBum spoke softly, choosing his words carefully.

“But...Kyuhyun…” Yesung objected in between harsh breaths.

“We won’t be much good to him dead; he’s a fighter hyung, whatever Loki did to him won’t last.” KiBum reasoned, taking a step forward.

“KiBum-ah…I can’t leave him.”

“You have to.”

“But…”

“Oh Yesunggie-hyung~!”  Kyuhyun’s dark voice singsonged.

                KiBum dragged Yesung forward, hobbling through the forest; trying to ignore his own pain for as long as possible. He needed to get them out of there, needed to try and find some of the other players; to get help. The psychic’s mind was a mess as he led the older man blindly through the forest, dodging roots, branches and rocks; he was trying to get as much distance as possible between them and “Kyuhyun”. Loki’s laugh taunting them the entire way; the demented man’s laugh rang overhead. KiBum knew he was watching, that he was being “entertained” by this whole ordeal, and he was right. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ta-dah! New Chappie! So I know a couple of you were ocnfused about the last line of the previous chapter, well I hope it makes mroe sense now! ^ ^ So yeah, BabyKyu went darkside and poor YeBum is trying to escape from Evil Kyu.... so yeah...hope y'all liked this cahpter. And as always if you guys have any questions/comments/rude remarks or whatnot I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. Thank you all for sticking with this story! ^ ^ Oh! Before I forget, I might have a double update for you guys by the end of today depending on whether or not my writing mood wants to stay with me. Love you guys!

~Key