Acidic Touch

A Game of Chaos

EunHyuk and RyeoWook ran through the forest, panting heavily as they tried to out run the hellhounds that were chasing them. EunHyuk had let go of RyeoWook’s arm, realizing that dragging the younger man behind hindered their chances of out running the hounds; they pushed through bushes and other foliage. EunHyuk vaulted over a log, making sure to stop and check on RyeoWook before proceeding; the younger man made it over the log and the two kept running. Up ahead EunHyuk noticed that the forest seemed to end; a cliff lay in front of them. EunHyuk skidded to a stop all of a sudden, grabbing onto a tree to stop his momentum; RyeoWook attempted to slow his momentum to no avail. EunHyuk grabbed the younger man’s shirt, pulling him back away from the drop off in front of them. RyeoWook latched onto the older man’s shirt, holding fistfuls of the fabric as his chest rose and fell rapidly; howls were heard behind them. RyeoWook looked up at the older man in worry, wondering just what they were going to do; EunHyuk wracked his brain for a plan.


“…really wish Kyuhyun was here right now.” EunHyuk muttered to himself as he tried to figure out a way out.

 

RyeoWook peered over the edge, noticing that just a few feet under them was a small ledge; he looked back up to EunHyuk.


“We could climb down; hellhounds can’t climb so we’d be safe.” He suggested.

“You want to climb down that?! Are you crazy?” EunHyuk hissed.

“There’s a ledge, and it looks like there could be a safe way down. The hellhounds couldn’t climb after us.” RyeoWook explained.

 

The growls got closer and EunHyuk shook his head; they didn’t have time. He looked around, trying to find an alternate route; he spotted one to his right. He drug the younger man along, pulling him while trying to run; RyeoWook followed without objection, knowing that the hellhounds were close behind. The pair broke out into a sprint once more, careful to not fall off the edge of the cliff as they ran; EunHyuk tripped over a rock. The man stumbled forward, hitting the ground and rolling; he cried out in pain as he fell. RyeoWook yelped in shock as EunHyuk began to slide towards the edge of the ravine; the younger man reached forward, grabbing the man’s arm as he began to slide over the edge. EunHyuk yelped as he felt his lower half slip off of the edge; he grabbed RyeoWook’s arm, clutching at it desperately.


“Pull me up! Quickly!” EunHyuk yelled his voice frantic.

 

RyeoWook nodded and tried to pull the older man back onto the ledge, straining as he did so. EunHyuk scrambled up the edge of the cliff, trying to help the younger man pull him up; his right foot slid, causing him to jerk downward. RyeoWook yelped as EunHyuk started to fall downwards, the younger man skidding as well; the hounds closed in whilst the two were struggling. Both could feel the pressing urgency, that the creatures were just moments away from pouncing on them. RyeoWook glanced back behind him, seeing the blood red eyes staring at him and turned back to EunHyuk; an apologetic look in his eyes.


“I’m sorry EunHyuk-hyung.” The younger man said.

“What? What do you mean—“ Before EunHyuk could finish his question RyeoWook let go of EunHyuk, causing the older man to fall.

 

RyeoWook stood up and looked back at the hellhounds surrounding him; he took a deep breath and tried to concentrate. The hellhounds circled around him, snarling angrily; watching him with their predatory gazes. One threw itself at RyeoWook and the man felt the familiar rush of adrenaline mix with something else; his skin shone a light blue. He could feel the blood rushing through his veins, as he side stepped the attack; the hellhound’s side brushing against his arm. The hound cried out in pain as the contact was enough to cause the decomposition that had occurred in the previous hound that had attacked him; its skin bubbled and began to melt. The young man barely noticed the blood that had begun to slide down his arm, moving as if it had a life of its own; swirling and sliding down his flesh. The hounds stared at it momentarily, drawing RyeoWook’s attention to his arm; the man let out a startled gasp. His blood was a sapphire blue, reminiscent of the color of the vaccine, and it moved on its own; turning into a whip of sorts. The blue blood tentacle moved upward, lashing out and striking a hellhound before sliding back into RyeoWook’s skin. The hellhound howled in pain as it too became subjected to the acid; RyeoWook stared at his arm in shock.


 

The remaining hellhounds stared at him, wondering how to proceed; blood red eyes staring him down, analyzing him. With a few growls they retreated, knowing that any contact with the man would result in a painful and excruciatingly long death. RyeoWook sighed in relief and allowed himself to do a small happy dance before peering over the edge of the cliff again; EunHyuk lay on a ledge a few feet down, glaring up at him.


“You okay hyung?” RyeoWook asked.

“Okay?! Am I okay?! You ing dropped me down here without any warning! I thought I was going to die!” EunHyuk yelled in reply.

 

RyeoWook smiled and shook his head at EunHyuk’s rant; brown eyes sparkling with amusement.


“They’re gone; do you think you can climb up?” RyeoWook asked.

 

EunHyuk glared at him and tried to sit up; the blonde man winced in pain as his back protested against the movement. The blonde tried once more before giving up and remained lying down on the rock ledge; pouting angrily and muttering under his breath.


“Need help hyung?” RyeoWook asked, unable to resist the urge to tease the grumpy older man a little.

“Yes now get down here and help me.” EunHyuk snapped.

 

RyeoWook glanced behind him and slowly climbed off the edge, he headed downward towards the ledge his hyung was laying on. His footing slipped and he fell down a foot, yelping in surprise and desperately trying to grab onto something to stop his fall; he managed to grab ahold of a rock just above the ledge EunHyuk lay on. With a small sigh of relief RyeoWook carefully stepped down onto the ledge. As he stepped onto it fully the ledge buckled and groaned in protest at the added weight; RyeoWook and EunHyuk exchanged horrified looks.


“Oh .” EunHyuk swore.

 

The ledge broke loudly, sending both men tumbling into the ravine; both screaming for dear life as they fell into the abyss below.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay so I lied, there isn’t going to be four chapters (unless by some miracle I am able to write two more chapters tonight before I leave) but there should at least be another one! So, as some of you might have guessed RyeoWookie’s power is acid generation and manipulation (that’s his main power his subset hasn’t been revealed yet) and he can do that in three ways: 1) physical contact, 2) a “blood whip” of sorts, or 3) as a projectile or “beam”. I know its a violent power for our dear little Wookie but I think it provides a nice contrast neh? Thank you guys so much for reading and I hope you liked the chapter! I would love to see what you guys think so far, about the chapters and what not and I look forward to reading your lovely comments when I get back! ^ ^ Special thanks goes to Dobu for uploading these for me! Don’t be shy dear, you should say hi to the lovely readers!
~Key

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*looks around* H-hi...
So um...I’ve never left an author’s note to a crowd of more than 50 subscribers so...What to write...Ummm...

Isn’t GofC awesome?!?! My dongsaeng has really made a breakthrough with this story *proud umma face*
You really should see how Key writes this; it’s terrifying T^T I’ll be minding my own business, trying to come up with something as awesome as anything Key’s ever written, and she’ll text me asking me to choose between certain characters.
I hate it TT^TT It’s like I’m directly responsible for all the torture the boys go through... It’s stressful on the heart trying to decide if Key’s brain is in a “good” mood or not and then deciding who you want to see mentally and/or physically unwound the most ;~;

I know I’m not the only one who has mini heart attacks trying to figure out what’s gonna happen next. I’m pretty sure ALL of you have mini heart attacks xD *gets bricked*

Anyway...I’m just here to do my wifey a favor and keep you guys entertained for as long as I can while she’s away!

Enjoy~~
~Dobu