Truth comes out

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Baekhyun looked at Youngjae and Daehyun after he finished telling them what happened between him and Mr. Jung at the prison

Baekhyun noticed Daehyun look away from him. He reached over and grabbed Daehyun's hand.

'Dae, are you okay?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'How can I be okay? My whole life has been a lie'.

Baekhyun stood up and hugged Daehyun.

'Do you see why we have to kill him?' Baekhyun looked at Daehyun.

Daehyun sighed and nodded.

Baekhyun hugged him again, then felt someone pull his shirt.

Baekhyun looked down and saw Taehyung staring up at him.

'Eomma, what's going on?'

'Nothing, sweetie'. Baekhyun fake smiled. 'Why don't you and Jungkook go play so I can talk to your father and Youngjae'.

'Okay, eomma'.

Baekhyun kissed his forehead then watched as Taehyung took Jungkook's hand and they left the room.

Youngjae went over and shut and locked the door behind them.

'I'm so sorry, Dae'. Baekhyun kept holding Daehyun tight. 'But this does explain why you're different than that monster at the prison'.

Daehyun nodded. 'Yeah, but he's still related to me'.

'Dae, we can't let him get away with what he's done'.

'Your husband is right, Daehyun'. Youngjae said as he got closer to him. 'Mr. Jung did a lot of terrible things, even after you left Planet Mato. Locking him up forever is nothing compared to what he's done'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'He's already planning on escaping. And who knows what he'll do if he gets out'.

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun carefully. Then lifted his chin so he was looking him in the eyes.

'Dae, there is nothing I want more than to see your uncle pay for everything he's done. So I am begging you, please kill him so he is no longer a threat to anyone'.

Daehyun closed his eyes and sighed. 'I don't want to be a murderer like him'.

'I know. I admire that. But he took your father from you, probably threatened your mother. He took our home, our safety from us'. Baekhyun leaned his forehead against Daehyun's. 'But I can't rest till I know for sure that he's gone and no longer a threat'.

Daehyun kissed Baekhyun's forehead and wiped the tears that started escaping his eyes.

'I love you. And I told you that I would do anything to make sure you and the boys are safe. I'm going to stick to it'.

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun. 'Really?'

Daehyun nodded. 'I can't lose you and the boys. You're my life. So I will do what you want'.

Baekhyun smiled and hugged Daehyun tight. 'Thank you'.

'But first, I want to talk to my mother and get her side of the story'.

'Okay'.

 

Baekhyun, Daehyun and Youngjae went to go find Taehyung and Jungkook.

'Boys?' Baekhyun called out as they searched the rooms.

'In here'.

They followed Taehyung's voice into the kitchen and found Taehyung and Jungkook at the counter eating.

'Boys, we need to leave, you need to stay here for a couple hours'.

Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder.

'Who's going to watch them?'

Baekhyun bit his lip and thought about it. He wanted to go with Daehyun, but he figured the boys wouldn't be comfortable around Youngjae since they didn't know him or the Mato language.

'I guess I'll stay here with the boys'. Baekhyun turned to Daehyun. 'Let me know what happens with your mother'.

'Of course'. Daehyun kissed Baekhyun then left the house with Youngjae.

Baekhyun turned to Taehyung and Jungkook and watched them finish their snacks.

'Didn't you eat not too long ago?' Baekhyun asked.

'How do you know?' Taehyung looked at him.

Baekhyun leaned against the counter and got closer to Taehyung.

'Because you and your partner in crime left food on the couch'.

Taehyung's cheeks turned red as he looked at the counter.

'Can appa show us around Planet Mato?' Jungkook asked taking Baekhyun's attention away from Taehyung.

'We'll see. Right now he has some business to take care of'.

'Can you show us Planet Mato? You used to live here, right?'

Baekhyun looked at Jungkook curiously. 'Why do you want to see Planet Mato so much?'

Jungkook shrugged. 'I just want to see where appa came from, since he doesn't have powers like I do'.

Baekhyun smiled and brushed the hair out of Jungkook's eyes.

'We might show you around after we take care of what we need to. But honestly, there's not much to see of Planet Mato right now. They're still repairing it'.

'Why?'

'Because an evil man did some terrible things here and destroyed it'.

Jungkook and Taehyung suddenly got scared of the evil man Baekhyun told them about.

'Is he coming here to get us?' Jungkook asked.

Baekhyun went around the counter and hugged them.

'No he's not. I will never let anything bad happen to either  one of you. Don't worry, you're safe'.

The boys hugged Baekhyun tight.

Baekhyun comforted them then played games with them to try and take their mind off of things.

 

Daehyun and Youngjae tracked down Mrs. Jung at one of her friend's houses.

Mrs. Jung was surprised to see Daehyun when they walked inside the living room.

'Daehyun, what are you doing back here so soon?'

'I need to talk to you'. Daehyun said as he went over and sat on the couch. 'And I need you to tell me the truth'.

Mrs. Jung looked at Daehyun confused. 'What are you talking about?'

Daehyun reached over and grabbed her hand, and looked her in the eyes. 'Is my father dead?'

Mrs. Jung's eyes got wide at the sudden question. 'Of course not. You locked your father away in prison'.

Daehyun sighed. 'Please tell me the truth. I want to hear it from you'.

'What have you heard? Cause I don't know what you're talking about'.

Youngjae went over to them. 'Please, Mrs. Jung. We need some information from you before we execute Mr. Jung'.

Mrs. Jung looked at both the boys. 'Execute? What changed your mind, Daehyun? He's your father!'

'Is he?' Daehyun asked.

Mrs. Jung was confused and sat there for a minute before saying anything. 'He's been your father since you were a little boy'.

'But is he my biological father?'

Mrs. Jung shook her head. 'Your real father died and I got remarried to your uncle'.

'Did the man who's sitting in jail right now kill my father?'

Mrs. Jung sighed and looked down at her lap. 'Yes'.

Daehyun sat back and let it sink in, now that he heard it from his mother.

'Why didn't you tell me?'

'I couldn't'. Mrs. Jung started wiping tears from her eyes. 'Your uncle threaten to kill me and hurt you if I disobeyed him. I couldn't let him hurt you. You're my only child'.

Daehyun hugged his mom and kept asking about his real father.

He found out his father was the complete opposite of his uncle. He was a kind, hard working, loving man who would do anything for his family. His uncle was jealous of his brother's success, and the love and attention he got. He was tired of living in his brother's shadow, and wanted to rule Planet Mato. So he killed Daehyun's father when he was just a baby and took his place as ruler and Daehyun's father.

Mrs. Jung went and got a picture of Daehyun's real father and showed it to him.

'You look just like him'. She said. 'I'm sorry you had to find out this way'.

'At least I know why I'm nothing like my uncle. It makes more sense now'.

Mrs. Jung smiled at Daehyun and hugged him. 'Your father would of been so proud of you. I'm sorry you never really got to meet him. But he was so happy when I had you. He became even more loving and protective'.

'That must be where I got the urge to do anything I have to to protect my husband and kids'.

Mrs. Jung nodded. 'It's a shame he wasn't powerful enough to fight against your uncle. But he didn't expect his own brother to turn on him like he did'.

'Well he's still after me and my family. Even though he's locked up. He threatened my husband today about killing me, our kids and his home planet'.

Mrs. Jung put her hand on Daehyun's and looked him in the eyes.

'He is still your uncle. But, you need to do what's best for you and your family'.

Daehyun nodded and hugged his mom. 'Thanks'.

'Of course'. She smiled. 'How long are you staying here?'

Daehyun shrugged. 'I don't know yet. But I know my husband wants to go back home as soon as he can'.

'I still never met your husband'.

'He's at our old house right now with two of our kids'.

Mrs. Jung smiled. 'I'll meet him later. Right now you have a lot to think about'.

 

 

Daehyun and Youngjae thanked Mrs. Jung again and started heading back to the house.

'So what do you want to do about your uncle?' Youngjae asked.

'I know what I need to do. For my father and for my family'.

Daehyun sighed. 'It's going to be hard since I've never killed anyone before'.

'Hey'. Youngjae put his hand on Daehyun's shoulder. 'You don't have to be the one that kills him. Just say the word and I'll have my men take care of it'.

'I know you hate him just as much as everyone else'. Daehyun said.

'He doesn't care about anyone but himself. No one in the community liked him. They just went along with his orders since they were scared of him. We have to do this for them'.

Daehyun nodded.

 

 

They made their way to the house, but Daehyun suddenly stopped before going inside. He grabbed Youngjae's arm and pulled him away from the door.

'What is it?' Youngjae asked.

'Something doesn't seem right'.

Daehyun looked at the front of the house again and noticed the door was off it's hinges.

'Get your gun'. He whispered to Youngjae.

Youngjae did as he was told and started walking towards the door with his gun out in front of him.

Daehyun was right behind him looking at the damage to the house.

'Baek?' Daehyun called out once they were inside.

But nobody answered.

The house was a mess. Windows were broken, furniture was flipped over, curtains were ripped from the rods. Nothing in the house was in place.

Daehyun started getting more worried about Baekhyun and the kids.

As they made their way down the hall, Youngjae suddenly stopped and noticed something on the wall.

'What is it?' Daehyun asked when he noticed Youngjae stopped in his tracks.

'Blood'.

That word sent shivers down Daehyun's spine.

'What?'

Youngjae pointed at the blood on the wall.

Daehyun panicked and started running around the house calling Baekhyun's name.

'Baek? Answer me!'

But no matter how many times he called Baekhyun's name, he never got an answer.

 

'Daehyun!' Youngjae called from the kitchen. 'Get over here!'

Daehyun ran to the sound of Youngjae's voice and saw him near the kitchen counter.

'What is it?' Daehyun asked afraid of the answer.

'Your husband'.

Daehyun's eyes got wide and he ran over to Youngjae.

Daehyun looked and saw Baekhyun lying on the floor, bleeding.

'Baek!'

Daehyun kneeled next to him and pulled Baekhyun to his arms.

Baekhyun had scratches on his arms, and a cut on his forehead.

'Go get the first aid kit'. Daehyun looked at Youngjae.

Youngjae quickly left and grabbed the first aid kit as fast as he could.

Daehyun picked up Baekhyun and carried him into the living room.

Youngjae came in the room with the first aid kit. He realized the furniture was still flipped over, so he grabbed the couch and flipped it back to it's original position.

Daehyun laid Baekhyun down on the couch and started cleaning and bandaging his wounds.

'Is he alright?' Youngjae asked.

'He's still breathing, so he's just unconscious'.

 

Daehyun was finishing putting the bandage on Baekhyun's forehead when he noticed Baekhyun start to open his eyes.

'Dae?' Baekhyun said weakly.

'Right here'. He said as he squeezed Baekhyun's hand.

'The boys...' He whispered and tried to sit up.

Daehyun put his hands on Baekhyun's shoulders and pushed him back down on the couch.

'Baek, take it easy. You're injured'.

Baekhyun ignored him and tried to push Daehyun off him.

'Dae, the boys. They're in trouble!'

Daehyun realized he and Youngjae didn't see Taehyung or Jungkook while they were searching the house.

'Where are the boys, Baek?'

Before Baekhyun could answer, Youngjae's walkie talkie went off and he left to answer it.

'Dae, the boys...' Baekhyun started to say, but was cut off when Youngjae ran back in the room.

'Daehyun, there's a problem at the prison'.

Daehyun looked at him getting frustrated with the constant drama and interruptions going on.

'What happened?'

'It's your father...uhh uncle'.

'What about him?'

'He escaped'.

Daehyun froze in place at the news, then turned to Baekhyun.

'Baek, don't tell me...'

Baekhyun closed his eyes and squeezed Daehyun's hand.

'Your uncle took Taehyung and Jungkook'.