Unexpected

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Baekhyun kept pushing Chanyeol away till he was off of him. He closed his hands to make sure Chanyeol didn't see the light coming from his hands. He hated how his powers flared up when he got upset. He had gotten better at controlling it, but it still showed up unexpectedly at times. Of course one of the times had to be when Chanyeol was around.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and smiled. 'That wasn't too bad, was it?'

Baekhyun glared at him and slapped him as hard as he could. 'Why the hell couldn't you take no for an answer?'

Chanyeol grabbed his face and smirked at Baekhyun. 'I think you really wanted to say yes'. 

'Are you drunk? Or are you always like this?'

Chanyeol shrugged. 'Gotta make it through the day some way'.

'What about Jungkook? Are you around him like this all the time?'

'Maybe. He can be a handful. And I need something to relax after working all day. He needs another parent'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'Especially if you are irresponsible to be drunk around him all the time. He needs someone to be there for him, not a drunk deadbeat'.

Chanyeol glared at him. 'I'm doing what I can. That's why I came to you'.

Baekhyun crossed his arms and watched as Chanyeol held his face from being slapped.

'I can help watch him while he's spending time with Taehyung. But I am not going to get together with you. I am fully committed to my husband and kids. And if you don't believe that, then maybe you'll believe my husband when he gets back'.

'If he comes back...' Chanyeol mumbled, but Baekhyun still heard him.

'Just go! Jungkook can spend the night tonight so you can go sober up'.

Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol towards the door and tried to shut it.

'You know, you're cute when you're angry'. Chanyeol said as he turned towards Baekhyun.

'Uhh, get out!' Baekhyun kept pushing on the door till Chanyeol was outside and he quickly locked it.

Baekhyun leaned against the door and wiped his mouth. He made his way to the kitchen sink and grabbed some water to try and wash away the taste of Chanyeol. He was still in shock that Chanyeol had the nerve to kiss him. He never let any guy kiss him while he was separated from Daehyun. He couldn't believe he let his guard down while Chanyeol asked him about Daehyun.

Baekhyun turned the water off and made his way to Taehyung's room to check on the boys.

 

While Baekhyun was gone, Jungkook was playing with BamBam. Taehyung sat on his bed and watched them. He mostly kept looking at Jungkook, not understanding why he didn't want to play with him.

Jungkook looked over and saw Taehyung looking at him. 

'Come join us'. He patted the seat next to him.

Taehyung was hesitant, but slowly made his way over to Jungkook and sat down.

'Why aren't you playing with your brother?' Jungkook asked.

Taehyung looked down at his lap. 'Everyone likes him more than me'.

'What?' Jungkook looked at him confused. 'Why?'

Taehyung shrugged. 'That's what I'm trying to figure out. The boys at school called me a freak. Maybe that's why everyone likes BamBam more'.

Jungkook reached over and grabbed Taehyung's hand. 'You're not a freak'.

'Didn't you get scared when I showed you what I can do with light?'

Jungkook smiled and shook his head. 'No. I thought it was cool'.

'Really?'

'Yeah'. Jungkook nodded and squeezed Taehyung's hand. 'If I thought you were a freak, I wouldn't be here right now'.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and smiled his rectangle smile. He really felt Jungkook was telling the truth. He didn't want to feel like a freak. He wanted to be loved. And he was hoping Jungkook would be the one to give him the love and attention he needed.

Taehyung suddenly felt something pull on his pants. He looked down and saw BamBam trying to crawl in his lap.

Jungkook noticed Taehyung was ignoring BamBam.

'He just wants you to play'. Jungkook said as he handed Taehyung a toy to give to BamBam.

Taehyung took it and gave it to BamBam.

BamBam smiled and grabbed the toy. 'Tae...Tae...'

Taehyung looked over at Jungkook. 'Is he trying to say my name?'

'Sounds like it'. Jungkook smiled. 'See? He likes you'.

'Tae...' BamBam kept repeating as he crawled around Taehyung's lap.

Taehyung was surprised BamBam was trying to spend time with him after all the times Taehyung ignored him.

Jungkook got closer to Taehyung. 'You're lucky to have a brother'.

'Why?' Taehyung looked at Jungkook confused.

'I always wanted an older brother. Someone to play with and look out for me'.

'Really?'

Jungkook nodded and looked at BamBam. 'I'm sure BamBam wants the same thing from you. You always have someone to play with. And he has someone to look out for him'.

Taehyung never thought of it that way. Of all the times Daehyun and Baekhyun told him to be a big brother to BamBam, he just saw BamBam as the annoying little brother that got all the attention. He started thinking more about what Jungkook said. He'd want a big brother who cared about him and looked after him. He realized he was being a jerk to BamBam and he wanted to change.

Jungkook looked back over at Taehyung. 'If I had an older brother, he could of taken care of the bullies at school'.

'But, I was there for you'.

'Exactly. You helped me when no one else would'.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook seriously. 'And I would do it again...but I won't be able to'.

Jungkook noticed Taehyung's smile fade. 'Why not?'

'I got kicked out of school...'

'What?'

'For showing you my powers'. 

'Powers?'

Suddenly, Jungkook heard Chanyeol's voice outside the door. He also heard Baekhyun yelling at him. 

Jungkook stood up and ran to Taehyung's bed. He quickly crawled underneath it and tried to hide.

Taehyung looked at him confused and went over to him.

'What are you doing?' Taehyung asked.

He didn't get a response. He just saw Jungkook start shaking.

'Jungkook?'

'Shh!' Jungkook looked at him. 'He'll hear you'.

'What are you talking about?'

Taehyung kept looking at Jungkook and tried to get him to come out from underneath the bed. But Jungkook refused to move.

Taehyung heard the yelling coming from outside the room and saw Jungkook close his eyes and cover his ears.

Taehyung didn't know what else to do, so he crawled under the bed next to Jungkook and put his arm around him.

Jungkook felt the same warmth he felt when he held Baekhyun's hand. He started to relax a little, but Taehyung still felt him shaking.

'It's okay'. Taehyung said. 'The bullies aren't here'.

Taehyung didn't get a response. Instead he felt Jungkook get closer to him. He looked over and saw tears falling down Jungkook's cheeks. He reached over and wiped them away.

 

Baekhyun came in the room a few minutes later and saw BamBam crawling around, but he didn't see any sign of Taehyung or Jungkook.

'Boys? Where are you?' He asked as he picked BamBam up.

'Here'.

Baekhyun looked around and saw Taehyung stick his head out from under the bed.

'Why are you under there?'

'I don't know'. Taehyung shrugged. 'Jungkook just crawled under here and won't come out'.

Baekhyun went over to the bed and kneeled down next to it.

'Jungkook? What's wrong?' He asked when he saw Jungkook was crying.

Jungkook just laid there and didn't say anything.

'Hey, it's okay'. Baekhyun said. 'You can come out'.

Jungkook didn't hear Chanyeol's voice anymore, so he slowly made his way out from under the bed.

Baekhyun looked at Jungkook carefully after he got out from under the bed.

'What's going on?' Baekhyun asked.

Jungkook ran over to Baekhyun and hugged him tightly.

Baekhyun almost lost his balance as Jungkook ran into him. But he suddenly felt his shirt get wet from Jungkook's tears.

Baekhyun put his arms around him and held him close.

'What's going on? Do you want to go home?'

Jungkook shook his head. 'Please, no'.

Baekhyun bit his lip.

'Eomma'. Baekhyun called. 

Mrs. Byun came in the room and went over to Baekhyun.

'What is it?'

'Watch the boys. I'll be right back'. Baekhyun handed BamBam to Mrs. Byun then he picked up Jungkook.

Baekhyun took him to his room and shut the door.

He set Jungkook on the bed and sat next to him.

Jungkook grabbed Baekhyun's arm tightly.

Baekhyun sighed as he looked at Jungkook. He reached over and brushed the hair out of his face.

'Is this about your step father?' Baekhyun asked.

Jungkook nodded.

'This isn't my place, but you can tell me anything'.

Jungkook shook his head. 'I can't'.

'Why not?'

'He told me not to tell anyone'.

Baekhyun reached over and picked up Jungkook's arm, but he suddenly felt Jungkook pull his arm away.

'Are those bruises from your step father?'

Jungkook didn't say anything, but Baekhyun knew he got his answer.

'Listen, you can always stay here if you want'.

Baekhyun saw Jungkook look up at him. 'Really?'

Baekhyun nodded and smiled. 'Yeah. In fact, I told your step father you could spend the night tonight'.

Baekhyun suddenly saw Jungkook smile. He was glad he was able to get Jungkook away from Chanyeol for awhile, if Chanyeol really was the one hurting him.

'You can stay in Taehyung's room'.

'Thank you'.

'Of course'.

'Taehyung is lucky to have you and BamBam'. Jungkook said as he looked down at his lap. 'I wish I had that'.

Baekhyun pulled Jungkook to him and hugged him. 'I told you you can stay here as much as you want, and I mean it. You make Taehyung happy and I appreciate that'.

'I like Taehyung. He's a good friend'.

'I'm sure he feels the same way about you'.

'Really?'

'Yeah'. Baekhyun smiled. 'But, Jungkook, please know that you can talk to me about anything if you need to. Taehyung and I are here for you. And when my husband gets back, I know he'll be here for you too'.

'Thanks'. Jungkook hugged Baekhyun tightly.

'Let's go back to the boys'.

'Okay'.

Baekhyun led Jungkook to Taehyung's room and was shocked by what he saw when he opened the door. 

He saw Taehyung sitting on the floor holding BamBam in his lap and reading him a story.

'Am I in the right room?' Baekhyun asked as he looked at Taehyung.

Taehyung looked up at Baekhyun and smiled. 

'Tae...' BamBam yelled and pointed at the book.

'Sorry'. Taehyung moved the book closer to him and kept reading.

'He's being the big brother I told him I wanted'. Jungkook said.

'What?' Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'You did this to Taehyung?'

'I told him the kind of brother I wish I had. Guess he listened'.

Baekhyun kneeled next to Jungkook and hugged him. 'You don't know how long I've been trying to get him to be a big brother to BamBam'. Baekhyun smiled. 'You really are the best thing that's happened to us since we moved here'.

Baekhyun hugged him again. Jungkook smiled and hugged him back. He enjoyed being loved and appreciated. He never got that from Chanyeol.

 

Later that night. Baekhyun tucked the boys into bed. He originally had one of the boys in a sleeping bag on the floor, but the boys wanted to sleep in the same bed.

Baekhyun didn't argue as he tucked them into bed. He kissed their foreheads and went to turn the light off.

He looked over at the boys and saw Taehyung had put his arm around Jungkook and held him close.

Baekhyun smiled and closed the door. 

 

Baekhyun made his way to his room and got ready for bed. He picked up his phone from the nightstand and found Daehyun's name in his contacts.

'Dae, please call me as soon as you can. I have something important I need to talk to you about. Please be careful and come back soon. I love you'.

Baekhyun sent the text and put his phone back on the nightstand. As he tried to go to bed, he saw light coming in from outside.

He got out of bed to shut the curtain. As he grabbed the cord, he saw Chanyeol in his apartment. He saw a beer in his hand and many more surrounding him.

Baekhyun was so disgusted with him. He couldn't believe Chanyeol would drink so much and then take out his anger and frustration on an innocent child. 

If Baekhyun had his way, he wouldn't let Jungkook keep living with Chanyeol. He wanted to get Jungkook away from him for good. Jungkook needed a loving family to take care of him. Not a parent who drank and abused him all the time.

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol turn in his direction and he quickly shut the curtain. Baekhyun left his room and made sure all the windows and doors were shut and locked before making his way back to his room.

He hated that Chanyeol creeped him out so much that he didn't feel comfortable in his own home. Baekhyun climbed in bed and tried to sleep, but all he kept thinking about was the boys. He wanted to make sure they were safe, especially Jungkook. There was no telling how long he had been putting up with Chanyeol's behavior. But Baekhyun was going to make sure Jungkook didn't have to deal with him again.