Ice Princess

Spartace: School Love Affair

The first one to get up the next morning is Jae Suk, and then immediately followed by Jong Kook, who immediately goes out for a run. 

 

And then Kwang Soo wakes up and starts bothering the still sleeping Joong Ki. 

 

An hour later, most of them are ready for breakfast, except for Ji Hyo. 

 

Gary comes out of the bathroom and spots her still sleeping soundly in the bed which is supposed to be Jung Kook's. 

 

"Aren't we going to wake her up? ", he asks the others,  who are sitting on random beds and are also staring at her anxiously. 

 

"We already tried. Kwang Soo got slapped. " 

 

"Really?"

 

"Really! ",Kwang Soo says, pointing his left cheek. 

 

"And Look at her. I will feel guilty if i disturb that kind of sleep. ", Jae Suk says. 

 

Gary stares at Ji Hyo. 

 

He is right though. She looks so peaceful as she sleeps, as if she is having her time in dreamland. The pillow under her head and the messed up blanket over her seems to her in, as if she really belongs to that place. 

 

"I thought girls can't sleep comfortably when they're not on their own place. ", Suk Jin says. 

 

"But we've proven this girl different from the others, though. ", Kwang Soo says. 

 

Then the door opens, and Jong Kook comes in from his run. 

 

He looks around and sees the sleeping Ji Hyo, too. 

 

"She's not up yet? ", he asks as he takes off his running jacket. "Why are you not waking her up? "

 

"But Hyung, will she not beat anybody who dares to disturb her sleep? ", Dong Hoon asks. 

 

Jong Kook pauses, having remembered that this girl had kicked another girl yesterday in the face. He chooses not to tell that to the others, though. 

 

"I don't think so. Wake her up before the Hosts will start us to breakfast. "

 

"You wake her up. ", Kwang Soo says. 

 

"You guys do it. ", he insists and hastily heads towards the bathroom before they can get him to do it. 

 

"Are you afraid of waking her up, too?! ", Jae Suk asks before he can close the door. 

 

"What? Nooo! ", he denies guiltily. 

 

But the others bursts into suspicions and complaints. He shuts them up by slamming the door. 

 

Silence rings in the room, before an idea came into their minds. 

 

They begin racing out of the door.

 

"Hey! Where are you guys going?! ", Gary asks, not getting what they planned. 

 

A few seconds later and he is left alone with the sleeping Ji Hyo and Jong Kook who is having a shower inside the bathroom. 

 

He draws near Ji Hyo. "She didn't even wake up with all those noise. ", he says. 

 

He finally gets the courage to wake her up. He leans forward and gently shakes her shoulder. 

 

"Ji hyo-ah. ", he says. "Ji Hyo-ah, wake up!  We're already late! "

 

She simply stirs to the other side. Jong Koom comes out, already changed. 

 

He just looks at Gary, then Ji Hyo. "Wake her uo and bring her out before the Training officially opens, okay? ", he says and head s towards the door. 

 

"What? But Hyung.. Aren't you gonna help me---"

 

Slam! 

 

The door closes. 

 

After almost half an hour of waking her up, Ji Hyo finally opens her eyes. 

 

She stares at Gary for about three seconds before her brows furrowed. 

 

"Oh, Gary-ah. ", she says and sits up. 

 

Gary sighs in relief. "Ji Hyo-ah. The program is almost starting. You have to get dressed and follow us there, okay? "

 

She looks around, her eyed still not fully open. "Did everyone go out already? "

 

"Yes. "

 

"They did not even wake me up? "

 

Gary hesistates to tell her that he had been trying to wake her uo for the last thirty minutes and just smiles. "Just.. Quickly get dressed and go out, okay? "

 

She nods. 

 

He immediately goes out of the room and goes to the venue. 

 

"Where's Ji Hyo  Noona? ", Joong Ki asks the moment Gary joins them in breakfast. 

 

"Still in the room. But she's already up."

 

Dong Hoon, who is next to him, looks at his form as if checking for injuries. "Are you alright? "

 

"Yes. "

 

"She did not beat you up? "

 

"No, she did not. "

 

"Hi! ", a girl from tge next table greets them. 

 

"Hi! ", they respond in chorus. 

 

"Are you guys complete already? ", she asks as she looks at them. 

 

"We still have one more person coming. ", Dong Hoon answers with a wide smile. "I'm Dong Hoon, by the way. ", he introduces, holding out his hand. 

 

"Sharmee. ", the girl responds, shaking his hand. 

 

They all introduce theirselves to the girls on the next table. 

 

They are Sharmee, Jenny and Bonnie. They chat with them while waiting for the official time to begin. 

 

"Hey! How can you not wake me up?! ", Ji Hyo, who has just arrived, exclaims as she joins them in the table, taking their attention away from the girls in the next table. 

 

"What do you mean we did not? Kwang Soo even got slapped by trying to wake you up! ", Suk Jin says. 

 

"I slapped you?", she asks Kwang Soo. 

 

"You really don't remember?",  Kwang Soo asks. 

 

She shakes her head. "I really don't. "

 

Joong Ki pushes the tray of food that he prepared for her already. 

 

"Is this for me? ", she asks. 

 

Joong Ki nods. 

 

"Thank You. ", she says and starts to take a bite. 

 

"Noona, aren't you even going to apologize? ", Kwang Soo asks expectantly. 

 

"No. ", she answers without lifting her gaze from the food. "I did not remember it so i'm not saying sorry. "

 

Kwang Soo scoffs in disbelief. "This girl seriously. "

 

"Noona, why are you setting aside the beans? ", Joong Ki asks. 

 

"Because i don't eat it. ", she says, her eyes still one the beans that she is scooping with her spoon. 

 

When the Training officially begun, they transfer to the lawn and the MC's suggests to have a game first. 

 

"Okay! Let me have two members on each team! ", Krion, a guy who has this natural wide smile in the face and one of the MC's, says. 

 

Jong Kook and Lee Kwang Soo are the ones to represent their teams, but all of the guys turn to her when the MC's announced that the game will have some piggyback rides. 

 

Ji Hyo looks at them blankly,  "What? ", she asks. 

 

Ji Suk Jin pushes her towards Jung Kook. "I think it will be an advantage if the one in the back is lighter. "

 

"No way! ", she disagrees. 

 

"Okay! All participants, please come in the center! ", another one of the MC's, Jude, says. 

 

"Go, go, go! ", they all say as they shove Jong Kook and Ji Hyo forward despite their protests. 

 

Ji Hyo looks around. The three teams next to them both have a girl and a boy as players, and one of those girls had been giving her sharp looks since yesterday, and the other one is the one whom she had kicked in the face yesterday. 

 

She ignores them both and clenches her teeth. Their competition has just given her determination to win. 

 

"I'm gonna show you how it feels to lose. ", she mumbled. 

 

Jong Kook, having heard her, looks at her over his shoulder with a confused expression. "What did you say? ", he asks. 

 

She looks up, only having realized that she is talking to herself, and shakes her head. 

 

"Is that your habit? Talking to yourself? ", he asks. 

 

"Aisshh! ", she lifts up her arm as if threatening to hit him. 

 

His eyes widen, and he instinctively covers his head to block the hit. 

 

Then she just let her arm down. 

 

"Were you really going to hit me? ", he asks, as if he could not believe what he just saw. 

 

She just looks away sharply. 

 

 

The rules of the game were announced. 

 

The first team who would turn into a post, set not too far ahead, and get back to their starting line first wins. 

 

Kim Jong Kook bends by his knees as the MC's give the cue to start. 

 

"3, 2, ..!"

 

Ji Hyo boards on his back and he supports her legs with his arms as she calmly holds into his shoulders. 

 

He resists the urge to tell her that she is heavier than she looks, for he is certain he would have gotten a good smack from her. 

 

He is not sure if she really is the hitting type yet. Almost everyone in school sees her as Miss Prim and Proper. But he is certainly sure she almost hit him earlier though. 

 

"Ready..! START! ", Jude yells. 

 

He sprints so fast that he immediately gets past through 4 pairs with Ji Hyo clinging strongly behind him. 

 

But suddenly, Ji Hyo topples backward as she yelps with annoyance, lowering his acceleration. 

 

He sees the two other teams with girls on their backs pass by both of their sides. 

 

"Sjncisne!!! ", Ji Hyo cussed after those two teams, which surprises him. 

 

He focuses in running again but just gets third place. 

 

He places her down and faces her. 

 

"Hey! You should have held on tighter and we could have won! ", he says, but her gaze is not directed to him though. 

 

She is currently throwing dagger looks at the girls on the other teams. 

 

"Hey! ", he calls. 

 

Only then does she turn to him, her gaze still piercing. 

 

"You should concentrate on the game and not the competition. ", he says, refering to the girls. 

 

"OKAY, WE STILL HAVE TO DO TWO MORE TO DECIDE 2ND AND 3RD PLACE. ", the MC announces and the players move to their spot again. 

 

The current winners are now standing aside,having already claimed 1st place.

 

"Okay! We have to place second!", Ji Hyo says with a sudden boost of determination.

 

"Of course we should!", he says as he bent again and she boards on his back.

 

This time, she leans forward and wraps her arms around his neck, her face hovering just over his right shoulder as she says through clench teeth,"You dare mess with the wrong girl."

 

Though he seems confused if for whom that statement is though.

 

"GO!"

 

"Go,go,go!", Ji Hyo urges as the race starts that he almost thought he is about to go deaf, for her lips are just beside his ears, but he keeps running.

 

Two teams are ahead of them, but he is now catching up behind them.

 

The rider of the one in front of them is one of the girls whom he saw Ji Hyo having a glaring contest with earlier.

 

He goes faster,and he comes side by side with them.

 

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees the other girl reach out to their direction.

 

"Oh no, you don't, -#*%73-4!", Ji Hyo cusses again as he feels one of her arms unclings from his neck and slings the other girl's hand away.

 

He hears that girl yelp in pain before he goes even faster and leaves that team behind.

 

Their team mates cheer loudly as they both reaches the finish line and they are announced second.

 

He places Ji Hyo down and does a high five with the others.

 

But when he turns and takes a glance at Ji Hyo, he resists himself from laughing, for she looks like a mess.

 

Her hair is ruffled, with some strands sticking on the side of her face, and even his sweater is showing a lot of skin on one side of her shoulders than the other.

 

But still, she is smiling triumphantly as she gives an uncanny gaze at the girl she had just beaten.

 

Kang Gary comes next to her and pats her shoulder. "Good job, Ji Hyo-ah.", he greets.

 

That is when her evil gaze disappears and is replaced by her usual, blank expression.

 

"How did you injure your arm?", he overhears a guy ask.

 

He turns around and sees that it is the partner of the girl whose arms had been slung away by Ji Hyo.

 

"Oh! Don't touch it! I think it's bruised!", the girl complains and throws a glare at Ji Hyo.

 

Did she just..injured another girl???