Music in Me

Spartace: School Love Affair

Ji Hyo is still smiling on her way inside the house because of Joong Ki when she sees something that completely brought her mood from 100 to 0.

She has been too distracted with the new people she is getting close with that she forgot tgat her freedom is only temporary. 

And now, she knows her freedom is going to an end. 

For her Aunt Ma Ri is sitting in the middle of their couch, apparently waiting for her. Her face is blank and emotionless, making her wonder if she is still mad about what happened wewks ago. 

"I'm home. ", she says with a respectful voice as she gets in. 

"Sit down. ", Aunt Ma Ri says in a commanding tone. 

She wants to say no, or to get out of the house, or do anything to rebel, but she just can not get the courage to, especially when she sees her mom in the kitchen, cooking. 

So she just heads towards the loveseat perpendicular to the couch and sits down. 

"Have you been enjoying school? ", her aunt asks, but she is smart enough to know she is actually refering to her rebelling. 

"Yes. ", she says in a low voice. 

"Are you maintaining your grades? Did it drop a point? "

"No, it did not drop. "

"Hmm. I see. ", her aunt answers, in a tone of venomous sweetness. "I heard that you have not been attending pianon lessons. "

She looks down guiltily and does not answer. She gets herself ready to listen for hours of long scoldings and lectures. 

"I'll let you off this time. Just this time.", Aunt Ma Ri says, surprising Ji Hyo that she looks up to stare at her aunt. "But i'll be telling your mentor to expect you in the music room tommorow. "

She is somehow relieved, but then immediately feels bad. She will be busy again, and she will not be seeing Jong Han, perhaps, for weeks. 

"I'll be going then. I'll pick you up tomorrow morning for school. ", Aunt Ma Ri says, gets to her feet and leaves the house, leaving her sad, frustrated and angry at herself for not being able to stand up for herself again. 

"Ji Hyo-ah.. ", her mom says when she comes in the living room. "Let's go have dinner now. "

In the next morning, she starts ro act like a robot again. 

She gets into her aunt's car, unable to enjoy the warm sunshine again. 

She rolls the window down to at least see it. She sees lots of students along the road walking towards school, and she wishes she can be one of them. 

As soon as the car turns inside the school gate, her gaze meets Jong Kook's. 

He seems to be surprised to see her in a car again that he even halts. He just stares at her as the car drives towards the parking area. 

She should have asked him to help her, but she know he can't, and won't if he can. For Jong Kook is not the type who gets into other's business. 

But still she maintain's a blank face, which she has not kept for a while. 

"Enjoy school. ", her aunt says as she slides out of rhe car. 

She does not answer and just heads towards the school building. 

When dismissal time comes, she heads towards the music room for her piano lessons. 

"Noona! Come on! I'll walk you home.", Joong Ki offers  when she is already in the hallways. 

"I have piano lessons, Joong Ki-ah. ", she says. 

"Why---Your aunt is back again? ", he asks, getting the situation immediately. 

She nods. 

"Ahh, too bad. Well, you should go then. It will be cool for you tonplay the piano though. "

She smiles. "I am already cool. ", she says and goes ahead. 

Right before she can turn to the hallway leading to the music room, she meets another guys. 

"Yah, aren't you going to see Jong Han today? ", Jong Kook asks. 

"I can't. I have piano lessons. "

He sighs in exhaustion and closes his eyes. "What am i gonna do? ", he whines. 

"Why? ", she asks. 

He glares at her. "She'll be looking for you, just like she did yesterday. She asked a lot of question about you yesterday that i thought i'm going to be crazy! "

"Really? ", she asks, overwhelmed. 

"You shouldn't have make her used to your presence when you know you ca---uuhh, why am i nagging like a guy being left by a girl... ", he curs himself off. 

She can not help but smile while looking at the problematic Jong Kook. 

He gives him a threating look. "Son't you dare see my situation as funny, Song Ji Hyo. "

"But you are. ", she says, her smiling turning into a chuckle. 

He sighs again. "Whatever. I'll just find a compeller and pay him to make that child forget you. ", he says, turning around to leave. 

"Don't be mean! ", she yells. 

He just waves a hand to let her know he heard it but does not even looks back. 

"Tss. You can't do that to your sister though. ", she says, knowing he can't do anything harsh to his sister. 

Shw heads towards the music room and gets inside. 

"Ou? Kang Gary! ", she yells, happy to see someone else other than her mentor. 

Gary is sitting in one of the benches of the music room. She heads towards him and sits next to him. 

"You're still here? ", she asks. 

"Ou. I somehow felr like i should stay a bit longer. Now i know why. ", he jokes, glancing at her. 

She chuckles. "You're jokes makes my fingers cringe. "

"So you're having piano lessons again? "

She nods. 

"What about i hear you play? "

"Eeehy, it will be a burden, having the music club president as my audience."

"Oh come on! Let me hear it.. maybe i can help you be better than tou already are.. "

"Really? You'll make me the best pianist? "

"Of course! "

She chuckles and heads towards the piano. 

She has never played in front of anyone other than her aunt and mentor becore, and she used to feel uncomfortabke about it. 

But now, she feels really at ease, seeing Gary sitting in that bench with a smile. 

She trusts him. She does not burden her. And his presence encourage her to feel the music and play better.