Naui Oppa

Spartace: School Love Affair

Ji Hyo spots Jae Suk walking out of the school while she is on her way out of the school building, ready to go home when Kwang Soo catches up with her.

"Noona. Are you going home already?", he asks.

"Yes. ", she says.

"Walk me to the hyungs for a while. ", he demands, placing his arm around her shoulders and leading him to the back garden before she can refuse.

"Yah! Let go of me! ", she says but Kwang Soo refuses.

They come at the back garden and sees the others gathered in the same bench that they stayed on the other day.

They are talking about something anxiously.

"What's the fuss about? ", Kwang Soo asks, head locking Ji Hyo as she tries to escape.

"Jae Suk hyung seems to be upset at us. ", Gary answers.

"Why? ", Kwang Soo asks.

"He'd been pretty silent lately.", Dong Hoon says.

Ji Hyo stops squirming under Kwang Soo's arm as she hears this.

So she's not the only one who is being ignored by Jae Suk?

"He kind of like, shut me off earlier.", she says.

"Me, too. ", Dong Hoon says.

"Me, too. ", Seok Jin adds.

"Is something wrong with him? ", Joong Ki asks.

"Let's go and ask him. ", Kwang Soo suggests.

"Go find him first. ", Seok Jin says.

As they are all talking, Ji Hyo notices Jong Kook just sitting in the bench and only listening, not saying a word.

"Let's go find Jae Suk hyung. ", Joong Ki says.

"I saw him just before we got here. ", Ji Hyo says.

"Where? "

"He's heading out of the school. "

"Let's go. ", Joong Ki says urgently.

"Let's just go together. ", Gary suggests and all of them stands up from the bench.

Kwang Soo continues to drag Ji Hyo despite her failed escapes. They are even getting behind from the team.

"You better let me go now or you're gonna regret it! ", she yells.

"But nOona, we have to go to Jae Suk Hyung! "

"Why do i have to go with you?! ", she asks, remembering the fact that she does not really know a lot about these guys except for their names and what year they are in high school.

"Because we're a team! "

"Team? Hh! What a load of crap. "

Kwang Soo stops, lets go and stares at her, surprised at what she had just said.

"Noona... ", he says in disbelief.

"What? ", she asks, realizing how big of a deal it is.

"Is that how you see us? A load of crap? ", he asks.

It is a good thing the others are already far ahead.

"I mean... ", she falters, not knowing what to say.

She doesn't even understand it herself. She does not get why the group even hangs out together. They all have different likes and hobbies and personalities, but they get together during lunch times and breaks just because of nothing. They just naturally gets together.

But when she really thinks about it, she does not know anything about the guys. She wants to keep whatever they have, but she hates something she can not recognize. She really hates not knowing.

Before she can speak again, she sees Jong Kook pass by them without a care.

She follows him with a look, fully aware that he heard what she said.

"That guy does not even care about what i said. Why do you? ", she asks Kwang Soo.

"Right. Why do i even care? You're someone who is so good at everything, and we're too low to be friends with you. ", he says and goes ahead, leaving her behind.

"What? ", she mumbles. "I did not... THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEANT! UUUUGGHHH!!! ", she says, and waited for a second, hoping he will turn around and say he is just joking.

But he continues to walk away as if he did not hear anything.

"Who cares if he they leave? ", she mumbles to herself, but still waits for Kwang Soo to look back. 

But he never does.

She turns around to wait for her aunt in the front of the building, but she feels a great desire to follow the others.

"Why would i even follow them? ", she asks, trying to convince herself that she doesn't need to go with them.

But she remembers the times Kwang Soo gets her food during lunch time. The time they looked for her late at night. The times that they have to put up with her stubborn attitude.

"AAAISSSH! ", she exclaims as she turns around and follows them.

She walks past Kwang Soo, snobbing him as he looks at her.

She soons catches up with Jong Kook,who comes second from last.

This another annoying, grumpy guy who is being so secretive lately.

She cast a look at him as he glances at her.

"Jae Suk Hyung!", she can hear the others call ahead, trying to catch up with the older one.

She runs after them, catching up immediately.

Dong Hoon throwd his arm around Jae Suk's shoulder when he catches up with him.

"Hyung!", Joong Ki says as they all gather around Jae Suk.

"O? What are you guys doing here?", he asks,as if he has just notice them all.

"Eeehyy! Stop acting like you did not hear us calling.", Gary says.

Ji Hyo can spot the guilt and coldness in Jae Suk's eyes behind his glasses. She can clearly see that he is upset with something.

"I did not. I was preoccupied with some things. I have to go.", he says and tries to walk again but they block him.

"Hyung. Don't be like this.", Gary says.

"Tell us what's wrong, Jae Suk-ah.", Seok Jin says.

"Nothing."

"Then why aren't you looking at us in the eyes?", she asks.

He turns to her and meets her gaze. "What are you talking about?"

"You're upset with something."

"I told you. I'm not. I have to go.", he says,and squeezes out between Kwang Soo and Gary.

All they can do is look at his back as he walks away.

"Opp---!!!"

"SONG JI HYO!"

She is cut off by a female voice that she immediately recognizes and sends fear in her chest.

She looks around and sees her aunt, looking out of the window of a black car. She looks so angry as she stares at her together with the guys.

The car stops in the side of the street and her aunt slides out.

She immediately goes to her before things go worse.

"Aunt---!"

Slap!

Her face turns to the side with the impact of the slap that she can even see the surprised expression in the guys' faces from her position.

She immediately feels embarassed, having them witness something like this.

She turns back to her aunt as if nothing happened.

"I clearly told you not to hang out with those guys. You really asked for pyblic embarassment."

"I was just---!"

Slap!

She clenches her fist as she feels her anger rise up together with the heatening of her face. The slap stung, and she feels something fluid rising up into .

"Now you're talking back?!"

She clenches her teeth,ready for another slap as she says, "No, i'm not. I'm just trying to explain---!"

Sge clench her eyes as she sees her aunt's hand rise up for another slap.

But another second passes without anything landing on her face.

She opens her eyes and it widens as she sees why.

Jae Suk is right next to her, his hand wrapped around her aunt's wrist. He caught her hand before her palm can land in Ji Hyo's face.

She does not know what to feel.

She is surprised. But relieved. But also scared for Jae Suk.

"What are you doing?!", her aunt asks as she retrieves her hand.

"Excuse me for interrupting, Maam. But i think tou're going overboard."

"What did you just say, student?!"

"It is not good for you to put tour neice in embarassment."

"Is that school teaching you how to talk back to an adult, huh?!"

"Absolutely not, Maam. But we go there to know what isnproper and what is not. And i believe that what you just did belongs in the latter."

Her aunt just gives Jae Suk an angry look before she turns to Jae Suk.

"Yah. You get in the car."

She is about to step towards the car but Jae Suk blocks her with his arm.

She looks at him with a questioning looks, but she feels another hand holding her wrist.

She turns around and sees Jong Kook. He drags her away from her aunt, back to where the others are gathered.

She is too stunned in the situation to do anything.

"You are fully aware that hitting a minor could get you in jail, aren't you, maam?", Jae Suk asks Ji Hyo's aunt. "And you must know, maam, what we know where exactly is the police station. "

"You---! ", she yells, but stops and just glares at Ji Hyo. Then she storms back to her car, slides in and drives away.

Ji Hyo hears the guys' relieved sigh as the car disappears.

"Your aunt is a real witch! ", Kwang Soo says fearfully.

Only then does she notice that Jong Kook's hand is still gripping her wrist. And she pulls it casually, earning a glare from him.

Jae Suk goes back to them.

"Waaaah!!! Jae Suk hyung is the best! ", Dong Hoon yells.

"You should not let her hurt you like that. ", Jae Suk tells her.

She just shrugs. She's too embarassed to say that a fiery girl like her is afraid of her aunt. Not because she might hurt her, but because her aunt vents her anger out to her mother.

"Eeeehhh, he's being modest. ", Joong kI teases.

"Hyung, you were really cool back there. ", Kwang Soo says.

"Eeeeeeeehhh! ", the others teases.

She is wuite relieved when she sees the faint smile that is trying to escape Jae Suk's lips.

"Look at him. He's trying to hide his smile! Eeeehahahaha! "

Jae Suk finally smiles because of Dong Hoon's teasing.

"Why are you being a drama king, anyway? ", Jong Kook asks.

"I'm not. ", Jae Suk denies.

"I think he's upset that we listen to Ji Hyo instead of him. ", Seok Jin asks.

Ji Hyo's eyes widens. "Really?!"

"Noooo! ", he says, but looks away guiltily.

"He really is! ", Joong Ki says and the others laugh.

Jae Suk laughs along, too. But then he pats Ji Hyo's shoulder.

"I can not resist Ji Hyo especially when i hear her calling me oppa. "

"Unfair. ", Dong Hoon says, together with Gary.

"Why do you call them oppa and not us? "

"Fine!fine! I 'm calling you that! ", she says and they yells in success.

"Let me hear it. ", Dong Hoon asks, leaning close to hear better.

"Oppa. ", she says, unable to resist smiling.

"Waaaaahhh! ", Dong Hoon yells.

"Me. Me. Me. ", Gary asks.

"Gary oppa. ", she says, sending a reaction too overboard to the boys.

"Me. Me. Me. ", Kwang Soo butts in, crouching to hear better.

That just makes it easier for her to hit him in the head as she says, "Forget it!"