A Morning Surprise

Spartace: School Love Affair

Ji Hyo is heading out of the school grounds when someone calls her from behind.

And judging from the voice, she is certain that it is someone annoying so she walks quicker instead of stopping.

"Hey, Ji Hyo-ssi! ", the pursuer yells. 

She pretends not to hear a thing and tries to get away from him as possible. 

Bump! 

She instead found her head bumping against something hard but soft at the same time. 

She looks up and finds out that she had just bumped into Kim Jong Kook's chest. 

His dark eyes are staring down at her with a frown, though she can not figure out if it is because he is annoyed with her or because of the sunlight hurting his eyes. 

But she has no time to figure that out. She bows her head and is about to walk past her when he speaks. 

"Areyou deaf? ", he asks. 

 

She stops and looks up at him with a questioning look. "Huh? "

 

He jerks his head to Yoo Jae Suk, who is the one calling her. "His throat is about to burst just by calling your name. ", he states. 

 

Tss, this guy's getting on my nerves!,  she says to herself and faces Yoo Jae Suk finally. 

 

Yoo Jae Suk stops in front of them and plants his hands against his knees, trying to catch his breath. 

 

"Aahh, how can you walk that fast.. ", he says as he pants. He has a piece of paper in his hands. 

 

"Why are you calling me? ", she asks flatly. 

 

He finally stands up straight and hands her the paper. "You need to join us. "

 

Her brows frowned as she stares at the paper, unwilling to take it. "What is that? "

 

"Read it. "

 

But she just stares blankly from Jae Suk's eyes to the paper and back to him. 

 

Jong kook even sighs in irritation as he watches the boring scene. "Ahh, this girl is too cautious and suspecting. Have you been fooled all your life? ", he asks as he snatches the paper from Jae Suk's hand and takes hers, making her hold the paper. 

 

"It's an invitation for all class presidents to join a leadership training. "

 

"What? ", she snaps. "I'm not going! "

 

"Hey! Can't you think about it first? How can you say no immediately? ", Jae Suk asks. 

 

"No, i don't think i can go. " Socializing is not really her thing. She prefers staying home when not in school. 

 

"It's mandatory, though. So yeah, see you this coming saturday. ", Jong Kook says before he walks away. 

 

She glares at his retreating back as he heads back to the school, leaving Ji Hyo with JaeSuk. 

 

"So.. ", he breaks the uncomfortable atmosphere. "We'll meet here at 6 oclock on Saturday morning. See you. "

 

"Wait! I'm not saying that i'm going! ", she yells after him as he also walks away. 

 

He ignores what he says and just waves his hand to her. 

 

She stands there, irritated on the fact that the annoying people in her life are fastly rising in count and wondering what she had just done to deserve this kind of change in her life. 

 

"Ji Hyo-ah.. "

 

She awakens with the voice of her mom. She rolls on her bed and opens one eye to take a peek at the clock over her bedside table. 

 

Then she moans hatefully when she sees that it is still 6:00 in the morning. 

 

It is the weekend and she usually stays in bed until 9.

 

Her mom is saying something but she can not just hear it as she hides under her covers again. 

 

"Hey! Get up there and go down! ", her mom says in a loud voice as her blanket is pulled off her. 

 

"Mom! ", she complains. 

 

"Wash your face and get down quick.", her mom orders and gets out of her room. 

 

What can be there that her mom is telling her to come down early in a weekend?, she wonders. 

 

So she slides off the bed with her eyes still threatening to close, marches towards her door like a zombie and heads downstairs, her hair disturbing her view as she looks down. 

 

She passes by the living room and heads straight towards the kitchen, completely ignoring the sudden silence that comes the moment she arrives. 

 

She opens the refrigerator door and pulls out a pitcher of water. Then she drinks directly from it. 

 

The cold water seems to have waken her up, for her mind starts to tick and the unusual sight her eyes caught while she was heading to the kitchen has just fallen into place. 

 

She is quite certain she caught a glimpse of about 6 people in the living room. 

 

But there is only her, her mom and dad living in the house. So how can there be 6?

 

Her eyes widens and she hastily heads back to the living room, water still in , only to wish the floor would immediately open and swallow her whole, for there are really 6 people in the living room! 

 

But it is not her parents, but 6 annoying boys that have successfully ruined her morning. 

 

"Good Morning, Ji Hyo-ssi! ", Jae Suk greets. 

 

She suddenly chokes at the water from in surprise. 

 

"Ten! ", Ha Dong Hoon declares and holds out a hand in front of Kwang Soo, who sadly places money over it. "I told you she's a bit slow. ", he says. 

 

"What are you doing here? ", she asks after she clears out water from . 

"Aiggh! Look at you!", her mom says when she comes at their living room, looking at her critically. 

 

She is still in her pajamas and her hair is like a bird's nest and she is pretty sure there are still sleep in her eyes. 

 

"I told you to wash your face before you come down! ", her mom says. 

 

"Mom! Why did you not tell me they're here?! "

 

"I told you, young lady! ", she says as she heads to the kitchen, leaving her with the guys again. 

 

"We knew you won't be coming so we came here to get you, noona. ", Joong Ki says. 

 

"I'm not going. ", she says. 

 

But then she heards a loud bunk! like something hitting the floor. 

 

They all turn their heads to see her dad, who has just put down a trolley on the floor. 

 

Her trolley. 

 

"You're ready to go! ", her dad announces. Then hesitation comes into his eyes when he sees her. "Uuh.. I guess not. "

 

"What are you still doing here?! ", her mom asks as she pushes her back to the stairs. "Quickly change so you can leave! "

 

"But i'm not going! ", she resists. 

 

But her mom is too strong that she gets pushed up a couple of steps into the stairs. "You're going! Quickly! "

 

"Uughhhh!! I can't believe this! ", she yells as she stomps back to her room. 

 

​​​