The Rose among Thorns is a Troublemaker

Spartace: School Love Affair

Kim Jong Kook is dragging Song Ji Hyo's trolley behind him while Kwang Soo and Ha Dong Hoon are trying to keep her on track. 

 

She has been resisting to some ever since she got out of their house. She tries to free herself from their hold and runs away towards the other direction. Thankfully, Kwang Soo's long strodes had able to keep up with her. 

 

Now, she is threatening the guys with her fists, she even hit Ha Dong Hoon in the face already as she tries to escape. 

 

He, on the other hand, chose to just help by bringing her things. He might guarantee strength, but he prefers not to use it towards a girl. 

 

But this girl is a bit weird, though. 

 

Ever since this morning when they saw her come down the stairs half-asleep and completely did not notice them as she passed by the living room completely changed his belief that girls always try to look good, even when asleep. 

 

His impression of her as a girl who is prim and proper has already gone with the wind. 

 

Who would have thought that this girl, whom most of the girls in school envies and most of the guys in school admires would wear buzz lightyear pajamas? 

 

Finally, after half an hour of trying to drag Ji Hyo towards the bus stop, they finally board the bus, where Ji Hyo attempts her last chance of escape. 

 

He manages to grab her arm, though. And to make sure that she does not do it again on The next bus stop, he makes her sit on the window side next to him, so she would have no escape. 

 

He can tell that she is completely displeased with it though. He can see it through those big, round eyes. 

 

"Uughh! How can a girl be that strong? ", Ha Dong Hoon says to Kwang Soo. They are both sitting in front of Kim Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. 

 

"My arms sore. ", Kwang Soo complains. 

 

"Hey, did it bruise? ", Dong Hoon asks, showing his side of the face where Ji Hyo had hit him earlier. 

 

Kwang Soo stares at it for a second. "It turned red. "

 

"Really?"

 

"Really. "

 

"Jong Kook-ah, you better make sure Ji Hyo won't make an escape. We're nearing the next bus stop. ", Jae Suk eeminds him from behind. 

 

He turns his head to look at Ji Hyo. 

 

Only to find her already sleeping. Her head is hanging frontwards without any support, and it sways wherever the bus sways, but she does not look uncomfortable though. 

 

She is fast asleep despite her position. 

 

"I don't think she will. ", Jong Kook says. 

 

"Huh? ", Jae Suk asks and leans towards them. "Wahhh.. This girl. How can she fall asleep that fast? ",he asks in awe. 

 

Ha Dong Hoon, who twisted in his seat just to look, shakes his head in disapproval. 

 

"This girl is really weird. ", he says. 

 

An hour later, they arrive at the venue of their leadership training. 

 

He stands up and immediately unboards the bus. 

 

"Hey, Jong Kook Hyung! You did not wake Ji Hyo up!", Gary yells after him. 

"Oh, i forgot! ", he answers, getting their things from the trunk. 

 

"Ji Hyo-ah. ", Gary says as he shakes her shoulder gently. 

 

Kim Jong Kook has already taken out all of their things before Gary has finally woken up Ji Hyo, who unboarded the bus with puffy eyes and sleepy face. 

 

"I really can't believe this girl. ", Ha Dong Hoon mutters to him. 

 

"I know. ", he agrees. 

 

They head towards the event director and is given a key to their own room. Ji Hyo is given another one, which she will be sharing with another from other schools since she is the only girl. 

They bring their things to their room and take a rest for a little bit. 

 

Kwang Soo lies down the bed with a relieved sigh. "Ji Hyo Noona is really hard to handle. ", he says and grimaces. 

 

Joong Ki throws himself next to Kwang Soo. "I don't even know what i'm doing here. ", he says. 

 

"Yah, do you think Suk Jin, Jong Kook and i can hanfle it if you three were not here? ", Jae Suk says as he settles on another bed. 

 

Ha Dong Hoon looks at Jong Kook as he says, "Jong Kook Hyung can handle her alone. "

 

"I don't think so. His strength doesn't work on girls. ", Suk Jin states, making Jong Kook want to strangle him. 

 

He just gives him a piercing glare instead. He can not do anything more since Suk Jin is older than him. 

 

"What? It's true, anyway. ", Seok Jin says. 

 

At Noon, they get out of their room and head towards the dining Hall. Many students has already arrived and are curre tly eating their lunch, too. 

 

"Ji Hyo is there! ", Gary says as he points somewhere near one corner. 

 

They all follow his gaze. 

 

They really saw her, sitting alone in a table and eating lunch as if she has no care in the world at all. 

 

Gary leads the way towards her. 

 

"Ji Hyo-ssi! You did not even wait for us? ", he says as he sits on the bench across her. 

 

The rest of them settled around the same table. But Jong Kook is the last one to take a seat, and he looks at them as he realizes that there is no other place to sit other than the place next to Ji Hyo. 

 

He gives them a seriously?!-kind of look. They just gesture him to take a seat. 

 

He sits next to her, who has filled with food. 

 

They order Ha Dong Hoon, Song Joong Ki and Lee Kwang Soo to get their food. 

 

"Did you bring us here to do this? ", Kwang Soo asks when the three of them comes back with trays of food in their hands. 

 

"Ji Hyo-ah. Is your room okay? ", Suk Jin asks. 

 

She just nods and continues to focus on her food, making the six guys exchange looks. 

 

As the Dining Hall gets crowded, Jong Kook can hear many people checking out others. 

 

"The one wearing blue is cute. ", he hears a girl say from behind.

 

He looks among them and finds Joong Ki wearing a blue hoodie, and he is wrapping meat with lettuce and holding it out in front of Ji Hyo's mouth. 

 

"Is she his girlfriend? ", Jong Kook hears the same girl say with hate. 

 

"She's the only girl in their group. ", another one says from the table next to theirs. 

 

"She's acting like she's somekind of princess being aided by her princes. Tsk. "

 

Jong Kook is not hearing good things, so he decides to just focus on eating. 

 

 

After being welcomed during lunch, they are set free to check out the environment and get ready for the pfficial start of Training the next day. 

 

Jong Kook decides to run around the oval surrounding the Place as exercise, ignoring some girls who are shooting signals and gazes towards him as he passes by. 

 

He even meets some of them when he takes a stop under a tree and some girls come and introduce theirselves to her. 

 

He has to admit that he feels good with the attention. He is still smiling as he walks along the corridor on his way back to his room. 

 

But as he passes by room23, where he  has known Ji Hyo is staying, it suddenly opens and two girls rushes out. 

 

One is assisting the other, who is holding her bleeding nose. 

 

He follows them with a look as they rush towards the lobby. Then he looks at the door, wondering where Ji Hyo is. 

 

He later convinces himself that she might be out enjoying herself with some guys, for he also heard some guys admiring her earlier. 

 

He resumes to walking to their room. 

 

They have fun during dinner, introducing theirselves to the others, especially to the girls, that the fact that Ji Hyo is not around temporarily slips their mind. 

 

After that, they go back to their room for the lights out. 

 

They are already sprawled over their own beds and are covered with their spft blankets when Gary speaks. 

 

"Has anyone seen Ji Hyo during dinner? ", he asks. 

 

"No. ", Kwang Soo answers. 

 

"Right. That almost slipped my mind. ", Jase Suk says. 

 

"Do you think she went home? ", Suk Jin asks. 

 

"Hyung, she doesn't know where this place is. ", Jong Kook states. "She slept all throughout the ride. I doubt if she even know where we are. "

 

"Maybe she just stayed in her room. That girl seems to be a bit of a loner. ", Dong Hoon says. 

 

Then Jong Kook gets reminded by what he saw earlier. 

 

"I saw her roommates coming out with one of them having a nosebleed earlier. She did not even came out to check on her.", he says. 

 

Slam! 

 

All of them flinch with the sound of the door slamming against the wall. 

 

Jong Kook sits bolt upright, and as he looks around, so did everybody. 

 

They all stare at the one who opened the door. The lights are out, so they cannonly make out the silhouette of the new arrival. 

 

It is someone with long hair, and is wearing matching white outfit. 

 

If Jong Kook is cowardly enough, he would have thought it was a white lady and whimpered, just like Kwang Soo and Ha Dong Hoon. 

 

The lights turn on, revealing the form of Ji Hyo, her face blank and unreadable. 

 

"Ji Hyo-ah, what are you doing here? ", Jae Suk asks. 

 

Then Jong Kook remembers the rules, merits and demerits of the said event that is announced earlier. 

 

"Get in. Quick! Close the door before someone sees you and they will knock off points! ", he says urgently. 

 

But Ji Hyo just stares around blankly as if she just does not understand. 

 

He hastily slides off his bed and heads towards her. He pulls her inside and closes the door. 

 

"It's already lights off, anyone caught disobeying will be demirited from the school team's points. ", he explains. 

 

"Noona, what are you doing here, anyway? ", Joong Ki asks. 

 

"I'm sleeping here. "

 

"What?! ", they all say in unison. 

 

"Ji Hyo-ssi, you might not have noticed but.. We're all guys in here. ", Jae Suk says. 

 

"You think i want this? No. You should not have dragged me in here in the first place. ", she says and heads towards the only unoccupied bed; Jong Kook's. 

 

"Hey! Hey! ", he tries to stop her as she goes under the cover and lies down. 

 

He draws closer to the bed. "Hey! Why are you sleeping in my bed? ", he complains. 

 

"It's mine now. ", she says and immediately closes her eyes. 

 

"Hey! ",he calls out desperately. 

 

But she is closing her eyes and is acting deaf. 

Jong Kook laughs humorlessly as he stares at the careless girl who is already fast asleep inside a room full of guys. 

 

"I can't believe this. ", he says, sweeping his hand through his hair. 

A few minutes later and she is already sleeping soundly. 

"She might not want her roommates. ", Suk Jin guesses. 

 

Jong Kook looks around, and spots Kwang Soo as the easiest target. 

 

He heads towards him. 

 

"What? Why-why-why? ", he asks in panic. 

 

Jong Kook immediately sits on Kwang Soo's bed. 

 

"Hyung! What are you doing? " 

 

"Taking over your bed. "

 

"B-but.. This is mine! "

 

"Now it's mine. "

 

"But hyung, this just couldn't be. "

 

"Move. ", he says firmly. 

 

They argue for a few minutes, until they get forced to sleep next to each other by Jae Suk. 

 

So Jong Kook ends up sleeping next to Kwang Soo, and they turn the lights off again. 

 

A few hours pass, and Kim Jong Kook is still awake. He is having trouble sleeping. 

 

He feels uncomfortable lying next to Kwang Soo, especially when he is really good at dancing ballet while sleeping. 

 

He keeps turning around, rolling over the bed, sticking himself to Jong Kook. He has to resist the urge to push him off the bed. And not to mention that Ha Dong Hoon is sleeping soundly on the bed next to him, like literally. 

 

Ha Dong Hoon is snoring so loudly. 

 

He finally decides that he can not take it anymore. He sits up and swings his legs off the bed. 

 

He gets to his feets and ---!

 

Kabump! 

 

Someone hits the floor. 

 

He looks around, his vision adjusting in the darkness, and finally spots Ji Hyo, sitting up in the floor. 

 

He shakes his head in disbelief. 

 

This girl does a lot of weird things without knowing it., he thinks. 

 

He just stands there and watches her. 

 

He gets confused though, when she stands up and walks towards the door instead of lying back down to the bed. 

 

Is she sleepwalking?,  he asks himself as she opens the door and goes out. 

 

He sighs in frustration, knowing that he now has the responsibility to follow that girl. 

 

He scratches his head and reluctantly follows Ji Hyo. 

 

He is walking just a few yards behind her, who is hanging her head low while walking along the empty corridor. 

 

She would have been mistaken as a white lady if someone would come and see her. 

 

She turns towards the kitchen and opens the fridge. He stands in the threshold as she takes out a pitcher of water and drinks directly from it. 

 

"Aahh, this girl, seriously. ", he says to himself. 

 

So she is not really sleepwalking. 

 

She sits on one of the dining chairs and sighs audibly, still hasn't noticed his presence. 

 

"I did not mean to hit her face when i threw that kick though. ", she muttered in a low voice, but he could still hear her because of the silence. 

 

Wait a minute.. 

 

Hit? Kick? Face? 

 

Then Jong Kook remembers the girl with a bleeding nose earlier.. 

 

"You kicked that girl's nose? ", he finally speaks, making Ji Hyo jump in her seat in fright. 

 

Only then does her face turns visible, her milky white face glowing in the dark. 

 

"Hey! ", she complains when she recovers. "How can you sneak into people like that! "

 

"You were walking along the corridors like a white lady! ", he says. 

 

She just sighs in annoyance. "What are you doing here? ", she asks. 

 

"I thought you were sleepwalking. ", he says as he walks inside the kitchen and leand against the counter, facing her. 

 

"What were you saying? You kicked that girl in the face? ", he asks, drawing near towards her. 

 

He can see the panic in her eyes before it turns into annoyance. 

 

"You heard--- No! I did not kick anyone! ", she denies at the last second. 

 

He looks around to see if someone is around, for her voice is too loud. He comes across her on the table and puts a finger on his lips as he sushed her. 

 

"They'll take points if someone finds us in here. ", he says. "Why did you kick that girl, anyway? ", he shifted thr topic, hoping to get her admit it. 

 

"They were too annoying! And they're deliberately throwing things on my bed to hit me! ", she explains then her eyes widened as she realizes what she had just said. 

 

But it is too late to take it back. Jong Kook is already grinning triumphantly. 

 

She glares at him with shame. "You're really sneaky, ahh, i can't believe i just fell into that trap. "

 

He chuckles silently and leans forward. "And you are a lion dressed as a doe. Tsk tsk tsk. I can't believe i thought you were too innocent to hurt a fly. ", he says and gets up. 

 

"What did you say? Lion?! ", she asks as if she can not believe she had just heard that. "You're comparing me to a---"

 

Just before Jungkook can get out of the kitchen, he hears a muttering of voices from the corridor. 

 

He immediately goes to Ji Hyo, covers and pushes her under the table. 

 

She resists but somehow understands when he gives her a shut-up look and just goes under the table with him. 

 

They sit on the floor, their heads touching the table as they intently listens on the approaching voices. 

 

"Yeah, she really is a beauty. ", a male voice says as he arrives in the kitchen. 

JongKook exchanges looks with Ji Hyo, her expression unreadable. 

 

"But she's a bit of a snob, i think. ", another male says. 

 

"I agree with you. She barely smiles, and i think she's a bit stiff. "

 

"Hey, i got a worser observation. "

 

"What? "

 

"I went to greet her earlier this afternoon, and do you know what she did? "

 

"What? "

 

"She just stared at me blankly, and then looked away as if i was not there. Then she walked away! "

 

Next to him, Jong Kook notices Ji Hyo sighs as she closes her eyes tightly and bit her lower lip. 

 

When she looks at him, he gives her a questioning look. 

 

Then she makes a gesture of ppinting uo in the two boys, and then to herself. 

 

"Really? She just did that? "

 

"Yes! I think she's weird. "

 

Following Ji Hyo's gestures, Jong Kook somehow understands that she is trying to say that the two guys are talking about her. 

 

He just shakes his head as he stares at her. 

 

This girl already made an impression on others when the Training had not even officially started yet.