Why's

Spartace: School Love Affair

Ji Hyo is walking along the path to her house, being grumpy at what she has just saw. 

She wanted to see Jong Han earlier, but Jong Kook shooed her away. 

She was about to go home earlier when she remembered that she forgot to get a book from her locker, so she went back to get it, only to see Jong Kook and Eun Hye meeting in the hallway in where he was waiting. 

"He could've just said he was meeting Eun Hye eonnie. Why would he shoo me away like that? ", she asks to herself. "Tss. He thinks i'll disturb their date. ", she says bitterly. 

She opens the gate in their house and steps in. 

"Don't worry! I won't be a third wheel in you guys! ", she says. 

"Ji Hyo-ah? Who are you talking to? ", her mother asks from inside. 

"Nothing! ", she answers and hurries inside their house. 

She kisses her mother and father and then heads to her room. 

After eating dinner, she goes straight to bed, thinkingnof how chaotic her day had been. 

She stares at the ceiling of her room, lying flat on her back. 

"Who would do such thing? ", she asks herself. 

She had so many haters before, but none of them actually gone this far tgat they had to spend money and print lots of those posters. 

Because of that, she has grown an involuntary instinct to keep a distance between her and the others who has been in the poster with her. 

She falls asleep thinking about what she would do in the next day. 

..
..
..

Jong Kook joins the others in lunch the next day, only to see that Ji Hyo is not there, again. 

He sits next to Kwang Soo, who is craning his head to look for the someone, too. 

They are unusually silent, today. Each of them having their own way of looking around. 

This makes him remember what Eun Hye said the yesterday. 

She is right. 

These guys just can't stop looking for Ji Hyo whenever she's not around. 

But he holds himself mainly responsible for what Ji Hyo has been in. Eun Hye did it just because she thought he likes Ji Hyo. 

It is a ridiculous idea, though. 

His train of thoughts is cut off with Dong hOon's sigh. 

"Where is that girl? ", he finally asks the others. 

"Right. She's nowhere to be found. ", Jae Suk answers. 

"She's in class earlier. But she never spared a glance at us. "

"It's like she's avoiding us. ", Joong Ki says, pouting slightly. 

"I think she is. I met her in the hallway earlier, and she just suddenly changed direction. ", Seok Jin adds. 

Jong Kook is about to talk when he notices that the students around them starts talking louder, and their eyes turn into a particular direction. 

The entrance of the school cafeteria. 

The seven of them turns to its direction and sees Ji Hyo. 

Staring at her, Jong Kook sees the old Ji Hyo. Her head held high despite the stares and glares aim at her, her gaze unwavering, her poise straight and confident, and her face expressionless. 

She heads to the line of students wauting for their food and does not even spare a glance at anyone. 

"That girl, seriously. ", Jae Seok says, annoyed. 

She ignores eveeyone around her until she gets her food, where she turns to a direction which is completely opposite from them, as if she knows they are in there. 

"How rude! ", Kwang Soo says as he stares at Ji Hyo. 

She heads to an empty table, when suddenly, a girl stuck out her foot. 

Ji Hyo trips with it, causing her to tumble down, tray first, into the floor. 

There is a loud clatter as her food spills everywhere around her, together with the suppressed layghter from the audience. 

As if rehearsed, all seven of them springs to their feet and stands there, staring at Ji Hyo. 

She immediately kneels down from her sitting position and starts picking up the broken pieces of the bowl. 

"Yah! ", Gary yells, alarmed. 

But Jong Kook hastily hurtles around the tables to get to her and grabs her wrist to stop her from what she is doing. 

He hears a gasp just audible between them as she looks up at him in surprise. 

Seeing her eyes, he gets amused by her undeniable recklessness. For he can not even spot a single sight of embarassment in them. 

She just looks calm and cold. 

Who can look calm and cold in the middle of a laughing crowd? 

Only this girl, as far as he knows. 

And that makes him even more annoyed. 

He pulls her to her feet and drags her out of the cafeteria, the crowd giving way. 

She shows some attempt of getting Jong Kook's grip off her wrist, but he holds it tighter. 

He brings her to the rooftop and makes her face him. 

"You stupid! ", he says, trying to control his annoyance. 

"Why did you get involve? ", she asks. 

"What? ", he asks back, unable to believe what he has just heard. 

"You should've let me do anything in there. You shouldn't have come near me! "

"Yah, Song Ji Hyo! ", he says with a warning tone. 

"What? ", she asks, daring him to argue. 

He pauses, searching for the right words to say. Then he blurts out whatever comes in his mind first, for he can't think straight. 

"Why can't we get involve? "

"Why? Why do you care?!"

"Why can't we care?! ", he asks back. 

"You'll just make the situation worst for both sides! "

"I don't care about that! "

"Just... JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! "

He flinches at her shout. 

He had argued with Ji Hyo so many times before, but he has never received a yell as loud as this before. 

He did not expect that, and it makes him just stare at him in surprise. 

Just in time, the door of the rooftop opens and Jae Seok and the others arrive. 

He looks at them pile just behind him, and his annoyance goes worser when he sees someone else. 

Eun Hye. Looking anxious. 

He would have been fooled by her innocent face if he did not catch her the day before. 

Eun Hye passes him and holds Ji Hyo's hands. 

"Ji Hyo-ah, are you okay? ", she asks then gasps. 

They all looks at where she's looking. 

At Ji Hyo's bleeding hand. 

"Oh no. ", Eun Hye says anxiously. 

He closes his eyes to calm his self fown a bit before he speaks. 

"Yah. ", he says, referring to Eun Hye. 

They must have felt the coldness in his voice, for all of them turns to him. 

"Let go. ", he orders. 

"Who? ", Eun Hye asks. 

"You let go of that hand. ", he says, trying to tame the irritation inside him. 

"Jong Kook-ah.. ", Jae Seok says, unable to believe what he has just heard. 

"Oppa.. ", Eun Hye says. 

That makes him even more irritated. 

He hates her for changing that way. He hates her for turning into a betrayer who acts like she is a good friend. He just wants her to stop. 

"I said let go! ", he exclaims. 

Eun Hye looks hurt as she lets go of Ji Hyo's hand and turns to him, her eyes wet with gathering tears. 

She just looks at her and then leaves the rooftop. 

"Hyung, why did you do that?! ", Kwang Soo asks. 

"Just.. take care of that hand. ", he says. 

"Noona, are you okay? ", Joong Ki asks as he and the others get near Ji Hyo, who is just standing still. 

"Let's get this treated, Ji Hyo-ah.. ", Gary says and pulls Ji Hyo by the arm. 

Jae Seok, on the other hand, goes to Jong Kook. 

"Why did you do that? ", he asks him. 

But Jong Kook does not want to badmouth Eun Hye. He just can't hate her fully despite of what he is doing right now. 

So he just walks away and leaves his hyung hanging.