Save Me

Spartace: School Love Affair

Ji Hyo has just entered the school building when she sees a bunch of students crowding in front of the Principal's office.

She is not usually the nosy type, but when she sees Kwang Soo, she just instinctively catches up with him and asks what is going on in there.

"I don't know. ", Kwang Soo answers with his usual dumb expression.

She intends not to care about things that does not concern her, so they just proceeds to their classroom.

But later on, she is already seated in her seat when Dong Hoon comes rushing towards Joong Ki and Kwang Soo.

"Yah, yah, yah. Guess what. ", he says, a little bit bouncing in his seat.

"What? ", Kwang Soo asks.

"Gary Hyung is in the Principal's office. "

Hearing this, Ji Hyo turns her head to Dong Hoon's direction.

"Why? ", Joong Ki asks.

"No one knows yet. "

"Eeeehy. He usually goes in there, being ordered by the teachers and all. "

Ji Hyo is relieved upon hearing this. He's right. Maybe it wasn't Gary who has been involved in the situation earlier.

A minute later, their subject teacher comes in for their lesson.

After the morning classes, all the students rush out to go to the cafeteria.

Ji Hyo just leans her head into her desk, determined to take a nap while there is peace and quiet. 

But just before all of the students can walk out, she already feels a light tap in the shoulder.

She ignores it, thinking it is only Kwang Soo, bugging her to go to the cafeteria again.

But the tapping turns stronger.

And by the third tap, it is already an agressive one that is near a slap.

She sits bolt upright, ready to snap at Kwang Soo for being annoying but is taken aback when she sees Jong Kook instead.

Kwang Soo, Dong Hoon and Joong Ki are just behind him.

She looks past them and sees a few of her classmates casting a curious look at the strange sight of her being approached by a guy.

"What? ", she asks flatly. She hesitates at being cold when she recognizes the look in Jong Kook's face.

His brows are furrowed, his dark brown eyes filled with annoyance and anxiety.

"You must come with me. ", he says, reaching out for her wrist but she quickly pulls it away before he can grab it.

"You can't just say that and drag me anywhere. ", she says.

"But this is important. "

"Tell me and i'll know if it is. ", she says.

Jong Kook explains the situation to her despite of his urgency.

Gary is accused of stealing an exam paper that will be used in their preliminaries next week. The teacher says that it disappeared yesterday, right before 4pm.

"Why would that involve me? ", she asks.

"He was with you that time. "

"What? ", she asks, trapped.

"I'm sure of it. Because i remember hearing the bell right after he arrived in my room. "

She is about to stand up and go to where Gary is, prove that he is innocent, but her aunt suddenly crosses her mind.

If she will go and tell tge Principal that she is with Gary that time, it will spread in the whole school that she's dating Gary or something, and eventually, her aunt will hear about it. 
She'll be hanged if that happens.

So she gulps in her guilt and stays in her chair.

"I'm not going anywhere. ", she says.

Jong Kook looks surprised, as if he is not expected that.

"What? ", he asks.

"I'm not clearing up anything. "

He scoffs. "Yah. Gary rescued you from those girls. He walked you to the music room yesterday just to keep you company. He's a friend. "

"I don't have any friends. ", she says coldly, avoiding any of tgeir gazes.

"Noona. ", Kwang Soo says in disbelief. 
"Leave me alone. ", she says before she can take back her words.

"I thought you were better than what everybody is saying about you, Song Ji Hyo. I gueds i was wrong. ", Jong Kook says and walks out of the classroom.

Ji Hyo could definitely see the disappointment in his eyes as he turns away from her. The other trio follows out.

She leans back in her desk, trying to ignore the heavy feeling in her chest.

"I don't have any respinsibility about anyone. Who cares if i disappoint them. ", she says to herself.

Dong Hoon and Joong Ki comes back after lunch looking all depressed.

Then Kwang Soo comes in later, his shoulders down and his face gloomy as ever.

"What's the news? ", Joong Ki asks.

"Hyung is gonna be suspended for two months. ", Kwang Soo says as he sits in  his seat.

She looks out the window to divert her attention, but seeing the clear sky outside, she is reminded by the bond she had with those seven guys.

She never met people who could last long with her attitude, but Gary was the first one to smile at her as if she is not weird or scary at all.

She has to admit that she also had fun times with them.

And now that guy is about to get suspended for something he did not do.

Just because she is too afraid to be scolded by her aunt.

What a lame excuse.

She's just afraid of everything else. She is afraid of getting attached to people that's why she keeps her distance.

But the expression on Jong Kook's face, together with Kwang Soo, Dong Hoon and Joong Ki earlier makes her even feel heavier.

She takes a deep breath, taking a final decision in. "Ah! Whatever! ", she says in frustration and gets up.

She storms out of the room and runs towards the Principal's office.

She passes by the admin in charge, ignoring the lady from stopping her and immediately burst into the door.

Everyone in the room turns to her direction.

The principal is sitting at a single couch eight in the middle of two long ones.

Gary sat on the other end, with four more teachers, who are obviously members of the Disciplinary Council.

Jong Koom is standing right in front of them, and he looks like he is arguing with them before she came.

They all look surprise to see her there. 
"Song Ji Hyo, how dare you barge in like this! ", the Admin says as she grabs Ji Hyo's wrist.

But she slings her grab off her wrist.

"I'm here as a witness. ", she says loudly.

Well, it's too late to back out now.

"What? ", the Principal says.

"Kang Gary is innocent. He is with me yesterday afternoon. "